Fake Tama? I think I have a fake one but I need instructions on how to use it!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DinkieShula

Reaction score
I was given a little virtual pet as a gift and I really would like to be able to look after it properly but I have little to no idea how. As far as I can tell it is a knock off of a Dinkie Dino? But there don't seem to be instructions online anywhere for it :( It dies every few hours as I don't know whats up with it. Longest it lasted was overnight, sleeping :(

The image below is what it looks like. Green with 5 buttons 'select 1, cancel, decide, status and selet 2'. The icons across the top of the screen are abit random too L-R 'knife and fork - food?, football - games?, book - pet doesn't like it, medical bag - medicine?, scoop - poop scooper?, moon & z - sleep?, scales - stats, umbrella - no idea?' it has about 24 different pet options including a dinosaur and frogs, even a person!

There is a little phone icon that pops up at the bottom of the screen sometimes too... any ideas what that is?

Also, I assume the book is learning, but no matter how many times I do it, the pencil icon in the stats bar never increases :/

If anyone knows what I can do (aside from buy a real one) please let me know! I love this little gift and I really want to be able to work it properly!

https://imgh.us/virtual_pet.jpg

Thank you!

DinkieShula

Last edited by a moderator:
Since it's a fake, I wouldn't be surprised if you can't actually 'care' for it at all and that it's predispositioned to just die after running through a cycle. I could be wrong, though. The pencil could be discipline, however, that if it beeps but needs nothing, then you use the book on it.

Since it's a fake, I wouldn't be surprised if you can't actually 'care' for it at all and that it's predispositioned to just die after running through a cycle. I could be wrong, though. The pencil could be discipline, however, that if it beeps but needs nothing, then you use the book on it.
It's been through a few cycles on me already, lasted quite well through today though. Found the poop scoop option earlier too ^.^

What do you mean 'use the book on it'?

If it beeps but needs nothing, then select the book. It could be discipline, not studying like with a Dinkie pet. The book icon you keep using.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah right I get you. I think I'm getting there with the little thing. Although I left it at work yesterday and when I got back to it today it had a 'bye' screen. Which I hadn't seen before. I reset it to a horse this time and after an hour the select a character display was back :( I wonder if it is possible that only some of the characters work?

I put new batteries in when I got it. Ooh yeah very similar to that, but not (as far as I can tell) related to any tv/computer characters.

Perhaps I should just resign myself to the fact that it is buggy :(

Don't be too disheartened. Even buggy pets can be useful for parts if you have other pets that need a little extra love. :) Sorry it's not working well for you, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back