Whats the version of this tamagotchi and how much is it worth?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
*Topic moved to 'What's On Your Mind'*

It's definitely a vintage Tamagotchi. Based on gross characteristics and what I can make of the picture so far, it looks like it might be a P2. I say "might" because though it says "Tamagotchi" at the top and the keychain is a hoop (like you see on the P2s), some P1s have those characteristics anyway. You have to look more at the fine details though to know more. Like background, for instance. For some reason (and this is another reason why I say "might"), though at a quick glance, this looks like it may be a P2, the background on yours looks like it might be checkered, like you would see in the P1s, but I can't see the background too well in the picture. Is the background checkered (P1) or swirly (P2)? Also, you can tell the difference between a P1 and a P2 for sure by powering it up and looking at the shape of the egg before it hatches, the characters, the icons, etc.

I haven't been keeping track of prices for used vintages lately but from what I remember, it seems like people are usually paying $10-15 for them.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a P2. The p1 never had 'tamagotchi' written on the top. To make sure however, look at the medication icon. The p1 has a needle whereas the p2 has a spoon and bottle.

They're not worth much now, but could sell for $15. It depends on the condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back