Am I the Only Person Who Dislikes Tama-Go's Shape?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mimi22982

Reaction score
I understand that the egg form is Tamagotchi's signature, but why is Tama-Go so bulky compared to other versions? Why does the name sound like it's insinuating that this version is meant for more portability, but really it's the most uncomfortable and awkwardly shaped Tamagotchi device? I can't imagine putting it on my keychain or pocket. Luckily I can carry it in my purse.

Don't get me wrong. I really like Tama-Go... For the inside. I feel that underneath this awkward and bulky plastic egg exterior is an amazing device that I've grown to love. From the potty training to being able to switch which character I want, I love it all. It's just that the shape and name are so contradicting. Tama-Go just sounds like it means "Tamagotchi ( or Tamagotchi Town) ready to go" but its shape says otherwise.

Do you feel the same?

The vast majority of people who own a Tama-go will tell you they hate the shell. It personally irritates me more than anything because far more complex Tamas such as the P's are nowhere near as big.

It's actually the reason that keeps me from getting one. It is an interesting version, but with an unnecessarily large shell, (somewhat) crappy sounds and an undetermined growth chart deters me.

I hated it at first and even resisted getting a TamaGo due to the size. But now that I have a couple I don't mind at all. Maybe it's just that I generally wear baggy clothes but I have yet to encounter a pocket that won't comfortably fit a TamaGo. I have one pair of shorts in which the pockets are so small I can't fit my entire hand in there but a TamaGo fits fine.

i like the tama-go. i even like the way it fits in my hand, but it is the devil to carry around! my pockets are to small for it and it is hard to put it on a keychain. and i does fit on a keychain but i dont like the fact that is has a plastic chain. when i i carry it i am worried that it might brake off. and ichiro.malfoy is right, it has somewhat crappy sound. and i dont really carry a purse with me and when i do i leave it in the car. the goo thing about the tama-go is that it can last a long time without any care so i just leave it home we i go out. but i still do love the tama-go. i think it is fun! :)

I really like it. Everytime I play with a smaller one on my bed, it keeps falling out of my hand because it's small. Now I can just hold it steadily in one hand and play. I also like the flat bottom so you can make it stand and use it as an ornament :D

I really like it. Everytime I play with a smaller one on my bed, it keeps falling out of my hand because it's small. Now I can just hold it steadily in one hand and play. I also like the flat bottom so you can make it stand and use it as an ornament :D
I use mine as an ornament too! Even though I don't like the shape, you are absolutely right about the flat bottom.

I have two of them and, while I like the tama itself, I agree that the shape is a bit big for my liking.

Its really big. Almost double the size of one colour Tama! That's terrible becuase its not even in colour and you can't do anything I guess without figures. Bandai thinks money grows in trees

Excuse me, laptops are considerably bigger than a Tama-Go and people carry them around. Tama-Go is the greatest version ever and it shouldn't be judged just for its size. Do you judge people that way? Do you hate fat people without considering their personalities? Yes, you ARE the only person who dislikes Tama-Go's shape. :p Ah, I hope I don't sound mean, I'm trying to be funny. ^.^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back