V4 suddenly stopped connecting?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tamaninjacat

Reaction score
It's been awhile since I connected my V4 and V4.5. So today I decided I would. They had the "standby" screen and I clicked "connect" on my V4.5. My V4's screen had also changed to "connect". But they didn't "connect". They "failed". So I tried again. This time I clicked "connect" on my V4. It's screen said "connect", but my V4.5 still said "standby". Then it "failed". So I concluded that something just wasn't right with my V4. -_- . I found it at a yard sale so I don't expect it to stay around for long... but it has never done this before. It still works fine, but just dosen't "connect". Is there anyway to fix this? Please help!

Try changing the batteries. Or maybe you're accidentally pressing "Others" instead of V4?

Also take note that Tamagotchis can't connect easily in the sun/extreme heat or very cold. If you happen to be in one of these conditions, move to a more neutral area. :)

If that doesn't work, you'll definitely want to try changing the batteries.

There's a glitch with V4s and 4.5s where they can't connect if you forget to press reset when you turn it on/change the battery. Just press the reset button and then download your character and it should work fine. A V4 won't connect to another V4 or V4.5 if one of them has low battery power. They also don't connect very well in the sun or when they're cold.

Thank you everyone! It isn't to cold or to hot here. I put new batteries in. And I downloaded both characters. But it didn't work. -_- . Well actually... my V4 has the battery of my handheld Neopet in it. I ran it for like 3 days, and it gliched SUPER bad. Do you think it drained the life out of my battery? :huh: . I hope so. I will try to get more batteries soon.(P.S. I just tried again. My V4 is going "connect", "fail", "connect", "fail"...).

Some battery brands are of worse quality than others, and will be drained quickly when insterted into a tamagotchi. Try a battery of another brand, such as duracell, maxell or energizer maybe? ;)

Now I'm starting to think it's not the battery. I took the battery out of my V4 and put it into my V5. So when I started my V5 back up I decided to connect with my V6. They had no problems. I know that when the batteries are low when you try to connect your V5, it shows the download/reset screen. So is the V4 a little more sensitive to low batteries? (I will try to get more batteries today or Sunday).

Like any electronic device sometimes some of it's working parts just fail. It may be something that you'd have to crack open the device and do surgery to repair. Maybe even replace a part which may not be the easiest thing to do. It could also be some kind of programming thing gone screwy. But hopefully it's just a low battery.

Every time I had weird stuff like this, like other people said, it's typically the battery. You'll have to start out with a FRESH battery. I've had the same weirdness where the battery would work okay in a V5 but not in V4/4.5. The earlier models may draw slightly more current when trying to XMIT/RCV with the IR.

I won't name specific sellers on here (pretty sure it's against the rules?), but just look up Maxell CR2032 on ebay. Pay close attention to where it ships from. There's a few that pop up from China with free shipping and you'll end up waiting a long time. There's a few sellers from NY and CA that have free shipping and a 5-pack typically costs me no more than $2-$3. Same goes for LR44 batteries.

I got new batteries. Let's try... NOOOOOOOO*gasp*OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! -_- :p :( :angry: . It didn't work. Oh well. I'm not very ok with the idea of taking tama apart to find out what's wrong. So thank you for your help everyone! At least it still works. ^_^ .(Watch me have to make a topic called "My V4 Stopped Working").

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back