Can religion change who you are?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HopeMcCarthyAuroraLovingtn

Reaction score
This sunday and i want this topic is remain in a state of peace ^_^

Ok for this topic, first of all i am sorry if this topic not suitable for you guys. i just want to know ur suggestion. please forgive me if there are words that are not acceptable in your heart ;)

And i am agnostic, i trust and pray on Jesus,because back at that time i was christian and i believe in Jesus. So yep .. but after long time, i feel .. umm. This is just my opinion. There is something wrong with i believe. so I am not going to church anymore -_- I just believe in Jesus and not follow any religion. The result is "this is just for me,please forgive me if there are words that are not acceptable in your heart" my life freer and more peaceful,I love people of all faiths,races,other. I appreciate the differences of religion and races.

and that's how i feel ,so for me religion is good. All of religion and believer other always teach kindness,so i Love you guys.now i am out of religion and i feel be better person :)

last thing i want leave a quote as usual

True religion is real living; Living with all one's soul,with all one's goodness and righteousness.

This is my simple religion.There is no need for temple;no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain,our own heart as our temple ;philosophy is kindness

Happy sunday,and have a nice day :D

blog+icon+happy+sunday.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting topic !

Well... How can I answer to that question "Can religion change who you are ?"

First : What does the word religion mean ? I'm too lazy to go to wikipedia or open a dictionnary to write a definition here ( xD yeah i'm like that)

And what religion ? There are so many...

And what exactly could make us change ? Praying ? Believing in something ? Going to church ? Ramadan ? Buddha ? Ragnarök ?

I personnaly think that life itself changes you, everyday. You learn , you see, you feel something new everyday, so it changes you a bit.

Sometimes, when your life is crap and you are sad and desperate, maybe religion can help you. And as a matter of fact change you, and let you be a happier person.

On the other hand, too much religion kills religion (lol) . I mean, I went to a private catholic school and highschool. My parents were true believers, and they tried to make me love religion, pray god and everything. I ended up being fed up of this, as I never really believed in god. Maybe that's why i'm atheist. So in a way, religion changed me or more precisely, religion changed my point of view on religion.

Well, these are two exemples, but still, I didn't answer to the question right ? ;)

Interesting topic !

Well... How can I answer to that question "Can religion change who you are ?"

First : What does the word religion mean ? I'm too lazy to go to wikipedia or open a dictionnary to write a definition here ( xD yeah i'm like that)

And what religion ? There are so many...

And what exactly could make us change ? Praying ? Believing in something ? Going to church ? Ramadan ? Buddha ? Ragnarök ?

I personnaly think that life itself changes you, everyday. You learn , you see, you feel something new everyday, so it changes you a bit.

Sometimes, when your life is crap and you are sad and desperate, maybe religion can help you. And as a matter of fact change you, and let you be a happier person.

On the other hand, too much religion kills religion (lol) . I mean, I went to a private catholic school and highschool. My parents were true believers, and they tried to make me love religion, pray god and everything. I ended up being fed up of this, as I never really believed in god. Maybe that's why i'm atheist. So in a way, religion changed me or more precisely, religion changed my point of view on religion.

Well, these are two exemples, but still, I didn't answer to the question right ? ;)
You answer the whole question. You are the good person. iam reading of your whole comment and thank you so much for your response ;)

this ur answer

"On the other hand, too much religion kills religion (lol) . I mean, I went to a private catholic school and highschool. My parents were true believers, and they tried to make me love religion, pray god and everything. I ended up being fed up of this, as I never really believed in god. Maybe that's why i'm atheist. So in a way, religion changed me or more precisely, religion changed my point of view on religion."

that's true. i am agnostic,so i trust in god,but i am not following any relegion,the reason. back when i was christian. I feel there is something wrong. we can't do something we like,we have to make God number 1,that's ok.. but example : i love play guitar , i am a musician and one day very fanatical clergy came to me and say..( iam in chirstian community in my house everyday for long long time,yes i am a fanatic back at that time,I attended church services whole day and week at that time)You have to prioritize god than playing guitar. and many other thing that i don't like. and i can't listen music like ACDC ,Lady Gaga,Marilyn manson. even normal pop song like nicky minaj,justin bieber,snsd (all the Kpop),akon,usher,all of them. they said " you shouldn't listen to that music,because when you in heaven,you just listen to church song. Whatt?? :eek: ...I can't tell all of them but they are so many many many reason why i quit religion. i am talking about all religion. I am never want to follow any religion until i die. i trust in god but for religion.sorry i must to say. BIG NO ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back