Tamagotchi L.I.F.E. App Discussion

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How well does the app work for you?

• It has several major glitches

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
What does everyone think of the Tamagotchi L.I.F.E. app? This thread is just to discuss the app in general.

Personally, I dislike the app because it has just one huge glitch that ruins the whole thing (freezing and not responding, then when I quit it deletes all the happy hearts). Other than that, it would be fun, but nothing can replace the little plastic egg. Half the fun of it (or at least for me) is having a Tama that I can pick up and check, real buttons and a design you have to take care of or it will rub off. I know whoever made the app probably did it to test how many Tama fans were left before they took the risk of releasing a new toy, but a lot of the Tama fans aren't going to get the app because it's not a Tama.

I don't like it really. It sometimes freezes and it starts evolving quickly in to every character. It even grew into a bill from a nyorotchi. Personally, I prefer the actual egg because it gives a much better experience. It also took ages for a Tamagotchi app to come out that was made by BanDai. I guess if you want real tama's, you'll have to rely on Bandai Japan :(

*Hayden*

Okay so,

-Bad loading times

-You can't do anything when the Tamagotchi goes to the toilet unless you access another menu before returning

-Leaving the app often makes it forget your Tamagotchi's happy meter if it's been filled by playing games

-I seem to only get the same adult characters

-The games are bad

-There isn't much benefit in getting more stars or raised characters

-I dislike some of the backgrounds

-Needs more characters and things to do

Other than that I enjoy it.

I hate it. It feels like a tamagotchi knock off. It doesn't give the full enjoyment of the real tamagotchis.

I think it's unfair to compare the app with the Connection series and the recent releases. It's "apples and oranges".

It's clear that the app is designed to behave exactly like a P1, so do not expect features that go beyond what the original version has.

I credit Bandai for at least adding at least an enhanced colour mode (although the sprites are horribly upscaled) and the option to customize the backgrounds and shells.

I haven't encountered any strange glitches so far. No freezing either - I suggest you keep your Android phone's software always up to date. Outdated software will always have issues with newer apps, hence the reason why updates are being released.

And for those who do not know, the app is actually a Bandai Japan release; it's named "Smartphone de Hakken! Tamagotchi" and L.i.f.e. is the North American licensed version.

I generally like the app, because it lets me bring a tamagotchi with me on the go without worrying about loosing the egg or the egg getting damaged. Cause let's be honest, most people tend to remember their phone before anything else they walk away from.

I agree that on the iPhone app, there are times between switching menus that the pixels on the characters and tama menus become blurry. This fixes itself when I shut down the app and open it back up. Other than that, I see no real programming issues with it.

I like that they added color to the characters, and I actually like the shell and wallpaper features, although I wish there was a more defined way to gain stars instead of just raising different tamas.

It's definitely not the same as an actual egg, but it's a nice p1/p2 emulator.

Has anyone else noticed that when you switch between full view and shell view, that you can play two different games? Shell view lets you play the left/right game, and full screen view lets you play Rock Paper Scissors.

I really like it, it's a great iOS app. I just don't like how once you close the app, the weight goes back to how it was before. Say I would play with it when it was 14oz, and then it went to 10, and I shut off the app .. When I go back on, it's at 14oz again. That's the only problem I've had with it.

The app is OK. But it killed the first tama I had on it. It just glitched up for no reason. Also I'd fill up all it's hearts and back completely out of the app. Then I'd check on it a hour or two later and the app would STILL be up after I backed out of it. :angry: . Overall the actual tamagotchi is much better than the app. :lol:

I thought it was cool when I downloaded it...........

but it's not the same.

I hate how they put the generations! Is it just me or why you can't get a girl tamagotchi! :angry:

I stopped playing it pretty soon. It's just a waste of space!

This app needs way more improvement!!! :p

I actually really do like the app, it seems to run perfect on my iPhone 4S. Although I did have some trouble downloading because im in the UK and it hasn't been released here yet! But other than that, it's running perfect.

However I have noticed that if the character dies, and you close the app completely (double press home button and click the (x) icon), then go into your setting and change the time to a few hours before it died, it seems to come back alive. It has happened to me twice now, not that I am complaining ;)

After the updates to fix some of the bugs (The happy meter bug being one of the major ones), I have to say that this app is definitely an excellent recreation of the original G1 Tamagotchi. Sure it's nothing like the real thing, but I feel they captured everything about the G1 perfectly... and then some with the adult characters having three color schemes each. Some of the new colors are very creative - hopefully I will end up with the "watermelon Masktchi" at some point. :)

Don't you feel that you are limited to what your tamagotchi does?? <_<

Other tamagotchi toys have many more options, games, characters, and activities!!

Don't you feel that you are limited to what your tamagotchi does?? Other tamagotchi toys have many more options, games, characters, and activities!!
It's not meant to completely replace the Connection series... as most of us have mentioned earlier, the L.i.f.e. app is doing exactly what the P1/G1 version does.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it just me or why you can't get a girl tamagotchi! :angry:
tumblr_inline_mkgmv4bIoI1qz4rgp.gif

Most hilarious post ever.

It's a P1 emulator. THERE ARE NO GIRLS. If you want a girl so badly you're going to complain about it, get a friggin Mesutchi. (Or a P2.) There are no boys there.

It's an alright P1 emulator, to be perfectly honest. I'm quite surprised Sper... Nyorotchi hasn't been replaced due to it's suggestive character design. I was also interested in how the app is as game-based as the original. You can't be lazy and go, "I'll just feed it snacks to make it happy," you have to play games, or else it'll die. However, it's still equally as boring as the original P1. I guess it's here for nostalgic purposes? NAHW DEY NED AH TAMABAWWTCHI CAWNEKTYAWN AHP! Seriously though, a V2 app would be pretty cool. Heck, it could even use the internet to "connect" with others.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not meant to completely replace the Connection series... as most of us have mentioned earlier, the L.i.f.e. app is doing exactly what the P1/G1 version does.
tamatchi-this_zps99145902.png

(Sorry. I just had to throw that meme in there. In my own way.)

On the other hand, Bandai has said that there will be updates to the app as time passes, so who knows what they'll add. I'm guessing we'll see most of the vintage Tamas represented (We probably won't see the Mothra, Tamaotchi, or Genjitchi here due to necessary licensing and whatnot). I'll be pleasantly surprised if they add more characters from the current era and / or connection features and whatnot.

I *would* like it, but having to unlock my phone, open the app, hit start and then being able to take care of my tama....

I dislike the inconvenience.

I prefer the eggs because all I have to do is look at it, pretty much.

Call me lazy, but that's honestly my only gripe about it.

That, and holding a tama in my hand is way nicer.

Doesn't have that same warm, fuzzy feeling.

All the complaints i hear most of the time of how it doesn't have many features. Well..The complaints are basically that it is a P1 tama. Which its supposed to be..?
But I can't say anything,i guess. My ipod touch is really old..
I hope that the app is good enough at what it does. But what matters is that people are actually getting the app..Maybe BANDAI will understand that there are people that want tamas,And if you tell them your issues with the app,Maybe they will improve it! That is what I'm hoping. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back