A few morino questions...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

webster04

Reaction score
I have a few question I want to ask about the morino, first off is weight gain with adults bad? my tentotchi is currently 66mg right now and I don't know if thats good or bad.

Next off the growth chart says for the secret characters you have to feed then snacks only... is that from the babymotchi stage or imotchi stage and would that be the second food choice?

Thats about it for now, I want to try for the twin ants next time around and would love to know the proper method to getting them.

From what I understand about the snacks and secret characters, you need to feed them the candy (the second food choice) from the time you hatch the egg. Also, there is something about the temperature of the cocoon and the TYPE of cocoon. The types vary and somewhat depend on care but there is a random variable to it as well. You can do everything by the book and sometimes not get the right cocoon.

Also, weight gain is very important to the Morino. You need to have the gain weight before they cocoon but, depending on the character you actually want, that amount can vary. As adults, I don't think it matters too much but I always try to keep my bugs plump without making them weigh too much.

I've been running a morino since like December. You feed it candy as soon as the option appears, which is the Imotchi stage. The type of cocoon you get depends on the final weight and if you fed it candy all the time.

One thing I do know is if you keep the weight as low as possible (about 20-29mg iirc) you will always get Minotchi/Funkorogotchi. 40-49mg is Koganetchi/Tentotchi/Helmetchi/FutagoAritchi.

Getting Helmetchi is easy if you just feed it candy every time, get to 40-49mg, keep the temp warm. By warm I mean, consistently monitor it every 2-3 hours. Keep it paused over night if you have to, it won't penalize you. Don't let it stay at max on the hot spectrum for too long and don't let it dip past the middle for too long as well. He'll come out the cocoon. Now keep the weight at exactly 30mg. I haven't tested if it's 30-39mg, yet. But, keeping it at exactly 30mg is fine. I still fed him only candy at this point, but not sure if it matters. Once he goes back in the cocoon 2 days later just keep the temp really low. Not totally maxed out, but a tick or two off.

FutagoAritchi is essentially the same process. Feed only candy, get to 40-49mg, but keep temp super high. Almost maxed out basically the entire time, but once again monitor it. Don't let it stay max forever or it will die in the cocoon.

You can actually just feed it and wait until he beeps for you to play with him or to scare or a predator and it doesn't appear to penalize you on the cocoon you get. Using this method, I have been able to get him to 40mg by day 2. Though, if you miss too many calls for a predator he will die. This appears to be about 3 or 4 times. And with an adult I've noticed if you missed it about 2 times that's it. I've never gotten one to live past 9 days, yet. :p

Hope you enjoy your Morino! It's my favourite out of all the various tama's that I own.

Attached is a growth chart, however I have seen either a thread or a website that actually stated the weight levels typical to get each character. Sadly, I don't remember where I found it. Maybe someone else out there reading this knows.

Morino_Growth_Chart.png

Oh, and forgot to mention, once they're adults you can get them to 99mg with no ill effects. This applies to P1/P2 tamas as well. You can just keep feeding them their personal snack to raise 1 heart/1 happy.

Someone on tama-zone translated the list for me
Morino_Foods.jpg

The guy also said the last two are related to the secret characters and contained spoilers. When I asked for more info I never heard from him again, so maybe someone else out there can tell me what it was?

EDIT: Found out some of it, which is what I was pretty sure it was:

Koganetchi & Tentochi : 41-49 mg

Chobi-Tamatchi & Minotchi: 33-40 mg

Mushibatchi & Genjinchi : 50-60 mg

I'm assuming Koganetchi/Tenotchi also includes not feeding it candy the entire time or you'll likely get a secret character if it stays on Hot. Never tested to see what happens cold. Or what happens if it's overfed past 60mg.

EDIT2: Found this translated from german

How to get the twins:
Before the cocoon stage of the leaf rather than of sweet feed, keep the weight on 50mg. The cocoon keep only cold temperature indicator at 3 bar, about 2-4 hours, then put on hot until it is far from max heat only 3 bars. Can not achieve the maximum heat!
Also, this is from the official site for Helmetchi: https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ja&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Ftamagotch.channel.or.jp%2Fgame2%2Fhelmet%2Fhelmet.html&act=url

FutagoAritchi: https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Ftamagotch.channel.or.jp%2Fgame2%2Fari%2Fari.html

Whew, information overload! Hope that answers most of your questions!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I kinda figured out what weights you have to have imotchi at to get certain cocoons and even with all my searching I never found any of this stuff. A++ on your part^-^

um...I just received my morino on Friday and I have no clue what im doing lol, you guys said to keep it warm but I have no idea where it will tell me what temp they are?????

I still need to get me one of these... then i think i have all the vintage ones (besides devilgotchi and the santa one, as theyre too expensive).

I still need to get me one of these... then i think i have all the vintage ones (besides devilgotchi and the santa one, as theyre too expensive).
I have them all except the Devil. I love the Morino, it's a lot of fun, sorta about the same maintenance as an Angel, maybe slightly more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back