Nightmare Island - A Tamagotchi Horror Story. :o

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal Mametchi Fan

Reaction score
This story is based upon a lame dream I had! =D My actual dream had Mametchi, Memetchi, Kuchipatchi, Lovelitchi, and Young Dorotchi, but I decided not to include Young Dorotchi in my story since she didn’t even do much or say anything. :p

Nightmare Island

“Isn’t this wonderful?” Memetchi breathed, gazing out at the wonderful blue sea.

Lovelitchi leaned over the edge of the cruise ship, the wind blowing her soft, fluffy ears. “Ooh, I can see a dolphintchi down there!” she squealed in delight.

Meanwhile, Mametchi and Kuchipatchi were standing a little way off, watching the girls doubtfully. “I’m not sure about this-tchi,” Kuchipatchi muttered. “I’ve never heard of Sweet Dreams Island, and I don’t know if there are any restaurants there-tchi!”

Memetchi turned around and sighed in exasperation. “Come on, you guys! What does it take to enjoy yourselves? You’re probably just jealous that I won a trip to Sweet Dreams Island and you didn’t!”

“That’s not the point,” Mametchi objected. “I don’t remember you entering any competitions. It could be a scam. Maybe there’s no such thing as Sweet Dreams Island.” He was sure he was right. He had searched all over the internet, in all the books in the library, but he could find no evidence of a place called Sweet Dreams Island.

Lovelitchi pointed to an island appearing in the distance, barely more than a dot on the horizon. “Satisfied now? Seriously, boys are impossible. We girls know how to chillax!”

Mametchi scoffed, but said nothing more.

There was a loud rumbling sound.

“What was that?” Memetchi demanded, looking around frantically. “An earthquake? A volcano?”

“My belly-tchi,” Kuchipatchi replied, making everyone groan. “I hope one of you brought food for this trip-tchi!”

“Er, no” Memetchi admitted. “I assumed we would be given food. Let’s see if there’s anything in the ship’s kitchen.”

Mametchi followed Memetchi, Lovelitchi, and Kuchipatchi down the steps that led to the kitchen. He would much rather be at home, making a new invention or studying for that big test Miss Perfect has assigned. Anywhere but stuck on an unknown island, doing nothing!

He heard a gasp of surprise and quickly raced down the rest of the stops. He stopped in disbelief when he was faced with a very big but very empty kitchen. Kuchipatchi’s belly complained again.

“This gives me the creeps,” Lovelitchi shuddered, staring at the walls and floor of the room. It was surprisingly dusty with cobwebs here and there. There were no tables or chairs, not to mention another Tamagotchi in sight.

“Perhaps someone’s waiting for us at the island,” Memetchi suggested. “Let’s go ask the captain.”

However, there was no captain. There was a captain’s room, with everything needed to control the ship, but no captain. It was not unusual for ships to go by themselves on Tamagotchi Planet. Still, Mamtchi couldn’t help feeling a little freaked out since nobody had been in the kitchen either.

Mametchi thought again to how they had first went on the cruise. Memetchi had received a letter in her mailbox addressed to her, but it never mentioned who had sent the letter. It said that Memetchi had won a trip to Sweet Dreams Island, and of course she wanted to take her best Tama-Friends: Mametchi, Kuchipatchi, and Lovelitchi

When they had arrived at the dock, there had been a ship waiting for them that none of them had seen before. As soon as they had walked onto the ship, it had started moving. Now that Mametchi thought about it, the whole thing was suspicious.

“Maybe the letter was from an axe-murderer who is waiting to kill us on the island!” Mametchi fretted.

Lovelitchi hit him playfully as Memetchi led them all back to the top of the ship. “Paranoid!” she told him.

Little did they know, whatever was waiting for them at the island would be far worse than any murderer…

“Here we are!” Memetchi grinned, stepping out onto the sand. There appeared to be a dense jungle in the middle of the island. “Now everything will be just fine. Right?” She glanced expectantly at her companions.

“Um, yeah, but there’s nobody here either,” Lovelitchi pointed out.

“Oh…” Memetchi’s voice trailed off. She shrugged. “I guess they’re somewhere else! Let’s go explore!”

The others walked onto the island with Memetchi. As soon as all four of them were on the island, everything went black.

Mametchi was in a dark void. “Where am I?” he wondered out loud. His voice echoed eerily. He saw a tiny shine of light, sparkling in the distance. He stared at it, spellbound, as it shined brighter and brighter, until it seemed to envelope him.

All of a sudden, he saw some Tamagotchis around a huge bowl of food. Looking closely at the Tamagotchis, he saw himself, Memetchi, Kuchipatchi, and Lovelitchi! He tried calling out to his friends, but they didn’t respond. He watched as the amount of food in the bowl depleted, and as it did, the Tamagotchis standing around grew thinner and weak-looking. When the bowl was finally empty, all the Tamagotchis, including the other version of himself and his friends, dropped dead.

Mametchi awoke with a start. He was sweating and gasping for air, his heart pounding as if he had just woken from a nightmare. He looked around and saw that he was back on the island, his friends by his side. They all looked to be in the same shocked state as he was.

“That was some dream,” Lovelitchi panted.

“Whoever has a dream standing up?!” Mametchi asked.

“Maybe it was just a vision-tchi!” Kuchipatchi suggested.

Memetchi opened her mouth to say something, and then turned around and screamed.

“What is—oh!” Mametchi could clearly see what had scared Memetchi so much. Their cruise ship was gone.

“They left without us-tchi!” Kuchipatchi whined.

Mametchi wasn’t sure about that. The dream, or vision, or whatever it had been hadn’t been that long, and he couldn’t even see any sign of a boat in the distance. Or perhaps the dream had just been a lot longer than it seemed.

“Let’s keep calm,” Lovelitchi told the others. “We’ve been on weird adventures like this in the past, like when the Kuchipatchi of Truth took us back in time, remember?”

The friends nodded. “So, what do we do now?” Mametchi asked.”

“Let’s just walk around the island to see if we can find any clues,” Lovelitchi decided.

The four Tamagotchis began to walk along the shore of the island, confused and unhappy. Mametchi hoped something would happen soon. This was too weird for his liking. And boring. They weren’t getting anywhere. Perhaps they would be stranded on the island forever.

They walked all along the shore, around the island, until the sun began to set. It was a fairly big island. Eventually, they were just heading towards where they had started from. The ship still wasn’t there. But something else was.

“Oh my god!” Lovelitchi shrieked, stopping in her tracks. Memetchi, Kuchipatchi, and Mametchi almost fainted with fear. There, standing in front of them, were… Mametchi, Memetchi, Kuchipatchi, and Lovelitchi. They all looked grim and tired, except for Lovelitchi, who was grinning creepily.

“It’s us!” Memetchi whimpered.

“They say everyone in the world has a double somewhere,” Mametchi whispered. He eyed the newcomers. Something about the look of hunger in their eyes made him feel unsafe.

Nobody made a move. “What’s behind them-tchi?” Kuchipatchi asked quietly. Mametchi looked where Kuchipatchi was pointing as saw large holes as well as freshly turned earth, as if the newcomers had just come out of the ground.

“Zombies!” Lovelitchi cried.

At that word, just as the sun sank and dusk turned to night, the zombies attacked. Moving surprisingly fast, they leaped at the Tama-Friends. Zombie Mametchi attacked Mametchi, Zombie Memetchi attacked Memetchi, and Zombie Kuchipatchi attacked Kuchipatchi. Zombie Lovelitchi though, wasn’t attacking just yet. She was just staring at Lovelitchi, who was trembling, with an ominous look on her face.

But Mametchi didn’t have time to help Lovelitchi. Zombie Mametchi was gnawing on his head with needle-sharp teeth. Mametchi threw off his attacker and ran to grab a big, pointy branch that was lying on the ground near the trees. “Everyone, try to fight the zombies with sticks!” he called.

Zombie Mametchi grabbed Mametchi’s arm, moaning “Brains…” Closing his eyes, Mametchi thrust the branch into the zombie. He heard it let out an eerie moan and opened his eyes to see it fall to the ground.

Meanwhile, Memetchi and Kuchipatchi had defeated their zombies but Lovelitchi was still struggling with hers. Fighting it with a pitifully small stick, she pleaded, “Help me, Mametchi!”

Mametchi hurried over and drove his stick deep into Zombie Lovelitchi’s chest. Instead of moaning, she let out an ear-splitting scream before dropping to the ground.

“Thank you, Mametchi,” Lovelitchi smiled. “You’re a real hero!”

Mametchi blushed. Memetchi and Kuchipatchi walked over to them. “That was awful!” Memetchi sobbed. Mametchi saw that tears were forming on the corners of her eyes. “I brought us to this dreadful place. It’s all my fault!”

“Memetchi, please don’t worry-tchi!” Kuchipatchi soothed. His belly growled for the third time that day.

“Let’s look around some more,” Lovelitchi suggested. “I’m sure there must be something on this island to eat.” There was a mysterious tone to her voice that Mametchi almost didn’t catch. It was as if her words meant something different from what she really said.

Lovelitchi began to walk into the jungle. “How do you know where you’re going?” Memetchi asked.

“Er, I… uh..” Lovelitchi seemed to grope for an answer. “I don’t know,” she muttered. “I just assume there might be some fruit or something in there.”

“Good idea-tchi!” said Kuchipatchi. So, Mametchi, Memetchi, and Kuchipatchi followed Lovelitchi into the trees.

Lovelitchi travelled through the jungle confidently as if she knew exactly where she was going. It made Mametchi feel uneasy. He glanced around nervously. The jungle was dark and looming. There was no sound of birds, insects, or other creatures. He couldn’t see anything edible in sight, unless leaves counted.

“I still wonder about that vision we had,” Mametchi murmured. “The one where the food disappeared from that big bowl and all the Tamagotchis died.”

Lovelitchi stopped and looked at him with interest. “I think there must have been some meaning behind it. Perhaps Tamagotchis lived on this island long ago, including the doubles of us. Perhaps there wasn’t enough food for all the Tamagotchis! They ate it, and ate it, until there was no food left at all! That is what caused the Tamagotchis to die.” She said it with such certainty that Mametchi decided to speak up about his worries.

“Um, Lovelitchi,” he began cautiously, “you’ve been acting different since the fight with the zombies.”

Lovelitchi stared. “Different? How?”

“Weird! You’re too confident here, while the rest of us are scared out of our wits.” Mametchi glanced at Memetchi and Kuchipatchi, who nodded in agreement.

Lovelitchi was silent for a moment. “Ah… well, Zombie Lovelitchi was sort of glaring at me, and it made my head feel funny… and I guess it affected me in some way.”

“Did she turn you into a zombie too?” Memetchi squeaked in horror.

“No, otherwise I would have eaten all your brains by now!” Lovelitchi laughed.

Feeling reassured, Mametchi and the others continued to travel through the jungle. Mametchi could understand Lovelitchi. He had seen the way Zombie Lovelitchi had crept up on her with such an evil grin. That would have made anyone feel weird and act unusual! Still, he began to wonder if they would ever escape the island. There could be more zombies. His belly grumbled, though not as loudly as Kuchipatchi’s.

“Oh look!” Lovelitchi said suddenly. “There’s some kind of village here! Maybe somebody lives there.”

Mametchi looked peered through the trees. It was true! There were several little wooden huts. The four friends walked into the clearing. It seemed deserted. Whoever lived in them probably died long ago… which meant there might be zombies.

Lovelitchi strolled over to one of the buildings and knocked. “Anybody home?”

The door opened. Inside were Lovepapalitchi and Lovemamalitchi, Lovelitchi’s parents!

“More zombies! Memetchi warned.

“I don’t think they’re zombies,” Lovelitchi said thoughtfully. “They’re just the doubles of my parents.”

“That’s right!” Lovepapalitchi said. He seemed friendly, not hostile like the zombies they had encountered earlier. “Come in, you’re just in time for dinner!”

Lovelitchi walked inside. “Food-tchi!” Kuchipatchi drooled. He scrambled into the hut, and Mametchi and Memetchi had no choice but to follow.

Inside the hut was empty. “Erm, where’s the food?” Mametchi asked.

“Oh, it’s here,” said Lovemamalitchi and she grinned to reveal two rows of pointy teeth.

“You mean us!” Memetchi wailed. “We have to get out of here!”

Lovelitchi rushed over to the door. However, instead of opening it for the friends to escape, she stood in front of it, blocking their way. She gave the same evil grin that Zombie Lovelitchi had worn on her face.

“Lovelitchi! You were turned into a zombie!” Mametchi exclaimed, horrified.

“You’re wrong,” Lovelitchi snarled. “I am the zombie. It was all a trick! You killed your real friend back on the beach.”

Kuchipatchi gasped. Memetchi sobbed. Mametchi gritted his teeth. He was very, very angry.

“MORON!” he shouted, and snatched Zombie Lovelitchi around the neck so as to strangle her. However, her head came right off.

“Ew!” Memetchi shrieked.

“Now’s our chance!” Mametchi smashed the door down and he, Memetchi, and Kuchipatchi scurried out into the night. He looked back, expecting to see Zombie Lovepapalitchi and Zombie Love Mamalitchi giving chase, but the two zombie Tamagotchis were staring down at the two pieces of their daughter. Were they grieving? Mametchi hadn’t realised that zombies could feel sad.

Still, the three friends didn’t slow down until they reached the shore. Right now, all Mametchi wanted to do was collapse to the ground and fall asleep. “Are you okay?” he asked his friends.

“NO!” Memetchi snapped. “Lovelitchi’s dead and it’s all my fault. I shouldn’t have made you come to this stupid island!”

“And I’m starving-tchi…” Kuchipatchi complained.

Mametchi didn’t say anything. He just sank to his knees, and then fell backward onto the sand, his mind being flooded by the black wave of exhaustion.

The next morning, the sun was shining brightly in the sky, as if nothing bad had ever happened. It was convincing to believe that this island really was a holiday resort. But then Mametchi remembered everything that had taken place last night, and his heart sank. “Lovelitchi…” he whispered to himself.

“Come have some food-tchi!” Kuchipatchi’s voice called. Mametchi got up and the smell of cooked meat made his mouth water. Kuchipatchi was farther along the beach, cooking something in a fire.

“What’s that?” Mametchi asked, walking over.

Kuchipatchi would not meet Mametchi’s eyes. “A wild animal I found in the jungle-tchi,” he mumbled.

Mametchi sat down. Kuchipatchi used a sharp rock to cut off two large pieces of meat. Kuchipatchi gave one to Mametchi. Mametchi took a bite. It wasn’t very tasty, but he knew it would satisfy his empty stomach.

“Where’s Memetchi?” he asked.

Kuchipatchi stuffed the whole piece of meat in his mouth. “She said she had to go look for something-tchi,” he answered with his mouth full.

Mametchi frowned. “It’s dangerous to be wondering around when there are zombies around.”

“The zombies only come out when it’s dark-tchi,” Kuchipatchi reminded him.

“Even so, she should come back soon and eat something. She must be starving.”

Tears of guilt sprang to Kuchipatchi’s eyes. “I’m sorry, Mametchi, but Memtchi’s not coming back-tchi. I was just so hungry-tchi. We are eating her right now-tchi.”

“WHY YOU—“

Before Mametchi could finish his sentence, he was plunged into a white void. He felt himself being sucked into blackness. Kind of like the sensation he had when he first arrived at the island, except reversed.

And then, Mametchi and Kuchipatchi were back to the part of the island they were on when they first arrived. There were some friendly looking Tamagotchis wearing colourful clothes standing in front of them, and at first Mametchi feared they were zombies, but they said, “Congratulations on winning this trip to Sweet Dreams Island!”

“Th=thank you…?” Mametchi stammered.

“Wait, where’s Memetchi?” one of them asked.

Mametchi and Kuchipatchi glanced at each other. “She and Lovelitchi must be somewhere on this island.”

“Let’s go look for her,” the Tamagotchis said. Mametchi and Kuchipatchi followed them. The new Tamagotchis began to tell them about the island.

“Long ago, this place was full of happy, healthy Tamagotchis. However, they were so isolated from the rest of the world and couldn’t get enough food. Their foods supplies depleted, and they all died from starvation. There was then a rumor that the dead Tamagotchis turned into zombies, and waited for travellers to come here so they could eat their brains. Soon, the place was called Nightmare Island. However, it is said that the daughter of the leaders of the zombie tribe was sacrificed. Overwhelmed by grief, all the zombies are said to have left our world and the island was safe once more. We call the place Sweet Dreams Island, even though its official name is Nightmare Island.”

“That’s why I couldn’t find any information about it; they used the wrong name!” Mametchi murmured.

“It says that the zombie leaders’ daughter was sacrificed… could that be Zombie Lovelitchi? Does that mean we travelled back in time-tchi?” Kuchipatchi asked.

“I’m not sure… I hope Memetchi and Lovelitchi are alive, even after all that happened.”

“OW-tchi!” Kuchipatchi exclaimed, tripping over something in the sand.

“Kuchipatchi, are you okay?” Mametchi asked, kneeling down to help his friend. He gasped when he saw what Kuchipatchi had stepped on, white and gleaming in the sunlight.

The skeleton of Lovelitchi.

Theeeee eeennnnd!

In my actual dream, a giant Lovelitchi randomly comes along and take Mametchi and Kuchipatchi to Shizuku-Chan world but I decided that wouldn’t make any sense in the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back