My first question is do you still like your 2012 furby, or have you gotten bored with it? If you have, how long did you have it before it got boring? Why does it seem boring to you?
I still enjoy my 2012 Furby, though I have only had it for a few weeks.
I think it compares with the original models quite well, which I also still enjoy playing with.
What are the differences between the 2012 furby and 2012 furby baby/party rocker other than the obvious physical differences?
The Party Rockers (they are not Furby Babies) aren't nearly as interactive as the Furbys. They act more as a pet/accessory to the Furby than anything else.
They can't be fed or change personalities, for example.
I don't own any and have never had them in hand, so I can't be more specific.
What are the differences between the 2012 furby and the 1999 furby?
1999 Furby (adult):
- Sensors: Tummy (tickle), tongue (for feeding), back (petting), tilt (senses movement), light, sound.
- Movement: Ears, beak, eyes/eyelids, base (for dancing).
- Vocabulary: Approx 200 words.
- Can interact with: Furby 1999, Furby Baby, Shelby, Furby Friends.
- On/off Switch: No, but later generations can be made deep-sleep with a specific action. It will fall asleep after a long period of being left alone or if it is in darkness.
- Many different colours and patterns to choose from.
- IR communication.
- Can play the games: Furby Says, Ask Furby, Hide and Seek.
Emototronic Furby (2005)
- Sensors: Tummy (tickling), tongue (for feeding), back (petting), tilt (senses movement), sound (voice command).
- Movement: Ears, beak, eyes/eyelids, base (dancing).
- Can interact with: Emototronic Furby.
- On/off Switch: Yes. (You can also order Furby to go to sleep)
- Limited colours to choose from.
- Larger than all other Furby models
- Can play game: Red Light Green Light.
- Has a limited selection of voice commands.
- Has LCD screens for eyes.
- Sensors: Tummy (tickling), tongue (for feeding), back (petting), tilt (senses movement), sound, tail, sides (for hugs).
- Movement: Ears, beak, eyelids, base (for dancing), waist (for movement).
- Vocabulary: Many more words than the original Furby, a lot of different phrases.
- Can interact with: Furby 2012, Furby Party Rocker.
- On/off Switch: No. It will fall asleep when left alone.
- A handful of different basic colours.
- Communication via high pitched sounds, just like cellphones use.
- Will change personalities as you play with it.
- There's a phone app for it.
If I got the 2005 furby, do you think I would be disappointed since the model I'd rather have is the 2012? Would the downgraded version be worth saving $50?
See above for the comparison. Yes, I think you would be disappointed in the 2005 Furby. It is very boring when compared to the other Furby models. It lacks in interactivity and spontaneity, you can only give it a few voice commands which it reacts to in the same two or three different ways every time.
All of the other models are more lively than 2005 Furby, which seems more like a lifeless robot than a virtual pet.