My V4 appears to have stopped working...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Igiko

Reaction score
I heard it call for me to do the bonding activity thing with it, but the last note of the call seemed to sound dragged out when it happened. I got my mum to pass it to me and she looked at it funny before just handing it to me and leaving, and it was on the clock screen, I thought she had put it on there, but then I saw it was set to midnight on 1/1, and I couldn't back out; it had reset itself I think ;w; Anyway I was annoyed at that knowing that I couldn't get my tama family back, but I tried setting the clock and date and birthday and such, and then it said "Wait" and then just went straight back to making me set the clock again... It's stuck in that endless loop... What do I do? I tried pressing the reset button for real, and it just did the same thing... Should I take the battery out and put it in again? Should I try a new battery? Is it broken?

I'm sorry but you will have to reset you can't get your family back my v5 does this all the time

I tried resetting but it just won't get past the clock screen, it's still stuck in the loop... :S I don't mind losing the family so much. And I actually meant V5, I'm not sure why I wrote V4 in the title... ><

Try putting in a new battery. If that doesnt work, then open up the tama an d gently blow in the circuit board and clean the buttons (if you want. DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!) . My V4 was broken, and I did that and it fixed it. My V5 did this once, but I cant really remember how I fixed it >.< Wipe the circuit board off with a soft cloth adn make sure it doesnt get caught on anything. If this doesnt fix it, make sure there is NOTHING on the circuit board (strings, scrapes, etc.) If this doesnt fix it, I dont know what will :(

I'm afraid I'm a bit too scared to do anything concerning the circuit board... I don't really want to risk harming it any more than I already have... I'm going to try giving it a new battery when all of my other tamas have had children and moved on (I like them all to be the same age at the same time), but I have just out of interest tried taking the current battery out and putting it back in again - it didn't work, still in the endless loop of clock and 'WAIT'... I have a feeling I can't save it. >< Well, thank you everybody for your advice. ^^ Maybe I'll try and get myself some more tamas to cheer myself up over this loss. XD

What i did was my grandad ( who can take anything apart and put it back together without it breaking) took my v5 apart cleaned the inside out with a tissue and put back together tried several different battery's then pressed the reset button about 30 times then changed the battery again pressed the reset button a couple more times and it was fixed but it didn't last long it is in that loop right now I won't even touch it but still beeeeep WAIT beeeeeeeeep WAIT beeeeeeeeeep WAIT 1/1 12:00 set BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP battery ran out and it goes in that cycle

Sorry i haven't punctuated this ;0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back