so i want to start collecting tamagotchis...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

teddyvectrex

Reaction score
so i recently thought about how much i missed my v3 tamagotchi (zebra stripes) since it went through the washing machine years ago because i left it in my pocket :( well, i was looking it up on ebay because i wanted to get one again (because i still love them) and i realised that they are actually really cool! i want to start collecting them mabey! any tips or suggestions? also, another question (to people who already collect) do you take care of all of the tamagotchis you own, or just take care of some of them, and the rest are just for show?

I just pause a tama when I get bored of it and run another. I always pick them up again eventually.

It's great you decided to start collecting again! I suggest you get a version like a v3, like you said, first. They arnt too hard or too easy to take care of, and rarely get boring. If you decide to get more, get a v2 or a Tama-Go. The v2 can connect with the v3, which can make running them twice as fun! If the v3 is too hard for you, a Tama-Go is easy to take care of and pretty fun as well. Hope you enjoy Tamagotchis as much as you used to! Hope I helped!

-Kero :)

Last edited by a moderator:
My tips for collecting Tamas - don't rush or be competitive, only buy what you want and can afford. Collecting does lose its meaning if it becomes too easy and you don't even play with the Tamas you get. I have around 30 Tamas and it's impossible to run all of them especially during school term, so I definitely only run 1 at once, if that.

I'm so sorry to hear about your tama going through the wash! I had the same thing happen to my first v3 (it was black with pink trim, R.I.P.)

It's great that you want to get into collecting though! I started collecting almost 2 years ago (maybe even longer?) and I'm at 10 tamas. I usually only run 1 or 2 at a time and switch over to another version when I get bored of one and then come back to that one later. It's important to not rush through collecting and to not be competitive about it, and only add what you can afford! I suggest you try and actually find a used V3 that has the same design as your old one for your first addition to your collection. V3's are an all around great version and to get the same as your old one that you miss would bring back a lot of nostalgia. After that you could expand to other versions, like maybe another connection or even a vintage! Color tamas can be quite pricey but so worth it if you have the extra cash.

I hope you have fun in your tama collecting adventures!

My tips are have a good look around on ebay! if you keep looking, you'll fing some really good tamas.

Also, don't ge too attatched before you win the bidding...happened to me once lol

I also reccomend V4s because they're really fun.

I just recently got the zebra-striped v3 you described off eBay! I am absolutely in love with it!! I am pretty obsessed with all thing with zebra print, though. My entire room/washroom is zebra-themed. :p

Yeah, collecting is really fun, but I think that dazzilitchi hit it right on the head when she said to not rush it. Part of the fun is exploring all the different tamas, and seeing what each version has to offer. Just maybe make a list of your top 5 that you want most, and slowly go down the list whenever you have the money. The last thing you want is to get burnt out, or to spend too much money.

I'm not much of a collector, but there's some things that I have learnt since being on TamaTalk. :)

Keep the collecting balanced. You don't need to plan anything like "Buying 1 Tamagotchi per week". When you see a Tamagotchi, and you like it, and you are allowed to buy it, then go ahead! Although, you can choose which Tamagotchis you are planning to buy for your Birthday, Christmas and other occasions.

Experiment with shells, features and rarity! There's lots of different Tamagotchis in the world. This is the fun part, choosing which Tamagotchis to buy! There's a few collectors that collect Tamas feature-wise, and a few that collect rarity-wise. Others just stuff their bag! It's up to you how you want to collect. ;)

Price is probably a bit tricky. It's hard to choose on sites like Ebay and it's hard to look at the price range. Therefore, I suggest you look at these two topics.

https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/topic/179782-guide-to-ebay-tama-buying/

https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/topic/182566-tamagotchi-general-pricing-for-tradesellbuy/

That's all I know, I guess. Have fun collecting! :D

It's great you decided to start collecting again! I suggest you get a version like a v3, like you said, first. They arnt too hard or too easy to take care of, and rarely get boring. If you decide to get more, get a v2 or a Tama-Go. The v2 can connect with the v3, which can make running them twice as fun! If the v3 is too hard for you, a Tama-Go is easy to take care of and pretty fun as well. Hope you enjoy Tamagotchis as much as you used to! Hope I helped!

-Kero :)
thanks! well i never really collected (i only owned 1 in the past) so its not really collecting again, but its starting to collect :)

I'm not much of a collector, but there's some things that I have learnt since being on TamaTalk. :)

Keep the collecting balanced. You don't need to plan anything like "Buying 1 Tamagotchi per week". When you see a Tamagotchi, and you like it, and you are allowed to buy it, then go ahead! Although, you can choose which Tamagotchis you are planning to buy for your Birthday, Christmas and other occasions.

Experiment with shells, features and rarity! There's lots of different Tamagotchis in the world. This is the fun part, choosing which Tamagotchis to buy! There's a few collectors that collect Tamas feature-wise, and a few that collect rarity-wise. Others just stuff their bag! It's up to you how you want to collect. ;)

Price is probably a bit tricky. It's hard to choose on sites like Ebay and it's hard to look at the price range. Therefore, I suggest you look at these two topics.

https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/topic/179782-guide-to-ebay-tama-buying/

https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/topic/182566-tamagotchi-general-pricing-for-tradesellbuy/

That's all I know, I guess. Have fun collecting! :D
awesome. thanks for the help!

I just recently got the zebra-striped v3 you described off eBay! I am absolutely in love with it!! I am pretty obsessed with all thing with zebra print, though. My entire room/washroom is zebra-themed. :p

Yeah, collecting is really fun, but I think that dazzilitchi hit it right on the head when she said to not rush it. Part of the fun is exploring all the different tamas, and seeing what each version has to offer. Just maybe make a list of your top 5 that you want most, and slowly go down the list whenever you have the money. The last thing you want is to get burnt out, or to spend too much money.
you must like zebras XD yeah good idea. i might get at least one of each version of tamagotchi, and intead of relying on reviews to see which one is the best, i can just see it for myself :)

My tips are have a good look around on ebay! if you keep looking, you'll fing some really good tamas.

Also, don't ge too attatched before you win the bidding...happened to me once lol

I also reccomend V4s because they're really fun.
i have been checking ebay for the last couple of days :) my sister used to have a v4, and those are good too :)

My tips for collecting Tamas - don't rush or be competitive, only buy what you want and can afford. Collecting does lose its meaning if it becomes too easy and you don't even play with the Tamas you get. I have around 30 Tamas and it's impossible to run all of them especially during school term, so I definitely only run 1 at once, if that.
thanks for the help. i have alot of experience collecting things other than tamagotchis, so its not really a new thing to me (but collecting tamagotchis it :D )

I'm so sorry to hear about your tama going through the wash! I had the same thing happen to my first v3 (it was black with pink trim, R.I.P.)

It's great that you want to get into collecting though! I started collecting almost 2 years ago (maybe even longer?) and I'm at 10 tamas. I usually only run 1 or 2 at a time and switch over to another version when I get bored of one and then come back to that one later. It's important to not rush through collecting and to not be competitive about it, and only add what you can afford! I suggest you try and actually find a used V3 that has the same design as your old one for your first addition to your collection. V3's are an all around great version and to get the same as your old one that you miss would bring back a lot of nostalgia. After that you could expand to other versions, like maybe another connection or even a vintage! Color tamas can be quite pricey but so worth it if you have the extra cash.

I hope you have fun in your tama collecting adventures!
yeah it is sad :( i wanted to get another one when it broke, and the store didnt have any, but they did have another brand that had a virtual cat. it wasn't NEARLY as good, and i ended up taking it apart because i used to love to do that (and i still do sometimes :) ) i dont plan on getting hundreds of them, and i especially dont plan on being competitive about it. i only want to do it for fun :) and the only zebra stripe v3 on ebay right now is a bid that is 27.99 bucks and the shipping is 8.00$. but it is new. is that how much it is worth new? i think they used to be 20$ when they first came out, but i cant quite remember..

yeah it is sad :( i wanted to get another one when it broke, and the store didnt have any, but they did have another brand that had a virtual cat. it wasn't NEARLY as good, and i ended up taking it apart because i used to love to do that (and i still do sometimes :) ) i dont plan on getting hundreds of them, and i especially dont plan on being competitive about it. i only want to do it for fun :) and the only zebra stripe v3 on ebay right now is a bid that is 27.99 bucks and the shipping is 8.00$. but it is new. is that how much it is worth new? i think they used to be 20$ when they first came out, but i cant quite remember..
They were about $15 when they came out where I live, but since they haven't been on store shelves in such a long time the price has inflated quite a bit. The price you mentioned wouldn't necessarily be a "bad" price, but it's not really a good one either...

They were about $15 when they came out where I live, but since they haven't been on store shelves in such a long time the price has inflated quite a bit. The price you mentioned wouldn't necessarily be a "bad" price, but it's not really a good one either...
yeah ok. i know its not the BEST, but its currently the only zebra v3 on ebay. i could wait, but im impatient! :p

yeah ok. i know its not the BEST, but its currently the only zebra v3 on ebay. i could wait, but im impatient! :p
If you are dead set on getting one new in package then getting that one might not be a bad idea. I haven't been looking through ebay lately but when I used to go through the pages every day I remember I didn't see too many NIP and so it might be a while until you find another of that design NIP. If you are ok with getting a used one then I'd say it's best to wait. Used ones are a lot cheaper and a lot of them are in pretty good condition.

If you are dead set on getting one new in package then getting that one might not be a bad idea. I haven't been looking through ebay lately but when I used to go through the pages every day I remember I didn't see too many NIP and so it might be a while until you find another of that design NIP. If you are ok with getting a used one then I'd say it's best to wait. Used ones are a lot cheaper and a lot of them are in pretty good condition.
i dont mind getting a used one, but it shouldnt be too scratched up (not bad condition basically) and if none come up for a while then i might get another model, then get that one. i wouldnt mind having 2 v3's. after all, its a collection right? :D

i dont mind getting a used one, but it shouldnt be too scratched up (not bad condition basically) and if none come up for a while then i might get another model, then get that one. i wouldnt mind having 2 v3's. after all, its a collection right? :D
Yep! I have plenty of v3's on my wishlist haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back