why in indonesia?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

karvi

Reaction score
I am a little confused about the background story. Why are the English Idl's sold mainly in Indonesia, or somewhere in south Asia, not Japan? And plus it's mainly for people in Hong Kong cause they don't speak Japanese.

And just so you know, I am Asian, you can tell just by looking at my name.

Well, it's not exclusive to the IDLs, previous versions of tamagotchis that came from Hong Kong or Indonesia had Japanese shells but English guts. You pretty much answered your own question though, there isn't much demand for English IDLs in Japan whereas in other countries (like Indonesia or whatnot) there is more demand. Also, why pay more for an English tama which isn't your native language when you can get one that IS but for much cheaper.

so are the english idl's made in japan or indonesia? that's what i'm trying to figure out. japanese tamagotchi. indonesian tamagotchi. ?????

They are made for the Asian market and are manufactured in China by Bandai Asia, not Japan. It just happened that these countries have received a large amount of them.

They are expensive because sellers have taken advantage of the demand - and people are still willing to buy anyway. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
They are made for the Asian market and are manufactured in China by Bandai Asia, not Japan. It just happened that these countries have received a large amount of them.

They are expensive because sellers have taken advantage of the demand - and people are still willing to buy anyway. :p
i find it rather strange that all of a sudden an English idl that came out of now where. So is it indonesia? or what other south asian country sells it?

Basically Southeast Asian countries.

This has actually been discussed in-depth a while back. It is highly recommended that you use the search function first before starting a new topic; otherwise I would suggest you completely and thoroughly peruse this topic for more information.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back