My poor cat!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal Mametchi Fan

Reaction score
My cat Franco went missing for one day and when he came back, he was in a horrible state! There are huge teeth marks in his foot and his leg is badly broken. It's hard for him to sit and walk! Poor kitty! I think he was bitten by a dog.

Anyhow, the swelling has gone down but his leg is still twisted. When he lays on his side, the bottom of his paw faces right up. Gross! Mama's bandaging his leg... should we take him to the vet? It costed $500 to fix a tummy ache in our other cat... I don't want to think how much it should cost for a broken bone!

I hope he'll be okay...

Wrap his leg. Heat or ice might help. If you can " cuddle" with your cat so he keeps pressure off his lower back/feet/leg... Do it. Keep him on watch and make sure he doesn't try to lay as a "phynix" or ball. Less pressure, the better.

You will probably need to take him to the vet to deal with the broken leg and get him rabies shots, and possibly antibiotics for the dog bite. I know, many vets are expensive, but there are also some much cheaper ones who do a great job as well.

Here, the cheapest vets are called "large animal vets." They do a lot of work with large livestock, so they have to keep their services cheap, but they'll also do fantastic work with small animals (like cats and dogs) for a low price.

My cat had an abscess (we're not sure if it was from a bite or a scratch) and we took her to a vet to get it cleaned out, and that amounted to over $250. Then we took her to a large animal vet to finish treatment and get all her shots, and it cost much less than $100. She's doing just fine now.

Edit: It's best to get treatment sooner rather than later. If Franco gets any worse, take him to the vet immediately. (We took our cat to the expensive vet for her abscess and the vet just examined it, then told us to wait a week and come back. When we got back to that vet it was even worse and getting the abscess fixed was a huge deal.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry to hear that! I don't know of there's any in Australia, but where I am we have shelters that will take in injured animals and take care of them for free. So, you could always look for one of those.

Franco's doing fine now, but... his leg is still crooked. The bone has already mended, so he'll have a crippled leg forever. =_= He can still run and jump though. ^.^

I am so so sorry! I wish I would've came over to where the dog was and tell it to pick on someone its own size. The dog shouldn't have hurt your little cat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back