Should I stop loving Tamagotchi ?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Margareth19

Reaction score
I feel like an alien in my school because there's no one likes tamagotchi. Some of my friends start to say me " Childish " and " Weird ". One of my best friend that I must to stop loving Tamagotchi and must follow trends in my school. Because of my face just like " children ", not all clothes or accessories fit to me. So, should I stop loving Tamagotchi ?

That's just silly. Like what you like. I know it's hard to be different than the others and to have different interests, but you shouldn't give up things you like just because others tell it's not cool and you have to follow trends. It's perfectly fine to like tamagotchi's. But if you are bothered by them it would be probably better not to bring them to school anymore? Since electronic devices aren't allowed at most schools, afaik. But, just be yourself and try to stay confident, even if it's difficult.

That's just silly. Like what you like. I know it's hard to be different than the others and to have different interests, but you shouldn't give up things you like just because others tell it's not cool and you have to follow trends. It's perfectly fine to like tamagotchi's. But if you are bothered by them it would be probably better not to bring them to school anymore? Since electronic devices aren't allowed at most schools, afaik. But, just be yourself and try to stay confident, even if it's difficult.
It's a great idea to not tamagotchi to school. Actually, we are allowed to bring electronic devices like iPhone, laptop, NDS or PSP to school, but we of course aren't allowed to play during the lesson

People in school can be mean. Do what you like to do but if it bothers you, just pause your tamas during the day and don't bring them to school. You could also not use them in front of people. Like go to the bathroom to take care of them.

hunni the most important thing is that you are happy when playing with tamagotchi's ,not everyone needs to agree with the what you like and you don't need to agree with everything that they like.just enjoy your collection and hobbie and don't pay any attenction to the words that they say because theres always going to be someone that disagrees with you at some point,but that doesn't mean to walk away from what you enjoy <3

It's pretty much unfair considering you don't criticize them for liking their own stuff. :(

If they think it's childish and all, if you really like Tamagotchis then however true that statement is, you shouldn't let them get to you.

I'm pretty sure each and everyone is unique and we all have our own quirks.

In the end, it will still be up to you - you can either continue on with your hobby or simply "go with the flow".

But there's a catch - if your so-called "friend" thinks you are being weird and all... think again. Friends are people who accept each other for what they are, regardless of the good and bad stuff. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Never stop doing what you love. People will change and leave and by the end of the day, how YOU feel about YOURSELF is the only thing that matters - and real friends will never try to change you. Real friends accept you just as you are. Besides, the only reason these people are saying these things to you is because they are insecure about themselves. Eventually, as you get older, people will stop making fun of you about what you like and start admiring it instead. Because once people grow up and figure out who they are, they eventually realize that putting others down to make themselves feel better just doesn't work. I've seen it happen. I used to get made fun of for liking Tamas, and now people get excited when they see me playing with one. You will get absolutely nowhere but miserable if you stop liking Tamagotchi for these people. I guarantee it 110%. You will regret it.

Please read my signature and take heed.

By not letting them change you, you'll be showing that you are the stronger person and you'll end up all the more mature (and happy) in the end because of it.
I promise. You know how I know? I know because I've been there.

Be yourself even when it's hard and I promise you'll be okay. (You can hold me to that promise, okay?)
:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so sorry that your friends have told you to be something other than yourself. Please don't feel like an alien. Because you are most certainly not!

You have all of us! We're your friends too - friends that will support you with whatever you like.

Having said that, you are fine just the way you are. Your friends shouldn't define you!

I'm sure you'll reach the right decision for yourself. If need be, you can keep your Tamagotchis safe and sound at home. :) Or, your friends may appreciate how unique you are. Maybe you'll meet some new friends too!

Just keep an open mind! We're always here. :D

Leaving your Tamagotchis at home is just admitting defeat to their bullying. Be you, like what you genuinely like, and be proud of it. I know this is easier said than done, but I truly believe that you can do it.

You can always message me if you've had a rough day and I'll be happy to offer encouragement and share stories of the days when I was going through the exact same thing that you are now. I know how it feels! Don't hesitate to come to me if you need a friend!

I agree with everything that's been posted in response already <3

I also wanted to add that when something similar happened to me (not about tamagotchi specifically) I did everything I could to try and "fit in" it was one of the hardest parts of my life because I didn't feel like i was being true to myself, and some of the jerks STILL weren't nice to me! So do what you love and forget everyone else <3

Reactions: Owl
Any friend that would tell you what you should and shouldn't like is not a friend. They are a leech. Friends accept you for who you are. Leeches attach themselves to you and suck out your vital juices and when they've gained all they want from you they detach and leave you for the next sucker they can feed off of. If a friend tries to dictate to you who you should be or what you should like you should automatically consider their opinion invalid.

Exactly what everyone else says. Im going into highschool and im a guy and I still use tamagotchis but all my close friends don't really care. They're really nice about it too. But i do suggest not bringing it into school because you might lose it or it might get taken away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back