training tamas?

training discipline attention timeout praise

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

music_chick_05

• music-chick-05 user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:34 PM ( #1 )

Hi!

So, when my TMGO calls for attention and there appears to be no reason, I give it a time-out. Is this the right thing to do because 2 out of 3 times when i gave it a time out for attention calling me for no reason, it wasn't correct and it didn' give me any training points. Is there a way to figure out whether to time-out or praise your tama?

Replies

Views

Started

30 Mar 2013

Last Post

31 Mar 2013

*Hayden*

• hayden user photo

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:36 PM ( #2 )

Try Praising it next time

indiGOtama

• indigotama user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:37 AM ( #3 )

If they are turned around (with their back to you) while they call for attention, that means they have a legitimate reason and you should praise them. If they are just prancing around the screen normally when they call for attention, they do not have a legitimate reason, and you should give them a time-out.

• music_chick_05 likes this

music_chick_05

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:05 PM ( #4 )

If they are turned around (with their back to you) while they call for attention, that means they have a legitimate reason and you should praise them. If they are just prancing around the screen normally when they call for attention, they do not have a legitimate reason, and you should give them a time-out.

What about if there is no reason but it's face is to me and it's just jumping up and down with an exclamation mark?

indiGOtama

• indigotama user photo

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:37 PM ( #5 )

That is when you need to give it a time out, as they did not call to you for a legitimate reason, I believe..

Also, when it's crying while it calls to you, you need to praise it

Edited by indiGOtama, 31 March 2013 - 05:38 PM.

music_chick_05

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:20 PM ( #6 )

That is when you need to give it a time out, as they did not call to you for a legitimate reason, I believe..

Also, when it's crying while it calls to you, you need to praise it

But what I'm saying is I do give it a time out but then it says that was the wrong choice. :(

indiGOtama

• indigotama user photo

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:25 PM ( #7 )

For when there's an exclamation point above it? Then try praising it next time - process of elimination lol. That's the one that I'm not sure of, is the exclamation point.. I haven't seen any of my tamas do that.

music_chick_05

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:33 PM ( #8 )

Ok :) Thanks for all your help! It's just weird that sometimes I have to praise it and sometimes I have to give it a time out for the same thing :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: training, discipline, attention, timeout, praise