Tama-Go Screw Help

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tamatown123

Reaction score
Well, I tried screwing the screw out of my Tama-Go with my screwdriver. But it doesn't seem to be working. Is there any other way I can get the screw out?

Have you tried using tweezers? I never had that problem though I would imagine using some could help.

Hmm.. Maybe take it to a watch store or something of the sort. I haven't really heard of tama-gos getting stripped screws, but you can never be too sure.

Well, I probably have the wrong screw, but I don't know. I'll ask my parents to take it out. Thanks for the help! :)

The screw is probably stripped like the one on my Tama-Go. This just happens if you open the battery hatch with a screwdriver a lot.

A good trick is to find a fairly wide, flat rubber band and put that over the head of the screw. Then stick the screwdriver in and push pretty hard, then turn left. That's what my mom did to get the battery hatch off my Tama-Go. Although if I'd applied myself more, I probably could have opened it.

See Tips for Removing a Stripped Screw.

The rubber band seems to be the best for a Tamagotchi since a Tamagotchi can be pretty delicate.

Oh, one last thing. Did you strip the screw itself, or the head of the screw? Because I stripped the head and can't open it with a screwdriver anymore. The screwdriver just can't grip the inside of the screw because it's just too worn down, that plus sign in the middle is now pretty much a circle! (I think the reason that happened is because I used to use a really small screwdriver to open it, which wore down the head of the screw.)

Another solution that my mom just came up with is needle-nose pliers. They're these very precise, small-tipped pliers often used in jewelry making, and if you grasp either side of the screw with the pliers, then turn counterclockwise (left), it might come off that way.

Don't use that screw again. Check a hardware store to see if they have any screws that are the same size and shape as yours (with a Philips head, that's the plus sign+). You really don't want to end up buying the ones with a hexagonal head because you have to use a hex key/Allen wrench to open those.

Good luck! I'm currently working on getting the screw out of the battery hatch--I managed to get it out of my Tama-Go though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back