Korean Tamas?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tamalover1918

Reaction score
Do they have Korean tamas? My two cousins had tamas, and they live in Korea.

I don't know if they have Korean Tamagotchis specifically, but I know that a lot of countries will have an English Tamagotchi, and then localize the actual physical instructions accordingly.

For instance, I have a V4 and V4.5 that are apparently "Chinese". Having said that, it is identical to an American V4/V4.5, while possessing instructions in Chinese.

I think from a company's standpoint, it's simply easier to rerelease a product and make necessary adjustments accordinly as opposed to translating a product simply for one market.

I'm SOuth Korean and it seems that they don't sell it there. :(
You would probably have to buy it online or something.

Also, it dosen't come in the Korean language, but if you cousins know some Japanese they can get a japanese tama. :D
But personally I think the english tamas would be more suitable.

Really? I never knew they sold it there. :l
Maybe cause Korea's close to Japan. :eek:

another S.Korean here.

In 1996 or 1997, the original (p1) tamagotchis were imported from Japan. Probably the English versions, I think.

and in 2004 Tamagotchi Connection (=V1) was imported, in Korean packaging. These were in English.

But that's all. No Korean tamas since. Bandai Korea probably has no plans for the future also.

Since the Korean-packaging-V1 is quite hard to find, I'm guessing that your cousins have JP or US tamas.

Communities here often buy JP/HK tamas in groups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back