Lines on screen seconds after download

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Layolalotus

Reaction score
Just got a new tamagotchi and seconds after I try downloading a character the screen goes blank apart from two lines going horizontally across the screen and then they fade and it dies with the battery still in. Managed to get another tama working with the same battery so I'm guessing its the toy. Going to get new batteries ASAP to make sure but does it sound like something I can fix?

Yes, you should buy new batteries. But to make sure, try rubbing the battery compartment with an achohal-tipped Q-tip. (lol) If that doesn't work, did you try resetting and downloading again?

The battery could be put in wrong. Or the tama could be a fake. Where did you buy it from? Like jzwolf said, a picture would be helpful.

Same thing has happened on my V3 once, and on my V4. They seemed to work all right when I tried putting the battery back in a few times. Once you see those 2 lines, you may want to poke the "reset" button and select "download" again.

Another idea is to use a Q-tip and a little alcohol and clean the battery contacts a little bit, as Kero mentioned. Then make sure it completely dries before putting in another battery. It may help since the double lines and shutdown are likely due a battery contact problem.

Good luck! I hope your Tamagotchi is all right! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
It happened to me because the batteries weren't in properly. If that's not the case, try to get brand new ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back