NIB mothra wont work HELP!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oddsandendswithlove

Reaction score
hey, i have a brand new mothra tamagotchi that i baught off ebay, when i got it and pulled the tab,it came on the sound is good but the screen is really messed up, it keeps fading in and out everytime i push a button and the pixels get distorted as well, but then if i leave it alone for a few seconds it goes back to normal until i press a button again...so i thought it was the batteries cause lets face it they are 15 years old...so i did and noticed the batteries had some corrosion so i cleaned it completely out..and there doesnt seem to be any noticable problems...but it still is doing this...has this happened to anyone else and DOES ANY ONE KNOW HOW I COULD FIX IT? please i spent $40 on it...and the seller isnt getting back to me so i know its going to be a battle to get my money back if even possible... :(

If the screen gets distorted when you push the buttons its quite possible you may need to retighten the 4 screws under the battery cover.

When I was 4 my old tamagotchi does that and my mom bought me a new battery. I guess you should try other brands of battery too. Maybe it'll work! :D

tryed both of those suggestions,and unfortunately it hasnt worked :( i opened a case with the seller...i hope it gets resolved thanks for the help guys <3

Try a quality brand of batteries, such as maxell, duracell or energizer maybe? This happened to me on my angelgotchi and it was the battery. I find it sad to think that a brand new mothra would be used for spare parts, I might be willing to buy it.

yes i have switched it out with max baterries in fact i payed an arm and a leg and baught 2 energizer ones, and still nothing,but i believe its the screen,not the corrossion of the batteries cause i know that the screen plate of the tama is supposed to be fuesed to the board and this one is not...so with that knowledge there is no way to fix it unless you are a engineering tech...if anything it can cause more damage lol,i would suggest not purchasing it,but i cant either way casue it has been sent out to PiIsARational now,i figured it should be used for something good instead of just sitting there lol..i have been able to purchase another thanks to PiIsARational so i am happy abo that. thank you so much for all the help to everyone,this is the very reason why i love this site so much,its filled with some of the most nicest ppl i have ever met <3

Oh, so you'll never get to have fun with you tamagotchi. :( But maybe you would find something better though. ;) Good luck!!

yes unfortunately but I have another coming now from a seller that I know I can trust, I have baught 21 other tamagotci's from him/her and they were perfect! lol so its good now <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back