Question regarding lights and battery life

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leraios

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'm not entirely sure if this is the correct section, so my apologies if it isn't. :)

To begin with, I own a Connection V2, a V3, and a V5 (and my sister has another V3).

I recently found them all in a drawer (??), back inside their boxes and with the white bits of paper that disconnect the battery inside them. It had been quite a few years since I last saw any signs of life from their batteries, so I bought some new ones and replaced.

The point is, I don't remember how long did any of those batteries last and I'm worried it might not be long, so, regarding the V2 and V3, I've been thinking about leaving the lights on during my Tamas' sleep (and switch to the clock on the V5). But I know that counts as bad care, and I don't want that either, so... If you turn the lights off at the beggining of bedtime, and turn them back on now that the attention icon has turned off, would that count as bad care too? If not, would it save more battery than displaying the clock?

Thanks for your answers ;)

While I'm not entirely sure whether if turning the lights back on after the attention icon disappears affects growth or not, I do know of something else you can try.

I tend to enter the clock screen when my Tamas are sleeping. It would save more batteries because less pixels are being lit. Therefore, it wouldn't use as much battery power and thus preserve your battery life.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty sure that if you turn off the lights and then turn them back on again, it does not count as bad care. [i think I heard this multiple times around TamaTalk.]

But if you bought good new batteries (I'd recommend Energizer or Duracell or something like that), it really shouldn't affect the battery life that much if you leave the Tamagotchi with the lights off. The battery life for my Tamagotchis is usually at least 3 months. The older Tamagotchis have a shorter battery life than the newer Tamagotchis do, so I've been able to have the same batteries in my Music Star for almost a year without changing them!

But if you want to be cautious and conserve as much battery as you can, I doubt it would hurt for the Tamagotchis to sleep with the lights on or on the clock display, as long as you turn the lights off initially, then turn them back on.

Unlike the color models (and TMGO), which on average lasts somewhere around 30 days, the older versions weren't like this. A brand new battery can last anywhere from 3-6 months. Now this factors in the assumption that you do not connect with another Tamagotchi a lot, as that does seem to drain the battery much faster. As for initially turning the lights off and then turning them back on again as soon as the attention icon vanishes, I too can vouch for this as I have done this before and ended up with good-care adults regardless.

Ra,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back