Reading records! (There's a video game records topic, so why not this?)

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
What are your records for reading for ages or finishing several books in a day/week/month? Mine are -

• If I like a book, I'll usually finish it in 1 or 2 days but I think I once read 2 in a day
  • I recently read 15 books in less than a month, the series has 17 books and my mum ordered the last two but I don't have them yet
  • I read 10 books in a month for the school sponsored read
  • I stayed up until 1 AM reading once but then the book told me to stop reading and go to sleep. Seriously, it had that written in it. Read the Secret Series by Pseudonymous Bosch if you don't believe me.
They're not very impressive at this point, but at least they're better than my video game records! My parents will actually support me in breaking these records, unlike video games, where it's hard to play for an hour without getting told to stop. :)

Yes the Secret Series is awesome. Best series ever.

Once I was reading the Princess Diaries on the couch. I don't know how long I was sitting there reading, but the next think I knew, I looked at the clock and it was like 3:00 AM and I couldn't remember what I had just read. Very surreal experience.

Sometimes I walk into the supermarket reading a book and my mom makes me stop though.

I read Avalon:Web of Magic fairly quickly. I had to find Trail By Fire before I could finish the rest of the books I had. Had all the other books but 6. I really like that series, its magical girl in short.

I'm not sure if any other schools are doing this, but in my school they have this AR (Accelerated Reader) system where you have to read a book and take a quiz on it. After that, you get a certain amount of points, depending on how big or complex the book is. You have to reach a certain quota for each term, which is 40 points. On my second term, I got 160 points, which is the best I've ever done. Ironically, On my last term, I only got 15 points, which is the worst I've ever done, because I was both out of books to read and too lazy to read anything because I just wanted school to end.

I finished Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire in 4 days

The latest I spent reading a book at night was the Hunger Games: Catching fire at around 1:00 AM

The series I finished fastest was the Percy Jackson series in 2 weeks.

I'm so glad I'm not the only person who is this obsessed with reading!

I'm not sure if any other schools are doing this, but in my school they have this AR (Accelerated Reader) system where you have to read a book and take a quiz on it. After that, you get a certain amount of points, depending on how big or complex the book is. You have to reach a certain quota for each term, which is 40 points. On my second term, I got 160 points, which is the best I've ever done. Ironically, On my last term, I only got 15 points, which is the worst I've ever done, because I was both out of books to read and too lazy to read anything because I just wanted school to end.

I finished Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire in 4 days

The latest I spent reading a book at night was the Hunger Games: Catching fire at around 1:00 AM

The series I finished fastest was the Percy Jackson series in 2 weeks.

I'm so glad I'm not the only person who is this obsessed with reading!
Yeah, we had AR in elementary school. I hated it because the quizzes sometimes asked these really strange questions that required memory of useless details rather than actual understanding of the book. But we got to set our own AR goals. I remember if we got 100 or more points, we could join "100 point club" and eat lunch in the library and have fun activities together and stuff. A lot of the books I read weren't even in our school's AR system, so if there was an AR value for the book, we had to write a summary of the book we read and the teacher would find books with an equivalent value and enter those into the system. If the book had no AR value, I'd get no credit for reading books I liked.

Yeah, we had AR in elementary school. I hated it because the quizzes sometimes asked these really strange questions that required memory of useless details rather than actual understanding of the book. But we got to set our own AR goals. I remember if we got 100 or more points, we could join "100 point club" and eat lunch in the library and have fun activities together and stuff. A lot of the books I read weren't even in our school's AR system, so if there was an AR value for the book, we had to write a summary of the book we read and the teacher would find books with an equivalent value and enter those into the system. If the book had no AR value, I'd get no credit for reading books I liked.
If there was no test for the book, we would have to make a test which sucked -_- . I hated when they asked those stupid questions! You're really lucky to get to set your own AR goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back