Small Boxes (Introduction)

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrwillythefox

Reaction score
This is merely the introduction to my first professionally written fanfic. I will post parts 1 and 2 if this gets enough attention and/or good feedback. Otherwise... I'll just leave this here, then. :rolleyes:

-----

Small Boxes
Introduction
The year was 1999. December 31st, at 23:00 hours. It was a clear, beautiful, yet chilly night in Okinawa, Japan. A yellow-haired girl ran fast down a small dirt road, trying desperately to keep away from... It. She took a single glance back, foolishly, and found herself tripping, her left ankle breaking from being caught in a divot in the road. The girl released a blood-curdling cry as her anklebone broke through her skin, shooting sharp pains throughout her entire body. Her pain was short-lived, however, for when It reached her, It grabbed her and ripped her neck open with teeth larger than her own fingers and sharper than steel blades. It grinned, the now dead girl in hand, and blood dripping from its grinning maw.

Suddenly, there was a rustle in the bushes. It, with a speed faster than wind, dropped the corpse, and uprooted the bushes, only to find a boy of the same age as the girl, with hair just as yellow. He was crying heavily, his right ankle bruised and his neck cut up slightly. It took no pity on the boy. It grabbed the boy in its right hand, and with its other massive clawed hand, ripped the boys heart out. A moment of sheer pain was what the boy felt, and then, his eyes faded into emptiness. The beast grabbed the two children and ran down the road, back from whence it came.

On the ground, a small electronic device lay, beeping. It was shaped like a flat, blue egg, with a rectangular screen and three yellow buttons. On the screen, there was a creature, crying, desperately trying to get her friend's attention. Little did she know, he was gone. She kept crying, and crying, and crying, until she decided to stop crying. The little creature began to punch the virtual walls. At first, it was to no avail. Then, something happened. A star in the sky began to glow, and without warning, struck the small device with a beam of light. The screen cracked, and the egg-like device shattered. All was silent, for a few moments, on the little island of Okinawa. Then, the silence broke, as the small creature climbed out of her formal, now destroyed, home. "I... I must find my friend!" cried the creature. She began to run down the road, determined to find her friend. She was determined to save him... yet how can someone so small complete such a large quest?

---End of Introduction---
Please tell me what you think of it! Cheers~ :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back