idl or p's ?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

karvi

Reaction score
Which one is easier to understand, the Japanese idl or the p's..... for Americans?

I've never owned an id l, but I do have a p's and I love it! I don't speak Japanese either and this was my first Japanese tama. It wasn't even that hard to figure out. Based on others' opinions, I would say go for the p's, It has a lot more features than the id l does. :) Good luck!

If I recall correctly you were the one having issues with the iD L being in Japanese... if you're going for the P's, then expect to have the same problems... even more.

so for the P's, are there any quote bubbles? ie tamas conversing with one another? how do you comprehend that?

I've never owned an id l, but I do have a p's and I love it! I don't speak Japanese either and this was my first Japanese tama. It wasn't even that hard to figure out. Based on others' opinions, I would say go for the p's, It has a lot more features than the id l does. :) Good luck!

yeah ichiro.malfoy I was just trying to see which one is more easier to understand. But finding out that the both of them are same. Then I'm defeated. I am just anticipating if theres gonna be a colored English tama after the p's. If not, then im gonna cry.

If I recall correctly you were the one having issues with the iD L being in Japanese... if you're going for the P's, then expect to have the same problems... even more.

ichiro malfoy, on your profile, it says that your fav tama is the p's. But you also have an idl. So you enjoy p's more than idl?

Well, if you don't know Japanese then there's no way I can tell whether it is easy to understand or not... :huh: one thing's for sure - they're "both" in Japanese and in the end, I will just repeat what I've mentioned earlier:

..if you're going for the P's, then expect to have the same problems... even more.
I have both, and I can say I enjoyed the P's more - but I have an unfair advantage because I have studied Japanese and have undergone formal training before.

Last edited by a moderator:
ichiro.malfoy does the p's have quote bubbles? ie tamas conversing with one another? that's the only thing that got me.

Well, if you don't know Japanese then there's no way I can tell whether it is easy to understand or not... :huh: one thing's for sure - they're "both" in Japanese and in the end, I will just repeat what I've mentioned earlier:

I have both, and I can say I enjoyed the P's more - but I have an unfair advantage because I have studied Japanese and have undergone formal training before.

oooooooooooohh cries. why no colored english tamas? i shoulda thought sooner and got english idl. now its hundredths of dollars on ebay. screw my life.

It really doesn't matter. The color tamagotchi's have so many awesome features, you don't need to understand every little meaningless conversation between the characters to enjoy it. You might as well just guess what they are saying, really.

Leaving what they are saying up to my imagination is a bad idea. I have a twisted imagination. Seriously though, I wouldn't really mind not understanding the conversations as long as the basics of caring for the Tama are simple enough to figure out. And from all I have heard they are.

If being able to read it is a big deal you can always google it... Or ask someone here on tama talk, I know there are some amazing logs also that have translations so in my opinion the language barrier isn't all that bad at all...

The P's is easy to care for without knowing how to read Japanese. It just takes a bit to get used to it. While I'm sure not being able to read Japanese limits your understanding of what characters are saying it isn't required to care for the Tama. The basics of buying from shops, visiting the park and caring for the Tama became second nature to me after less than 24 hours with my P's. It isn't hard to understand the basics at all and well worth the effort to take the time to learn them. The P's are amazing Tamas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back