Which tama is this!?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pikkupenguin

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new here at TamaTalk. I recently found an old pet of mine that I played with in the late 90s. I'm not even sure if it's a tama, or if it works, but if anyone knows what it is please let me know. I would love to buy it again if at all possible, or find out what kind of batteries it takes so I can find out if this one still works. It has a light pink see-through shell and it used to have a rubber head on the right side, but it broke off long ago. I can't remember the type of animal unfortunately. Here's a picture!

tama.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Its a fake Tamagotchi. The real ones have swirly and checkered backgrounds

Yeah, I guessed it probably wasn't a real tama. But I loved it when I was a kid - do you by chance know where it came from?

Looks like a really bad fake. Im surprised that it works at all.

The pink at the bottom looks melted.

Any matter, I would guess a dino pet. If it was a 90's pet, most common battery for small electronics like this were LR44 batteries. (if it happened to say like A76 or 352, the LR44 should work fine)

Looks like a really bad fake. Im surprised that it works at all.
I haven't tried playing it since I was a kid, but yes it did work very well actually. It's what my parents got for me and I loved it. It's already been established that it's a "fake", so your comment is useless.

The pink at the bottom looks melted.

Any matter, I would guess a dino pet. If it was a 90's pet, most common battery for small electronics like this were LR44 batteries. (if it happened to say like A76 or 352, the LR44 should work fine)
It's not melted, just really old and ratty looking - that is one thing I didn't like about it, is the rubber on the bottom. Anyway, you've been the most helpful so far, so thank you very much!

Rubber? Now that is different. Slime type of depiction? If something hits me I will come back. For some reason a ticket prize type of thing comes to mind though...

I say melted only because I had a pink watch that color sorta melt that looked very simmilar. It turned an orange color and anything touching whatever made it melt took on the same color. (the orange/pinkish color)

Last edited by a moderator:
The rubber has definitely turned a yellowish colour, not sure how that happened. This pet has just been kept in an old drawer until I found it recently. The rubber looks to have some black spots on it, though, and it did used to have a rubber head on the side. For some reason I'm thinking it was a dog, but that wouldn't really make sense if it's a dino pet. It's clearly just a cheap knock off, but I'm still curious as to what it could be. I'll have to get some batteries and see if I can get it to work, though it's probably too damaged. :(

I got my pet to work! The buttons are a bit stiff, but it works just fine otherwise, to my surprise. I still have no idea what he is, he looks like a little pumpkin at the moment. The icons seem quite similar to the Tamagotchi's, but the animations are very basic. I uploaded a short video on Youtube so you all can get a better idea of what it's like. I filmed it vertically - sorry about that! https://youtu.be/0fVSlXPRFYo

I think this is meant to resemble a tamagotchi, but not to be a fake. Hundreds of small companies created similar stuff that retailed for dirt cheap prices.

Judging from your video, it's very poorly made and is definitely far from a tamagotchi. Still doesn't mean you can't have fun with it!

I got my pet to work! The buttons are a bit stiff, but it works just fine otherwise, to my surprise. I still have no idea what he is, he looks like a little pumpkin at the moment. The icons seem quite similar to the Tamagotchi's, but the animations are very basic. I uploaded a short video on Youtube so you all can get a better idea of what it's like. I filmed it vertically - sorry about that! https://youtu.be/0fVSlXPRFYo
My sister actually had one of those! This might sound a bit off, but it is actually a dog virtual pet. The rubber head that belonged to the side should've been a dog!

I believe it starts off as a little blob (as seen in your video), and then it begins to grow a tail. I don't remember what it grows into next.

Unfortunately, I don't recall the exact name of it, and I can't find any pictures of it. But I'll post in this topic as soon as I find it!

My sister actually had one of those! This might sound a bit off, but it is actually a dog virtual pet. The rubber head that belonged to the side should've been a dog!

I believe it starts off as a little blob (as seen in your video), and then it begins to grow a tail. I don't remember what it grows into next.

Unfortunately, I don't recall the exact name of it, and I can't find any pictures of it. But I'll post in this topic as soon as I find it!
It is indeed a dog! I was a bit surprised when it evolved into one considering how it looked as a baby. And now that you mention the rubber head being a dog, I do remember that! I hope you can somehow find out what it is, I would love to know. :p

It is very poorly made, but I do love it nonetheless, mostly because I loved playing with it when I was a kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back