Photo
- - - - -

Tamagotchi L.I.F.E. App Discussion

• Please log in to reply

Poll: Tamagotchi L.I.F.E. App Poll (69 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you think of the Tamagotchi L.I.F.E. app?

1. It's fantastic! (3 votes [4.35%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.35%

2. It's pretty good! (21 votes [30.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.43%

3. It's good. (12 votes [17.39%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.39%

4. It's OK. (13 votes [18.84%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.84%

5. I don't really like it. (9 votes [13.04%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.04%

6. I don't really like it but that's only because it doesn't work properly for me. (5 votes [7.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.25%

7. I hate it! (6 votes [8.70%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.70%

Do you think the app is better than a real Tama?

1. Yes! (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. I don't even like real Tamas, so yes. (0 votes [0.00%])

3. It's about the same. (13 votes [18.84%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.84%

4. No. (26 votes [37.68%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 37.68%

5. Definitely NOT! (30 votes [43.48%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 43.48%

6. I don't like either! (0 votes [0.00%])

How well does the app work for you?

1. It works perfectly (26 votes [37.68%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 37.68%

2. It has one or two minor glitches (27 votes [39.13%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 39.13%

3. It has several minor glitches (4 votes [5.80%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.80%

4. It has one or two major glitches (5 votes [7.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.25%

5. It has several major glitches (0 votes [0.00%])

6. It's so glitchy I can't use it/can barely use it (4 votes [5.80%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.80%

7. It wouldn't even download properly! (3 votes [4.35%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.35%

Vote Guests cannot vote

bmasterx

• bmasterx user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:58 PM ( #21 )

First time on this site in years, wow.

Haven't played with a tamagotchi since like 6th grade.. I'm a freshman in college now. Heard about the app & checked it out & it brought memories of this site.

I'm not having too much fun with it, but reading through this thread I'm assuming its because its an emulated version of the old tamagotchis or something, or maybe I'm just too old for these now.

Side note: Does that tama chat thing still exist on this site? I think it was only open on Saturdays or something, I don't remember.

Violetchi luv

• violetchi-luv user photo

Posted 08 June 2013 - 09:48 AM ( #22 )

I wasn't even born when the p1 came out so this is a good way to get a feel for the first tamas. :)

elisiemo

• elisiemo user photo

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:42 AM ( #23 )

My only complaint about the app is the lack of a pause feature. I know the originals didn't have one, but I'd still like to see it added in a future update.

Princess Tamina

• princess-tamina user photo

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:07 PM ( #24 )

If you are disappointed in this app.

I highly suggest you to get the hachi app, it is not the same as the traditional tamagotchis but it's very a fun little virtual pet.
:D

chichichick

• chichichick user photo

Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:52 PM ( #25 )

I just got the app for my phone and kindle, but i dont have any of the freezing issues people were saying. I had the original tamagotchi from 1997, I was 11 at the time, so this is pretty much all I know. It makes me want to see if i can find my egg somewhere at my parents house or buy one of the new versions. My two year old likes to help me play rock paper scissors too, my husband thinks im a weirdo though. Lol!  I think its great you can change the shells and backgrounds, it gives it replay value..  The only thing is that i cant figure out how to reset it. The old one just had you hold down A and C, but that doesnt work on this. Anyone know how to do this? Or if its an option yet? 

elisiemo

• elisiemo user photo

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:39 PM ( #26 )

I just got the app for my phone and kindle, but i dont have any of the freezing issues people were saying. I had the original tamagotchi from 1997, I was 11 at the time, so this is pretty much all I know. It makes me want to see if i can find my egg somewhere at my parents house or buy one of the new versions. My two year old likes to help me play rock paper scissors too, my husband thinks im a weirdo though. Lol!  I think its great you can change the shells and backgrounds, it gives it replay value..  The only thing is that i cant figure out how to reset it. The old one just had you hold down A and C, but that doesnt work on this. Anyone know how to do this? Or if its an option yet? 

Make sure you're in the magnified mode (the little magnifying glass in the upper right corner), and a large reset button will appear on top of the angel form. I'm fairly certain that you can only reset this app after your Tama dies.

bbabyblue

• bbabyblue user photo

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:51 AM ( #27 )

it didn't work in my previous cellphone, in the one I've got now it does work fine. but of couse, it will never be like playing with the original one... :blink:

Eternal Mametchi Fan

• eternal-mametchi-fan user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:01 AM ( #28 )

It's good when it works. I mean, it's a OK p1 emulator, but I've noticed a LOT OF PROBLEMS.

It freezes a lot, and second of all, I noticed a glitch where the sprites start looking all glitchy, see: http://i1162.photobu...dcd61376d4c.jpg

I wish it had the anime characters, or at least the connection ones. :/

I know!  It just has boring ugly vintage characters and Mametchi looks HORRIBLE!  The vintage Tamagotchi game for GameBoy is much better even though it basically has the same characters because they look cuter and Mametchi looks proper. =D

wayfareangel

• wayfareangel user photo

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:58 PM ( #29 )

It kept me entertained until my Tama-Go arrived. That's all I asked of it. I still prefer the actual thing, though.

TotallyTamagotchi

• totallytamagotchi user photo

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:29 AM ( #30 )

It's not that much fun at all. It works absolutely perfect for me, no glitches whatsoever. But I honestly think having a real tamagotchi to stuff in your pocket, hook to your backpack, and push little rubbery buttons is more fun. :)

tamastar133

• tamastar133 user photo

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:04 PM ( #31 )

I have the app and it's perfect! But it's more fun to have to hold it I don't wanna hold my IPod to use it :(

tinkeepie11

• tinkeepie11 user photo

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:32 PM ( #32 )

I agree with tamastar133; the app itself works fine for me but it doesn't really have the same affect as a traditional tamagotchi. I like having a little egg in my pocket, not a giant phone(why do these phone companies think bigger is better?). In general, I don't use apps on my phone a lot unless I wanna browse the internet or youtube, which is why I'm not a big fan of the L.I.F.E. App.

SamJJE101

• samjje101 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 02 August 2013 - 02:03 AM ( #33 )

Is the Tamagotchi Angel app still planned for release next year? I wonder when we'll get more information on this.

WarOmnimon

• waromnimon user photo

Posted 02 August 2013 - 09:04 PM ( #34 )

Is the Tamagotchi Angel app still planned for release next year? I wonder when we'll get more information on this.

I would certainly hope so.  I for one cannot wait for more information on the G2 and Angel apps.  I'm most interested in seeing what color schemes are used for the adult characters on these - one of the high points of the original Tamagotchi LIFE app for me was the multiple color schemes for the fully grown characters.  :)

tamastar133

• tamastar133 user photo

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:39 PM ( #35 )

I want the ocean Life app :P I would get the angel app too!

Franny Samba

• franny-samba user photo

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:34 AM ( #36 )

Does anyone in the UK have it yet, I don't think its available here. If it is Ill have a go at it!

WarOmnimon

• waromnimon user photo

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:25 AM ( #37 )

Just posting to let everyone know that there's an update to the app coming in 5 days according to the Tamagotchi L.i.f.e. Twitter account.

Tamagotchi L.i.f.e. will release a new update, available for iOS and Android, new characters, games, and much more!

I'm guessing this will be the G2 update.  So hyped!  :)

autumns

• autumns user photo

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:09 AM ( #38 )

I just like how the tamas are different colors

ForeverWaiting

• foreverwaiting user photo

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:22 PM ( #39 )

Ooh I might run it then will more effort!!

noodle-tchi

• noodle-tchi user photo

Posted 17 August 2013 - 02:18 PM ( #40 )

If there is a Tamagotchi Angel App that is going to be releaced I would REALLY like it in the UK! Especially since Life isent and 1 of my best friends when I was little had an Angel and I loved it! I helped her look after it too. I really wanted 1 and could not find 1 anywhere. It is the closest I can get (at the moment) to the real thing! The Tamagotchi Life app seems like a pretty good idea. Since I cant get the app to say which is better I have put they are both the same. :) I cant download the app because I live in the UK. :(