Why ebay Not amazon?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

karvi

Reaction score
how come they only sell English idl's on ebay.......and none on amazon?...except for the Japanese ones.

I'm not sure if you are familiar with the fee process of Amazon, but it is significantly larger when compared to Ebay. Also, many English ID-L sellers are NOT from the US so they either: have a different Amazon site or do not have an Amazon in their country. You are strictly forced to sell to the Amazon for your country even if you can offer international shipping. So, on top of the fees and the difficulty appealing to a larger/international audience, most stick to Ebay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Typically, Tamagotchis on Amazon cost a lot more than ones on E-bay. Not sure why, either. :huh:

@Kait : in my opinion, tamagotchis on Ebay cost more than Amazon

Ooh, interesting. Good chance we are looking at different ones, but perhaps I shall check there more often, then! :)

@Kait : in my opinion, tamagotchis on Ebay cost more than Amazon
I disagree. I can easily find retail or cheaper tamagotchis on Ebay where as on Amazon it is a 100%-200% mark up for used/second hand tamas. Even the newer releases are much more reasonably priced on Ebay. This might have to do with your location but for me, it's cheaper to shop on Ebay than Amazon for tamas.

For those of you who have ebay accounts, do you have to apply for Paypal? Cause I only have Amazon, no Paypal, just debit. So is that Amazon an advantage over ebay.. for some people?

I disagree. I can easily find retail or cheaper tamagotchis on Ebay where as on Amazon it is a 100%-200% mark up for used/second hand tamas. Even the newer releases are much more reasonably priced on Ebay. This might have to do with your location but for me, it's cheaper to shop on Ebay than Amazon for tamas.
My fault, I always check the prices in Amazon and I sheldom check the prices in Ebay

Last edited by a moderator:
For those of you who have ebay accounts, do you have to apply for Paypal? Cause I only have Amazon, no Paypal, just debit. So is that Amazon an advantage over ebay.. for some people?
Not necessarily. You can use Paypal as a liason to pay for things with a debit/credit card, no account is required but I do recommend it.

It really depends. Sometimes the prices of items are different on each. A lot of times I see ID L's going for about 50-60$ on ebay when you can get one from amazon for $37. But sometimes something on amazon is being priced for like 50$ and the same thing is being sold on ebay for 20$. The good part about amazon is that it is easier to trust the sellers and items because sometimes they come from companies and not individual sellers. It really depends though for both!

It really depends. Sometimes the prices of items are different on each. A lot of times I see ID L's going for about 50-60$ on ebay when you can get one from amazon for $37. But sometimes something on amazon is being priced for like 50$ and the same thing is being sold on ebay for 20$. The good part about amazon is that it is easier to trust the sellers and items because sometimes they come from companies and not individual sellers. It really depends though for both!
Nope, you can actually buy things from individual sellers on Amazon. Have you looked into the other listed items and noticed many don't have the same seller name? Many of these have a "company" name but can in fact be a single person selling merchandise. I can go on there and set up an account to privately sell without being connected to Amazon or any other company. It also carries a risk because if it's not fulfilled by Amazon, you have to handle the matter entirely by yourself even if something goes wrong.

How do I know this? I ordered an old game from an Amazon dealer that came to me not in the description described and Amazon pretty much said: "Well, it's not our fault. We didn't fulfill the order so you need to deal with the seller yourself." I got a replacement game but it was a total pain trying to deal with an uncooperative seller, a company with a laissez faire attitude, and just trying to deal with it while I had a busy life going on. (And yes, the seller I bought from had outstanding feedback and a long history as a seller that was positive.) I still buy from Amazon but only if it's fulfilled by Amazon.

TL;DR: Amazon still carries a risk just in a slightly different way than Ebay but can lead to frustration if things go wrong.

Nope, you can actually buy things from individual sellers on Amazon. Have you looked into the other listed items and noticed many don't have the same seller name? Many of these have a "company" name but can in fact be a single person selling merchandise. I can go on there and set up an account to privately sell without being connected to Amazon or any other company. It also carries a risk because if it's not fulfilled by Amazon, you have to handle the matter entirely by yourself even if something goes wrong.

How do I know this? I ordered an old game from an Amazon dealer that came to me not in the description described and Amazon pretty much said: "Well, it's not our fault. We didn't fulfill the order so you need to deal with the seller yourself." I got a replacement game but it was a total pain trying to deal with an uncooperative seller, a company with a laissez faire attitude, and just trying to deal with it while I had a busy life going on. (And yes, the seller I bought from had outstanding feedback and a long history as a seller that was positive.) I still buy from Amazon but only if it's fulfilled by Amazon.

TL;DR: Amazon still carries a risk just in a slightly different way than Ebay but can lead to frustration if things go wrong.

Please read my posts carefully! :p

You think prices on Tamagotchis are bad at Amazon? You should see the prices some people want for old Giga Pets. I've seen people trying to sell those things from anywhere to $60 to $100. No Giga Pet is worth that much. A lot of em' aren't even worth the $10 -$15 original retail price.

You think prices on Tamagotchis are bad at Amazon? You should see the prices some people want for old Giga Pets. I've seen people trying to sell those things from anywhere to $60 to $100. No Giga Pet is worth that much. A lot of em' aren't even worth the $10 -$15 original retail price.
Yep, it's pretty awful. It's not even like they are just trying to cover the fees and make a little profit, They are literally covering the fees and making a profit 2-3x over from what the pets retailed for. I know, it's an old pet that might be rare especially mint/in package but it's quite insane the amount of markup are on these pets.

I've seen some pretty outrageous prices on Gigas and Nanos. Nanos are also overpriced on Ebay too so it's not unique to Amazon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back