Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Are you running the Tamagotchi L.I.F.E. app?

tamatalk app tamagotchi

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Poll: Are you running Tamagotchi L.I.F.E.? (247 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you running Tamagotchi L.I.F.E. on your iPhone/iPod or Android device?

1. Yes (171 votes [69.23%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 69.23%

2. No (76 votes [30.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.77%

How do you like the Tamagotchi L.I.F.E. app compared to regular Tamagotchis?

1. I like the app better (3 votes [1.21%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.21%

2. I like the regular Tamagotchi better (200 votes [80.97%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 80.97%

3. I like both just the same (44 votes [17.81%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.81%

Vote

Maskutchi

• maskutchi user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 May 2014 - 12:21 PM ( #101 )

A couple of nights ago I found the Tamagotchi L.I.F.E. app while randomly perusing the app store while lying awake in the middle of the night. I have been using the app for two days so far, and it inspired me to get a p1 egg from eBay (and now I am looking for my first p2 and tama connection, though I am not sure which version to get).

I agree with what everyone else has already said: the actual eggs are so much better than the app, but I am happy the app exists. I do feel like it is draining my battery. Maybe that's all in my head, or maybe it is because now I am checking my phone every 10 minutes.

I also downloaded the app on my iPad, but I ended up deleting it because 1) I wasn't ready to have more than one pet going at the same time and 2) it seems better suited for the small mobile phone screen. Once I get my actual eggs I will likely not keep up with the app.

After finding the app and buying an original egg, I then found this site. I'm excited to join the community! Hello!

---

UPDATE: Last night I was playing with the app, and I realized you can make the tamagotchi screen full size which does a few things: adds color to the original p1 and p2 characters, allows you to tap the setting you want rather than scrolling through the buttons on the original egg, and makes the whole thing bigger. I really like it! It makes more sense that the app would work in this way. After using this for a few days, the app doesn't seem to be draining the battery any more than usual. As an iPhone user, my only complaint is that it doesn't work with Game Center.

Edited by Maskutchi, 30 May 2014 - 10:36 AM.

• Holler likes this

Zephyr

• zephyr user photo

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:48 PM ( #102 )

I like both the app and the keychain tamas equally, though my comparison is going to be between the app and the first gen Tama. (I had two tama v1 connections--the ones from 2007--and I got the first gen tama when it first came out in the late 1990s. My first gen tama just arrived in the mail today so since I haven't had connections in awhile, I'm going off the first gen.) The extra game on the app is nice because it's easier to earn hearts for my tama that way, as opposed to guessing which way the tama is going to look. Plus it can chirp for me without the sound being on--I always keep my phone on vibrate, and I don't have to worry about the beeping annoying my roommates.

On the other hand, I love my little keychain tama because it brings back good memories and as far as virtual pets go, this is how I remember them and this is just how they feel like they should be. Weirdly, I feel a little more attached to my keychain Tama than my phone Tama. I think once I unlock the rest of the tamas on my phone app I'm going to delete it since my iPhone is a 16 gig and I don't want the app taking up space, lol.

Sadron

• sadron user photo

Posted 02 August 2014 - 01:10 AM ( #103 )

I have both of them, but the angel one seems broken. They never poop nor seem to do any good deeds. Seems like they didn't test it properly.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tamatalk, app, tamagotchi