What do you want to be when you grow up?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

violetvioletchi

Reaction score
(I tried searching for an existing topic to post in but couldn't find it, so sorry if this is a repeat).

I am still kind of undecided on what I want to be. I want to work in a setting where I can help people but also have a steady job. I'm also interested in law/society.

How about you?

when i grow and have a good bit of money (and i will have a good bit of money) i want to travel the world helping ppl get things like clothes and food and water. i really doo!!!!

I want to be a writer but maybe a marine biologist if I don't make enough money writing. I always do really well in creative writing and biology at school now so it's possible.

I wanna do law :D If that doesn't happen, maybe a pilot and join the army!

When I grow up, I want to be : a mangaka ( manga artist ), an artist, a patissier and a mangaka assistant ( I can't decide one, Lol ). I also want to live in Japan

I wanted to be a dermatologist.

Now I want to be a psychologist, or a writer, or a psycho-psychiatrist (I think I made that one up.).

I love all of your responses!! <3

Amat Gotchi: I'm studying psychology right now and I'd be happy to answer any questions about studying it that you might have <3 PM me if you want. :) Also psychiatrist is similar to psychologist but it requires med school and it gives you the ability to prescribe medications. Typically psychiatry works more with chemical disorders vs. like the counseling approach, and they typically advocate medication over therapy.

I don't see it actually happening, but I'd love to be a programmer for a living. Just seems like a fun job to me. :)

I love all of your responses!! <3

Amat Gotchi: I'm studying psychology right now and I'd be happy to answer any questions about studying it that you might have <3 PM me if you want. :) Also psychiatrist is similar to psychologist but it requires med school and it gives you the ability to prescribe medications. Typically psychiatry works more with chemical disorders vs. like the counseling approach, and they typically advocate medication over therapy.
Thanks! :)

Yeah, that's why I want to be a psycho-psychiatrist. (I made that up as a combo of psychologist and psychiatrist.) So I can do both medication and therapy. But I'm not sure if that actually exists.

Although I'm kind of against medication in some situations because of all the side effects that can happen (not all situations really require medication, though plenty do require it), so I'd rather be a psychologist than a psychiatrist if I had to choose one over the other. Talking things over really can have huge effects on people.

Thanks! :)

Yeah, that's why I want to be a psycho-psychiatrist. (I made that up as a combo of psychologist and psychiatrist.) So I can do both medication and therapy. But I'm not sure if that actually exists.

Although I'm kind of against medication in some situations because of all the side effects that can happen (not all situations really require medication, though plenty do require it), so I'd rather be a psychologist than a psychiatrist if I had to choose one over the other. Talking things over really can have huge effects on people.
Ahh, I see. I think there are some places where as a Clinical Psychologist (PsyD degree, I think...) you can prescribe medication or you can send them to somebody who can, so you still have that option as a psychologist. I agree, there are times when it's truly a chemical imbalance in the brain and medication can absolutely help, just like with any other disease, but other cases where the issue has to do with other factors and in that case medication can actually do harm, because it can create a dependency (by changing neurotransmittor levels where they didn't need to be changed). In psychology there's some controversy on when it is okay to give medication and others when it's not. One of the examples in one of my classes was for ADD/ADHD medication. They say that it's being prescribed more but not necessarily because more people have the disorders, but possibly due to other factors such as increased class sizes, and kids with high energy and the teachers, being overwhelmed, suggest to the parents to have them checked for the disorder so the kids will just "be quiet and sit still." There are lots of types of psychology and counseling definitely seems to be an interesting one.

Also:

Flare: programming is cool! Very employable! I have friends that are studying Computer Science

Purple Pyonkitchi: YESSS!!! Also, pyonkitchi was the first character I got on my first real tamagotchi!! <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back