Photo
- - - - -

Is it true yellow and white iD Ls are crappy?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Rosetichi

• rosetichi user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:40 AM ( #1 )

I keep seeing that people think the white and yellows are crappily made, but I have a white and it shows no signs of the faceplate falling off, or pixel bleeding. So, what started that?

Replies

Views

Started

20 Jul 2013

Last Post

24 Jul 2013

SailorRosette

• sailorrosette user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 20 July 2013 - 10:11 AM ( #2 )

*Topic moved to 'What's On Your Mind'*

robodog

• robodog user photo

Posted 20 July 2013 - 10:53 AM ( #3 )

If true it may be like certain Furbys. There are Furbys made by a specific factory that are plagued with problems. Speakers going out, movements going out of synch, gears making grinding, screeching noises and things like that.  The limited edition Tropical Furbys were almost all made in that particular factory and are almost all plagued with problems. Maybe the yellow and white ID Ls are made in factories that's quality control isn't as good as factories that make the other colors. Or it could just be a coincidence that yellow and white ones seem to have a higher rate of failure.

I tend to avoid white virtual pets anyway. Unless extremely well cared for, white plastic tends to yellow after about ten or fifteen years. And even if you take precautions to prevent it it can still happen. There are plenty of Star Wars Stormtrooper figures from the 70s and 80s that now look like they peed themselves. I do have a white TamaGo, and because I'm attached to him I don't regret buying him, but he'll probably be the only white Tama in my collection.

ichiro.malfoy

• ichiromalfoy user photo

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:25 AM ( #4 )

I keep seeing that people think the white and yellows are crappily made, but I have a white and it shows no signs of the faceplate falling off, or pixel bleeding. So, what started that?

Can you tell us where you got this information from?

robodog

• robodog user photo

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:36 AM ( #5 )

Actually, yeah, I'd kind of like to know that myself.

Brittygotchi

• brittygotchi user photo

Posted 20 July 2013 - 02:48 PM ( #6 )

It's probably just a rumor, same as the one that went around saying that the English iD L's break easily. 

As long as you take good care of it and be careful with it, it should be fine.

Edited by Brittygotchi, 20 July 2013 - 02:48 PM.

Mothra

• mothra user photo
  • Group: Senior TamaTalk Guides

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:26 PM ( #7 )

This is a new one for me. Never heard that certain colors were bad. I have a yellow. It's just as fine and stable as any other.

ciara683

• ciara683 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Angelgotchi

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:38 PM ( #8 )

this isnt news to me because I heard 2 stories of peoples white ones sucking,but I honestly thing it's just coincidence as I have a white one and its PERFECTLY  fine.

oddsandendswithlove

• oddsandendswithlove user photo

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:06 PM ( #9 )

I have a white one too its a myth or false lol..its perfect in everyway and yes I have heard this going around lol but theres not much to back it up<3

Rosetichi

• rosetichi user photo

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:21 PM ( #10 )

I've only heard it going around, but the only thing I notice with the white one is its a little easier to scratch, plus getting dirty, but it doesn't matter because its easy to clean. So glad it's not true :D

Plus I read two topics (can't remember which) that had pixel bleeding on the iD L white, but that's pretty much it.

Malfoy Edit: MERGED - Please refrain from consecutive posting... your previous post can be edited up to 24 hours should you need to add/edit.

nyle9009

• nyle9009 user photo

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:26 PM ( #11 )

I have a white one and i feel like you can see scratches more easily on the face plate then other colors. 

ichiro.malfoy

• ichiromalfoy user photo

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:21 PM ( #12 )

I have a white iD L and it's been more than a year old - nothing fishy going on.

Just because one product happened to be defective, doesn't automatically mean they all are :D

oddsandendswithlove

• oddsandendswithlove user photo

Posted 24 July 2013 - 01:07 PM ( #13 )

well now im the owner of both a white and yellow id l and they are both perfect in everyway! ones an English vers and the others Japanese and im not having any problems at all!

robodog

• robodog user photo

Posted 24 July 2013 - 01:12 PM ( #14 )

Good to know.