My Tama keeps tripping. Are they overweight?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bella6328

Reaction score
Hey, every single one of my tamas that evolve into adults always walk around but then trip and land right on their face. I was wondering if this was normal or if it meant my tamagotchi is overweight...thanks!

Oh, and It's on V4.5, it's a UraMametchi, and it weighs 36 lb.

I don't think that is overweight, maybe you're not playing any Games with them. Try playing Games to see if that helps. :)

he could be overweight.... but i dont think so. try playing games with it. it could also be eating too much snack food so try to give it less snack food and see if that helps. ^_^

^ Tripping happens in older versions where fortune isn't an option yet too.

I honestly have no clue what causes it. My tamas usually are 99lb and they trip when they get older in an adult stage, but about a day after evolving into it they are all happy and all, zero tripping.

^ Tripping happens in older versions where fortune isn't an option yet too.

I honestly have no clue what causes it. My tamas usually are 99lb and they trip when they get older in an adult stage, but about a day after evolving into it they are all happy and all, zero tripping.
True, I just recall someone once mentioning that in the later version that the "fortune" can cause more tripping. I've had portly 99lb clumsy Tamas and scrawny 25lb clusmy tamas. The reverse is also true, I've had graceful 99lbs that never trip as far as I can tell. Maybe some tamas are more prone to tripping than others?

Does the "well-being" in the fortune have only one star? My Tosakatchi lands on his face after I opened the fortune, he's at the right weight for his age and he's got all his hearts full, too, Or maybe they do that when they age?

EDIT: Yes, it's true, I got another fortune. money = (★★★),

Love = (★★) and well-being/fitness = (★★).

This is definitely to do with all 3 of the tellings, not just well-being/fitness, because my tama is jumping for joy in the middle of moving about on the screen.

I think tripping and falling on their face is part of their normal movements. Like, when it's bouncing back and forth across the middle of the screen, it turns different directions and falls on its face, and makes different expressions.

Your Tama is definitely not overweight. Its base weight is either 20 or 30 lb.

EDIT: Yes, it's true, I got another fortune. money = (★★★), Love = (★★) and well-being/fitness = (★★). This is definitely to do with all 3 of the tellings, not just well-being/fitness, because my tama is jumping for joy in the middle of moving about on the screen.
Are you sure? I've never noticed that before with my V4s. I always had the feeling that their motions were pretty random. Interesting observation though!

Edit: my V4 Memetchi doesn't trip. Maybe it depends on what character you have? I'll check my V4.5 (Celebtchi) once it wakes up.

I remember having characters on my V4 that tripped all the time, so maybe it is the fortunes?

Edit (again!) my v4 Memetchi just got one money luck star in her fortune and she's tripping all the time, my v4.5 got 3 health stars and he's jumping for joy!

You're right, it is all because of the fortunes. I learned something new today! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
36 lbs is a very healthy weight for UraMametchi, so it's in any case not overweight. :lol:

Despite common belief, characters tripping are not caused by weight. Instead, they are daused by how you took care of your Tamagotchi (V1-3), or fortunes.
On the V1, V2, and V3, a character trips when they are a below-average adult character. (Kaerutchi and Androtchi are 2 examples.) On the other hand, bad care characters (like Whaletchi and Masktchi) use the closed-eye sprite instead of tripping. Any character that is of neutral care or better (Nyorotchi and Chohimetchi are examples) will smile frequently.

On the other hand, V4s and V4.5s do not trip due to that. Instead, fortunes determine whether or not they trip. The last fortune (or the person flexing) determines if they trip. 1 star means they will constantly trip, 2 means sometimes, and 3 means never. However, this is only temporary, and changes during the next fortune you get.

On the V1, V2, and V3, a character trips when they are a below-average adult character. (Kaerutchi and Androtchi are 2 examples.)
But on my V3, I have a Bunbuntchi, who is an above-average care adult. She trips all the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back