do you think they will re open tama town

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless a new Tama toy is released I doubt that TamaTown will be reopened. And unfortunately chances of a new Tama toy are slim because Bandai seems to be going more in the phone app direction.

BanDai can't afford to keep TamaTown running because the Tama-Go was not a success and they haven't released anything new recently. If they somehow get lots of money from the phone app, they might start it up again, but I doubt it.

The Tamagotchi App is for free and so far, they aren't making money at of it. The Tama-Go wasn't successful compared to the prior releases. The Tamatown Tama-Go focuses on Tamatown. That means most of the profits of the sold Tama-Gos goes to Tamatown. Running a website is really expensive and due to the minimal amount of profit that they got from the Tama-Gos, they had to shut down the website. If Bandai will continue to support the phone app instead of the handheld device itself, there's a huge amount of chance that will never see Tamatown again. But if Bandai changes it's direction and goes back to the real tamagotchi, it's possible that Tamatown will once be revived.

This is my opinion I hope I didn't offend anybody :) ) Hope this helps :) )

Im getting a tama go and now I cant experence it :(
Even though Tama Town is gone, the Tama Go is still really fun! I never used Tama Town for the Tama Go or the Music Star, but I still enjoy both of them. I don't even know what I'm missing out on for those two, to be honest. I only ever used the V3 Tama Town.

Tamas are great i guess its up to us to keep the dream alive. I dont want to give up on the NAtoy .has the petition been sent to bandai yet?(i guess even if they stopped making them for 2 more years but got somthing after that it would still be a win) but all of them are fun. Im just having trouble finding a v5 XD

They won't be re-opening them. Even if they make a new toy it could very likely be nearly as advanced as an iD L/P's, which would completely remove the need for a Tamatown.

Of cores they will づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ but maybe they're making or planing 2 make a newcity and new toy 4 it maybe later this year cuz the app just came who knows the app mite make a new plan 4 tamagotchi beside im waiting 4 my tamago :3

Of course they will, but maybe they're making or planning on making a new city and new toy for it. Maybe later this year, because the app just came out. Who knows? The app might give Bandai a plan for a new Tamagotchi. Besides, I'm waiting for my Tama-Go.
Perhaps Bandai might make a new toy due to the growing popularity with the L.I.F.E. app. In doing so, they might also revive Music City, or create a brand New Tamatown.

Well, maybe, because remember how it said, "You never know what Tamagotchi has in store for you!" Perhaps they'll make another one in the future. ^_^

:|

They better bring back TamaTown! I love the Tama-Go and although it's fun on its own all I ever wanted was to try TamaTown. :<

Even if they brought out a new Tamagotchi toy it would be far more likely that they'd release a phone app to interact with it than it would that they would reopen TamaTown. All tech toys seem to have to tie in with phone apps now. Look at the new Furby.

カロン has a point. Maybe they made that phone app to gain more popularity and make people remember about tamagotchis. Seems like a lot of people at my school who wouldn't really know anything about tamagotchi are getting the app. Maybe it's to catch people's attention so when they come out with a new toy, people will buy it.
That's just a guess. I do hope they reopen tamatown. I just got a music star and can't play with it online. ;_;

And if they make a now tamagotchi handheld toy, I hope it's smaller like the original. I find it a pain to carry around a tamago the same size as an egg.

I wish they would but as many others have said, I doubt it. It's really sad, even if they would release another phone app, I would be able to use it because I'm not able to get even the L.I.F.E app on my phone (I do have android but it's just 'outdated' model, sigh).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back