Furby Questions!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brittygotchi

Reaction score
So I've been looking at a lot of furby videos and such lately and I've decided I really want one! Unfortunately I'm on a budget and so if I decided to get a 2012 furby (the model I really want) it would take a long time to save up so I want to know a bit more about it before I decide if it's worth saving up for or not since I know where I can get a 1999 model for $10.

My first question is do you still like your 2012 furby, or have you gotten bored with it? If you have, how long did you have it before it got boring? Why does it seem boring to you?

What are the differences between the 2012 furby and 2012 furby baby/party rocker other than the obvious physical differences?

What are the differences between the 2012 furby and the 1999 furby?

If I got the 2005 furby, do you think I would be disappointed since the model I'd rather have is the 2012? Would the downgraded version be worth saving $50?

So far the things about the 2012 model that I like are the LED eyes, it has a lot more movement, and I think that they are cuter with all the bright colors. I used to have a few 2005 models but I can't remember them all that well, but I know that the 2012 seems a lot more lively than the 2005, which is the main reason I'd prefer the 2012 over the 1999.

Last edited by a moderator:
I still enjoy my 2012 Furbys after having them since September or so.

Party Rockers aren't very good. They don't move and their eyes only have two expressions as opposed to the tons of different expressions the regular Furbys have. Party rockers are basically glorified noisemakers.

2005 Furby is a dissapointment. It would be better to get an original Furby if you want to save money.

My first question is do you still like your 2012 furby, or have you gotten bored with it? If you have, how long did you have it before it got boring? Why does it seem boring to you?

I still enjoy my 2012 Furby, though I have only had it for a few weeks.

I think it compares with the original models quite well, which I also still enjoy playing with.

What are the differences between the 2012 furby and 2012 furby baby/party rocker other than the obvious physical differences?

The Party Rockers (they are not Furby Babies) aren't nearly as interactive as the Furbys. They act more as a pet/accessory to the Furby than anything else.

They can't be fed or change personalities, for example.

I don't own any and have never had them in hand, so I can't be more specific.

What are the differences between the 2012 furby and the 1999 furby?

1999 Furby (adult):

- Sensors: Tummy (tickle), tongue (for feeding), back (petting), tilt (senses movement), light, sound.
- Movement: Ears, beak, eyes/eyelids, base (for dancing).
- Vocabulary: Approx 200 words.
- Can interact with: Furby 1999, Furby Baby, Shelby, Furby Friends.
- On/off Switch: No, but later generations can be made deep-sleep with a specific action. It will fall asleep after a long period of being left alone or if it is in darkness.
- Many different colours and patterns to choose from.

- IR communication.

- Can play the games: Furby Says, Ask Furby, Hide and Seek.

Emototronic Furby (2005)
- Sensors: Tummy (tickling), tongue (for feeding), back (petting), tilt (senses movement), sound (voice command).
- Movement: Ears, beak, eyes/eyelids, base (dancing).
- Can interact with: Emototronic Furby.
- On/off Switch: Yes. (You can also order Furby to go to sleep)
- Limited colours to choose from.

- Larger than all other Furby models

- Can play game: Red Light Green Light.

- Has a limited selection of voice commands.

2012 Furby:

- Has LCD screens for eyes.

- Sensors: Tummy (tickling), tongue (for feeding), back (petting), tilt (senses movement), sound, tail, sides (for hugs).
- Movement: Ears, beak, eyelids, base (for dancing), waist (for movement).
- Vocabulary: Many more words than the original Furby, a lot of different phrases.
- Can interact with: Furby 2012, Furby Party Rocker.
- On/off Switch: No. It will fall asleep when left alone.
- A handful of different basic colours.

- Communication via high pitched sounds, just like cellphones use.

- Will change personalities as you play with it.

- There's a phone app for it.

If I got the 2005 furby, do you think I would be disappointed since the model I'd rather have is the 2012? Would the downgraded version be worth saving $50?

See above for the comparison. Yes, I think you would be disappointed in the 2005 Furby. It is very boring when compared to the other Furby models. It lacks in interactivity and spontaneity, you can only give it a few voice commands which it reacts to in the same two or three different ways every time.

All of the other models are more lively than 2005 Furby, which seems more like a lifeless robot than a virtual pet.

I really enjoy my furby. We have 3 2012 furby and 2 originals. (unfortunately unworking now) I have the app to use, adds more fun to the Furby. They seem to update it often enough to keep adding to the play. They can change personalities and those each change the play type. Where you could have a cutesy furby one moment and a diva the next based on play. More perks with the app. These furby have a motion censor, its a ball inside. Pick these guys up by the side or by the tip top of their head.

The party rockers... Look cute, but they don't do much but chat. They are really sensitive to movement. You could walk by it and they will turn on. My Loveby, she has a phrase that sets all furby in distance off, crazy insane over her. May-la ko may kaa... Etc. then when furby hears it, they all go head over heels for her. (not permanent) That is the best part of a party rocker. I guess the others have a phrase to do simmilar things. More so a buddy without batteries.

If you get a original furby, thats cool. I would recommend a new in box or ask the seller to check if it functions correctly. Mine had a beak problem over time. My other makes a weird grinding noise. The base, if you move it, they turn on quickly. Store them on the side or upside down so the base doesn't come down waking furby up.

Thanks for all the answers guys! I actually realized after the first 2 comments were left that I had the original and 2005 models confused and it was actually the original I was talking about. Still not sure if I'll get the original or the 2012 yet though.

Video searching could help see them in action. The prototype videos are the same. The app has a "sleep time" action now. If that interests you. They turn off fairly quickly though.

Yea I was watching a ton of videos and I really do want the 2012 version a lot more but I'm thinking I might just have to get a 1998/99 version because I simply can't afford the $60 vs the $10

Do you have a Wal Mart nearby? The last couple times I bought a 2012 Furby at Wal Mart they were only $44. But I'm not sure if they're still that price or not.

The Furby at my Walmart are $44 as well. The next question is color variations... Mine were all black for a while.

I would recommend looking for Furby on ebay, even if its just to look. I have started to see price drops on those. (atleast when I go looking)

Thanks for the tips guys! hopefully walmart's price actually dropped and it's not just a temporary sale because if it is it will probably be gone by the time I save up.

Nope. They have been at that price for a while now. Atleast my store has, maybe since Feb? Good luck getting one! Hopefully in a color you like too. My Target still has some of the brighter color ones, so if you have a Target maybe go there too. I think those prices are like $52 though.

Earlier, I saw some finds on Ebay. Likely scooped up already, but I would check on those bidding ones.

Yea I've been to two different targets within the last few weeks and neither of them have any furbies though one had some party rockers.

Hopefully walmart's price will stay the same, if it does then maye I'll be able to get one sooner? I've decided to hold onto the $10 I would have spent on an original to buy save for a 2012. I've been watching a lot of furby videos and the new ones seem to respond to conversaion better than the old ones did

How about the Furby Babies and the Shelbies? Have you looked at those as well? They all communicate with the original 1999 Furby. The 2005 only communicates with the 2005, but in a strange different way--you have to press two together against their tummies and they start conversing. They don't do much, true, but I love their voices the most, and the facial expressions they do are cute.

Also none of the older models can communicate with the 2012 ones. We have a lot of 2012 ones in our home, what's funny is to have them all in a large group and talk to each other, gets pretty noisy! Eventually they all turn into valley girls from the chatter, and let me tell you... 3 or more valley girl Furbies carrying on a conversation is hilarious! I also like the crazy personality, the beatboxing is funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back