Tamago's are bad how?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. They are really Bulky

2. There are no built in items so they make figures so BanDai makes more money. They think Money grows on trees

3. Its not as good as the colour screen tamagotchis! Greyscale is way more different than colour screens

4. There is no school or jobs which makes it boring

5. It takes AGES for the adult to have and leave the baby

6. They growth is annoying because you can get terrible characters with good care

7. You can only dress up your character if you have the figures but there is only 1 item that is wearable on some figures

8. The figures don't have a destination to visit thats exciting besides the shop/ restaurant

9. There is a limited amout of activities the TamaGO can do when connecting with others

10. The park is pointless and you can only do three activities there and only Adults meet you at the park which is sort of random

.... Can I continue?

I actually think they're not that bad :) ) I don't own one though :( ( BUT they seem to be bad because they're compared to their counter parts in Japan which was almost released at the same time. It's the ID/IDL that they're comparing to.

These are the differences:

*The ID is in color, the Tama-GO isn't.

*The ID has downloadable features that are free while the Tama-GO needs separate figures to unlock features that costs a pretty penny.

*The ID has lots of things you can do, the Tama-Go is quite limited.

*The Tama-GO is larger by a bit but it's not even in color.

Well... Those are my theories :p But I think the Tama-GO is alright.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone tell me about what the function of Tamatown.com?because i haven't try to using it when i play my tamago tamatown back to 2011.So many people complain because the website is shutting down.Overwall Tamago is Good,for me the bad thing is only grey color screen.and sometimes we get the same bad character,i mean really bad. i get 4 granny(otokitchi) character on 4 generation.after i evolve into teen and the next day become granny old this happpen on my 4 time generation.i don't know it was glitch or what.but it just happen.i am not kidding. this is why i never play tamago again.

here i give you a picture after i evolve into teen and the next day become Granny,i mean otokitchi

Otokitchi.gif

ps:quote my post if you want to reply. so it will be on my notification

i like it. i have heard a lot of hate for the tama-go. it is fun at first but gets kinda boring. what makes it more fun is the figures. it is big but i like that about it. i wics they used a metal keychain not a plastic one. i like mine. i think iy more of the little kid one. i think it is awesome! :wub: love you my tama-go!

I have three Tama-Go's and personally for me they are pretty boring. It's too simple, and they are really bulky. Of course after having my color tamagotchis (TMGC+C, iD L, and Tamagotchi P's) All black and white tamagotchis seem boring. Tamagotchi P's also uses the sort of "figure" idea, but the pierces they use have TONS of features on them whereas the Tama-Go's figures have a shop (for food OR items) and games. That's it. Seems pretty boring to me.

I don't mind it too. It's just a special tamagotchi, and it's a either you love it or either you hate it tamagotchi. ;)

I love my TamaGos and I don't even have any figures aside from the ones that came with them. Sure they're simple, but I like simple Tamas. There's a reason the originals are my favorite. I don't require a lot of different games, items and jobs to enjoy a Tama. All I need is a pet to take care of.

It's really a matter of opinion.

I don't like them that much, mostly for the bulk and the locked content (unlocked by purchasing figures).

Tama gos are awesome me and my brother both have one the thing I'm a bit worried about is that my brother can leave his alone for days and it never dies

Tama gos are awesome me and my brother both have one the thing I'm a bit worried about is that my brother can leave his alone for days and it never dies

EDIT: so sorry double posted

I do think it's different for every person (what they look for in a tamagotchi/what they find fun...) Personally I have owned quite a few versions of tamagotchis and the Tama-go is one of my favorites. I personally like the shape because I always feel like the regular ones are going to slip out of my hands based on the way I have to hold them. Also I thought the pricing was pretty fair (of course, I got mine for $5 and then bought the figures online for a pretty sweet deal). They can be a little boring without the figures though, I think. :)

1. They are really Bulky

- I agree.

2. There are no built in items so they make figures so BanDai makes more money. They think Money grows on trees

- The tamago is really cheap. If all the features of the figures would be included in the tama-go, it would be really expensive. Now you can choose your favourite kind of items, or your favourite character and buy only the set amount of figures you want, and still get away cheaply. See the figures as an opportunity instead of a limit. ;)

3. Its not as good as the colour screen tamagotchis! Greyscale is way more different than colour screens

- This goes for all tamagotchi's except for the very newest ones in colour. Vintages, Connections, tamagotchi plus series and many more are all black-and-white, but we don't dislike them for that, do we?

I like the grayscale, and think it's a good idea that makes the animations look so alive, yet it's not an expensive screen such as in the colour tamas.

4. There is no school or jobs which makes it boring

- This goes for all tamagotchis except for v4, v4.5, music star and P's, and is thus not an exclusive disadvantage for the tamago. Just a feature that they chose not to include.

5. It takes AGES for the adult to have and leave the baby

- This is quite subjective whether it's a good feature or not. I personally love the fact that you get to keep your tamagotchi and it's family for a couple of days before they move on. Then the parting does not make me quite as depressed as it would if everything happened so quickly.

6. They growth is annoying because you can get terrible characters with good care

-Also quite subjective which characters are "horrible"... Besides, the same goes for v2 and v3 as well, no?

7. You can only dress up your character if you have the figures but there is only 1 item that is wearable on some figures

- You can't dress up characters at all on most tamagotchi versions. Just because they chose to include the feature in the ID L doesn't mean that all tamagotchis that you can't dress up are bad.

Again, see it as an opportunity that you at all can dress up characters.

8. The figures don't have a destination to visit thats exciting besides the shop/ restaurant

- There are no destinations at all on most tamagotchis again, but that does not make them bad!

9. There is a limited amout of activities the TamaGO can do when connecting with others

- There is a limited amount of activities that any tamagotchi can do when connecting with others. Are you implying that the tamago is bad because it does not have an unlimited amount of features despite it's size? Look at the prize. I think unlimited would cost ten times as much, no?

10. The park is pointless and you can only do three activities there and only Adults meet you at the park which is sort of random

- There is a park feature on the tamago! Yay!

I'm not saying that you personally have to love the tamago, everyone has their own preferences. But I think you should look more to the whole lot of fun features that actually are included, instead of pointing out the features of a select few other tamagotchi versions that are not included.

Bandai made the tamago with the economy of their customers in mind, making the tamagotchi itself cheap and slightly simple but yet adorable, and giving the customers who can afford it and wishes for more features a way to get them with the gotchi figures.

I personally think that it's a better solution than to make a tama-go with all of the gotchi figures features built-in, as it would be unaffordable to most.

Try to see the bright side of everything! :D

Personally I like the Tamago. It's fun to play games, go shopping, and connect with my Music Star. ^_^ . But on the other hand it's not great for travel, I need to buy figures if I want more shops, and for some reason my Purple Tamago's faceplate is really hard to get off. :angry: . But I really do like the Tamago.

Tama-Go's are not "bad". People either like or dislike them.

If BanDai made every single Tamagotchi release the same, the franchise would quickly grow boring.

There is no such thing as a bad Tamagotchi. Some may be more fun to some than they are to others but none are bad.

Pretty much what everyone has already said. The Tama-Go certainly isn't primarily viewed as bad, it's really just your opinion on it.

For me it's a decent Tamagotchi, but it could have been a lot better. A few things here and there and it could have been a winner, and I'm not talking about upgrading to to a colour screen. The greyscale screen was still a nice touch, and the first of its kind.

I just got mine, and I like it, despite only having 1 figure. It's just what you make of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back