Favorite age related Stereotypes?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Minecraft Addict

Reaction score
Hello TamaTalkers.
I am wondering what are your favorite age based stereotypes and whether you like or hate them.

My favorite is that ALL teens are rude trouble makers. Naturally, I hate this thought but have to live with it.

What are some of yours?

Oooh great topic idea! :)

I have quite a few...

I think that the idea teens are lazy and/or don't work as hard as their parents did. I always hear like "well back in my day I worked and paid for my own school..." but that was when college was actually somewhat affordable. I think we all work pretty darn hard to get to where we're at and to have someone devalue it is lame.

That we can't be trusted with anything...that one always used to get to me because I literally make an effort every day to make the right choices/have integrity and I feel like it's never recognized. People are like "Oh, you're __?" /judgment.

That we're spoiled due to having computers etc. People are like "I used to have to know how to actually read and use an encyclopedia..." I think being able to use a computer is a skill, and again it's lame to devalue it.

/rant. xD

Last edited by a moderator:
That ALL 15-year-olds date people.
*and I dislike that stereotype (it does not describe me).

That ALL teens stay up late and get up late. It's kind of a generalization, but it's somewhat true for me. I don't particularly dislike that one unless people imply that it's lazy to be a night owl. :p

I hate these stereotypes:

• All really young girls are obsessed with pink, princesses and other weird stuff I never liked
  • All girls are obsessed with their appearance
  • People who get good grades shouldn't do normal things such as talking to their friends and should instead study all the time
  • Anyone under 18 should be treated like a 5-year-old no matter how long they've been trying to prove they're more mature
  • Anyone under 18 can't participate in serious discussions or they get told to go away and do whatever people under 18 are supposed to do
People always assume I fit into these stereotypes but I DON'T and that's why I hate them. :p

That, at 14-15, you MUST have worked out your life plan - exactly what you want to do, how you'll get there. You regret it and want to change? 'Too Bad'

You are unsure? Too bad, make a decision now.

Heck, I'm a senior next year and I have no clue.

The "life plan" thing hits me hard with teachers. Luckily, I have an idea of what to do! :p

Yea, I get nagged and asked A LOT about I want to do. I always give people the short, sweet answer of "Something to do with computers. But not repairing the, everyone does that."

I kinda hate that a lot of things you must be 18+ (some cases in other countries 21+) to do certain things. Like make a PayPal account :/

That, at 14-15, you MUST have worked out your life plan - exactly what you want to do, how you'll get there. You regret it and want to change? 'Too Bad'

You are unsure? Too bad, make a decision now.

Heck, I'm a senior next year and I have no clue.
ikr when I was in year 11 my parents were like "you leave school in three years you have to know exactly what you want to do" but then people from universities come and talk to us and they're like "you don't have to know exactly what you want to do you can decide when you get there"

when I told my mum that she was shocked, and even questioned it, like "are you sure?"

Oh wow. Luckily for me, my parents are quite understanding when I didn't know what I wanted to do. Of course as stated before, now I do know an area I want to work in.

Yes. I'm a senior not this coming school year but the next and I have no idea what I'm going to do for my job...

But anyway, I also don't like the stereotype that teenagers always do illegal stuff and get in huge trouble with the law. It's really common here for a good reason I suppose, but it does not pertain to me and I don't like it.

Yes. I'm a senior not this coming school year but the next and I have no idea what I'm going to do for my job...

But anyway, I also don't like the stereotype that teenagers always do illegal stuff and get in huge trouble with the law. It's really common here for a good reason I suppose, but it does not pertain to me and I don't like it.
Oh I hear ya with the law breaking stuff. A lot of people my age do light-medium drugs and smoke their lives away. Sadly I got accused for smoking the green stuff just by walking by a group on the way to a Dairy Queen. (Luckily I got off scot free)

Stereotypes...

that all smart people are good at every subject in school... Hell to the no math and I are on the terms of we hate eachother and i want to explode it with a nuke.

All Sciencey types are good at all science, No wrong again science is huge! thats like saying all computers are the same hell to the no

Oh heres one Biology majors only have to memorize... yeah okay.. then (lies)

Now here comes the teen angst

- as a "kid" i have nothing to stress about - so school, and the future that i have to have all the answers for, how i'm going to pay for school, and my phone bill, and cadet crap ( it was crap if you want to know more about my crap i'll talk till you get bored) yeah yeah no reason to stress all because i don't have a job... (eye roll)

- every thing that comes out of my mouth is a lie

- there is always a secret boyfriend ( I wish)

- all people my age party and go clubbing just because we are legal (ummm no I am to busy with my school life)

- oh nerds have no life _ am living am i not? I eat, and sleep (sometimes) just because i dont do what you do doesnt mean im not happy

- You need a boyfriend to be complete... F that

ummm are there anymore? I'll have to get back to you....

Stereotypes...

that all smart people are good at every subject in school... Hell to the no math and I are on the terms of we hate eachother and i want to explode it with a nuke.

All Sciencey types are good at all science, No wrong again science is huge! thats like saying all computers are the same hell to the no

Oh heres one Biology majors only have to memorize... yeah okay.. then (lies)

Now here comes the teen angst

- as a "kid" i have nothing to stress about - so school, and the future that i have to have all the answers for, how i'm going to pay for school, and my phone bill, and cadet crap ( it was crap if you want to know more about my crap i'll talk till you get bored) yeah yeah no reason to stress all because i don't have a job... (eye roll)

- every thing that comes out of my mouth is a lie

- there is always a secret boyfriend ( I wish)

- all people my age party and go clubbing just because we are legal (ummm no I am to busy with my school life)

- oh nerds have no life _ am living am i not? I eat, and sleep (sometimes) just because i dont do what you do doesnt mean im not happy

- You need a boyfriend to be complete... F that

ummm are there anymore? I'll have to get back to you....
You a cadet too? What core/squadron do you come from?

You a cadet too? What core/squadron do you come from?
Yeah i was! first I was at 307 RCSCC Mariner, and it went bad... really really bad So i transferred corps and went to 102 Fraser and it got better than bad so... yeah

So what about you? you a sea/air/ or army?

Yeah i was! first I was at 307 RCSCC Mariner, and it went bad... really really bad So i transferred corps and went to 102 Fraser and it got better than bad so... yeah

So what about you? you a sea/air/ or army?
I'm an Air cadet from 333 Lord Beaverbrook. It's a pretty good Squadron to be in. Located in Fredericton NB.

EDIT: I'm currently a Sergeant. Hopefully I'll be a Flight Sergeant soon! ^-^

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm an Air cadet from 333 Lord Beaverbrook. It's a pretty good Squadron to be in. Located in Fredericton NB.
I'm more familiar with Sea cadets, but I do have some air cadet buddies, and Eastern canada is a whole new world for me, but that's awesome all in all I loved the cadet program it did so much good things for me. And if you ever get the chance to Staff and HMCS Quadra, do it. Yes it is a sea cadet camp but everyone who goes ends up loving it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back