what is the meaning of life for you?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HopeMcCarthyAuroraLovingtn

Reaction score
I found this beautiful quotes about life.

noelani-meaning.jpg

for me ,meaning of my life it's simple

Bring the light!

Where ever i go!

Whatever I do!

this is written on my Guitar. my promise and mission that have to be fulfill Someday ;)

the meaning to life for me is soo many things but most importantly is the happiness of my family and friends, and to enjoy life to the very fullest..and to be appreciative about the lil things in life because those are the great memories that will last forever <3 to smile everday and to pass on the happiness and kindness that everyone shares with you! and to always open your heart and mind to new possibilities and people around you <3

The answer to life, the universe and everything is 42. The trick is finding the question.

Serious answer: Try to be a good person, help others when you can and find something you love that makes it all worthwhile.

Last edited by a moderator:
Scientifically, the meaning and purpose of life is to reproduce. Life exists because it can and we have evolved to reproduce at all costs, otherwise we would just die out if we didn't have that instinct.

However, I believe in doing something more. My purpose in life is to be some use to someone else, and help or inspire people who don't seem to need help or inspiration but do. There are a lot of people who want to help others who have more obvious problems such as bullying, and I'm not saying these problems should be ignored, but there are more complicated issues that never get any attention. If I didn't have that purpose, my life would be a lot easier but I'd feel worthless and pointless. Because, if you think logically, I would be.

Scientifically, the meaning and purpose of life is to reproduce. Life exists because it can and we have evolved to reproduce at all costs, otherwise we would just die out if we didn't have that instinct.
Instinct-shminstinct. If that was really the "purpose of life", then all life would be completely pointless. The purpose of life is the same as the purpose of music - to enjoy it while it lasts - not this reproduction silliness.

Edit: But you're right. That's the "scientific" purpose of life. But it's silly and I don't like it.

The purpose of my life is Tamagotchi. That's all I care about in the universe. ^___^;
How can you live that way, with nothing to look forward to and nothing to achieve? You're amazing at stuff like writing and drawing but you want to spend your life playing with virtual pets...I've got nothing against that, it just seems weird to me that you would throw away so many opportunities.

Edit: But you're right. That's the "scientific" purpose of life. But it's silly and I don't like it.
No, wait, that's not right. :p That contradicts what I said before:

"If the purpose of life was to reproduce, then life would be completely pointless."

and we have evolved to reproduce at all costs, otherwise we would just die out if we didn't have that instinct.
And it's not instinct, it's a choice! If it's an instinct, then why do I hate it so much? Does that mean I lack "instinct"? And what about those who can't or don't even want to "reproduce"??? That's implying their lives are purposeless! :mellow: If that was true, then my life would be pointless. What do you have to say about that? :( But it's not, because "the purpose of life is to reproduce" is obviously not true and it is not instinct and so I don't have to worry about it. ^_^

No, wait, that's not right. :p That contradicts what I said before:

"If the purpose of life was to reproduce, then life would be completely pointless."

And it's not instinct, it's a choice! If it's an instinct, then why do I hate it so much? Does that mean I lack "instinct"? And what about those who can't or don't even want to "reproduce"??? That's implying their lives are purposeless! :mellow: If that was true, then my life would be pointless. What do you have to say about that? :( But it's not, because "the purpose of life is to reproduce" is obviously not true and it is not instinct and so I don't have to worry about it. ^_^
Sometimes I feel the same way you do, that reproduction is something I do not want to take part in, and sometimes I feel the complete opposite.

The reason each person is alive is because they have the potential to participate in the continuity of the species. Humans as a whole are around for who knows why. Some people choose to remain celibate and/or not reproduce. This doesn't mean they have no point in life, they are just not affecting the continuity of our species. Humans are hard-wired to reproduce, but it's actually a good thing if some people don't, that way we can prevent overpopulation and the world will thank us for it. Just because you have the instinct to reproduce, doesn't mean you have to follow it. Some people have different instincts, too. Reproduction is not just a choice.

So to participate in the continuity of our species, you either need to reproduce or make some world-changing invention that will affect many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many generations after you. But to give true meaning to your own life and the lives of others, you don't even have to do that. You just need to be the best you can be. :)

Wow, isn't this deep :p

Come to think of it, Life is just about having fun. We study so we can get jobs in the future, then gain money, then buy the things that we want to make us happy. Everything pretty much leads to happiness. We skip recess and lunch to gain money ( guilty ), save up and buy tamagotchis which makes us happy. We eat 'cause we want to be full and happy. You probably get this by now :p That's my vision on life though.

Scientifically, the meaning and purpose of life is to reproduce.
Originally, yes. Reproducing does sound fun, but that's not my meaning of life (Pleased on't get the wrong idea, I have never done the process of procreation.)

My meaning of life is, "As long as the people around me are happy, the ones I'm close to are happier, I will be happiest."

So, giving happiness and joy really. Also making people laugh. It's my specialty. But most jokes are NSFW so don't ask for them :p

Reproducing does sound fun, but that's not my meaning of life (Pleased on't get the wrong idea, I have never done the process of procreation.)
LOL when I re-read what I wrote I wanted to say the exact same thing. :p

But I remember in sixth grade at Catholic school, we had a teacher who said the purpose of life is to know, love, and serve God.

Then in seventh grade at the same Catholic school, we had another teacher. And she said the purpose of life is to be the best that you can be. And that one really stuck with me.

I think the second one is much more true than the textbook definition we had in sixth grade. Whatever religion (or non-religion) we happen to be, we are here to accomplish, and experience, as many good and amazing things as we can. That doesn't mean we need to accomplish the same things, but we all need to try just as hard. Based on who we are, the outcomes may be different, but they will still be our personal best. :)

I do not think that helping others is the meaning of life. Why should we waste our lives pleasing everyone else? We should just try our best to please ourselves (and our Tamagotchis) because we are people too, after all. I like making my friends happy, but not if it makes me UNhappy (e.g. buying stuff for them when I could buy stuff for myself).

I'm not really sure, to be honest. I mean, even if I do find some meaning, it won't matter once I'm non-existent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back