Small amount of fans?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

♥Khipmunk♥

Reaction score
This is kind of random,but I was just thinking about how I like that tamagotchis don't have millions of fans. (Except for us of course!) I don't know, I just like how they aren't SUPER popular, and annoying people aren't using them and acting all "cool" and being like: HASHTAG HIPSTER. Does anyone agree? :p I might just be crazy. XD

I don't know. I guess there's something to be said for being part of a small yet loyal fanbase, but I still miss the days when I could walk into a Wal Mart and walk out with a new Tamagotchi. If Bandai America doesn't get it's sorry butt in gear we may never see the likes of those days again. I do wish that Tamagotchi was popular enough to get a few devices on store shelves at the very least.

Last edited by a moderator:
exactly. NONE of my friends here play with tamagotchis or even find them intriguing, on top of that i'm a GUY.

i do remember seeing a girl on a bus playing with a v4, but my v3 was at home, inactive.

but i am really glad that i at least like tamagotchis. life would be a bit plainer without them..

Tamas just aren't that good any more. I'm losing interest and I'm closest to - or even part of - the market they're aiming for. I'm 11 and am a girl, and even though you wouldn't say I have normal interests for someone my age, no new Tamagotchis appeal to me at all. They need to produce something fun, efficient and with lots of features that can stand out from random apps and stuff. Every day at school, I see girls sitting there going on iPads or iPhones - those could be Tamas, if only they made them fun and unique.

Unfortunately, I fear Smart Phones and Ipads may have put an end to keychain type virtual pets like Tamagotchi for good. I hate it more than I can accurately express here, but the sad fact is most people won't pay the $15- $20 for a real Tamagotchi when they can just download Generic Virtual Pet app #91245 for a couple of bucks. Those of us who still prefer the egg shaped device are a dying breed.

And that what makes us TamaTalk members united 'cause there's only a few thousands of us left :) ) I hate the fact though that it isn't popular anymore cause I'm like FOREVER ALONE when it comes to tamagotchis here but luckily I kinda influenced my friends to like it and they do but not enough to buy their own. :( ( I agree with robodog that Smart Phones MIGHT kill virtual pets because there's more things to do with a smart phone than a tamagotchi. :( (

The main difference between a smart phone and a Tamagotchi? A smart phone is a machine, a soulless, lifeless machine that will become obsolete ten minutes after you buy it and be discarded for the next model. A Tamagotchi is basically a machine too, but it's more than that. It's a creature. A creature with a life and a personality. A Tamagotchi never becomes obsolete. There are many who love the original Tamas just as much as the latest models. You can't get attached to a smart phone. It's just a machine. A Tamagotchi is so much more.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is the nice fact that I don't feel like I'm trying to fit in when I like Tamagotchi. However, it's still sad.

Because when I look at all the old posts on here, it really feels like TamaTalk was a true community, where real-life friends could visit along with friends across the globe. They all were Tamagotchi fans (and maybe they still are) but today they just aren't around anymore. The L.i.f.e. app is a step in the right direction, but if Bandai America comes up with a stellar color Tamagotchi that appeals to both older and younger audiences, Tamagotchi will be popular again. Maybe not a huge craze (which actually I don't like huge crazes cause they're in for about a week, then it's "so yesterday") but you'd see Tamagotchis in stores again. You might hear people talking about Tamagotchi again. And TamaTalk would be better too, with more active members.

Actually, at school the other day, I heard someone say that she had the Tamagotchi L.i.f.e. app and killed her Tamagotchi. The Tamagotchi L.i.f.e. app is actually on the "most popular" list on the iOS App Store. :) So Tamas are a little more popular than they used to be.

Did they kill their Tama on the Tama app on purpose? Some people download those Virtual Pets apps just to torture the poor critters. I'm not as morally against it as I would be if it was done to an an actual Tama and I admit I've killed or abused characters on various computer and video game Virtual pet type things because I don't see them as real the way I do with things like Tamas and Furby. I don't consider the Tama app real either but I don't think I could torture one. Too much like actual Tamas I think. I can't hurt characters I'm used to loving and caring for.

But if the App is that popular maybe it will lead to a new Tama device. You can't swing a dead cat around a Wal mart without hitting a piece of Angry Birds merchandise. Maybe the Tama App will do the same for Tamagotchi. We can only hope.

No, somehow I doubt she meant to kill the Tamagotchi. Tamas are just hard to care for if you aren't used to them.

I didn't have a problem with my first Tama. But then I had read a lot about them online before purchasing one. When I first heard of them I dismissed them as stupid. Then I started reading up on them and decided to try one out. The rest is history.

No, somehow I doubt she meant to kill the Tamagotchi. Tamas are just hard to care for if you aren't used to them.
i was going through tamagotchi tumblr logs and many people say that the tamas on the apps are wayy more reliant than the connection series at least.

even today it seems like it's been quite a while since i've heard my v3 beep..i'm practically waiting for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back