- - - - -

How do you make money?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Minecraft Addict

• minecraft-addict user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:13 AM ( #1 )

Hello TT members!

I have to work soon so I'll keep this short and sweet.

Do you have a job and if not, how do you make most of your money? Comment you answers, I'll be excited to know! :D (Wow that makes me sounds creepy :P )

Replies

Views

Started

24 Jul 2013

Last Post

28 Sep 2013

*Hayden*

• hayden user photo

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:34 AM ( #2 )

I get paid $5 every week for doing chores but usually my mum doesn't pay me so I get annoyed, especially when I do heaps of work :P I also get $5 every week for my lunch money but I usually just save it and stay hungry for a whole day I guess but it's worth it for me :D

robodog

• robodog user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:37 AM ( #3 )

I'm disabled. I get a disability check every month.

Layolachi

• layolachi user photo

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:43 AM ( #4 )

I work :( gone are the days of spending money from the parents!

Stefan Bauwens

• stefan-bauwens user photo
  • Group: Banned

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:57 AM ( #5 )

Since I'm still studying the only money I get was from my grandparents at New Year and on my Birthday.

I also, together with some siblings work once a while (like twice a year) by a lady in her garden and get some money for that.

I of course do still normal work at home but getting paid for it is pretty ridiculous since that's just my duty.

oddsandendswithlove

• oddsandendswithlove user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Angelgotchi

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:54 AM ( #6 )

well I get that question a lot actually cause I buy ALOT of tamagotchi's on a regular basis...the reason why I can is because I work ALOT too hehe..I am currently a CCA retraining and going back to school to become a LPN. I am doing MANY commissions on the side, I create/sculpt and hand paint my own minatures like WARHAMMER and FORGEWORLD...I crochet tamagotchi covers and many cases etc. and I do crafts like Christmas decorations etc (which usually pays about $5000 in two months) so that pays for Christmas a lot of the time <3...plus we are landlords...we own our own rental property and my husband is currently on permanent disabitily so hes able to take care of that aspect of the income <3 together it totals a lot but there is also a lot of work and pain and sweat that goes into it <3 lol but that's what we do and that's how I get paid! O.O

• Minecraft Addict likes this

dazzilitchigirl

• dazzilitchigirl user photo

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:43 AM ( #7 )

Being 12, I obviously don't have a job or anything. I get £120 allowance a year, which sounds like a lot, but it's less than £3 a week. I usually don't ask for it at all because I don't want or need it. The only way I have of actually earning money is by selling random drawings or whatever to my parents, which I don't do anymore because the drawings are worth half a penny but we don't have half-pennies anymore so I'd have to charge a penny which would be a complete rip-off.

Minecraft Addict

• minecraft-addict user photo

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:08 AM ( #8 )

Well I'm off work so i'll give my info:

I'm a high school student and it will potentially be my last year of it. Unless I fail too many classes and not get my credits. 

Money wise, I am a contractor. Pays nicely and I have an excellent boss. Pay checks vary greatly depending on the work done or if it's the finishing pay for a building. (I mainly do Ducting and Ventilation). I had the job handed to me with free training. I was lucky. My boss is the step mother of one of my friends and she likes me greatly and I do my best and be enthusiastic about work.

Last pay check was 400$, so I'd say i make about 100-200$ a week on average. A lot of money for a 16 year old but my money doesn't leave me easily. I keep most of it in my Bank.

Wow that was a lot to type  :D

I'm interested on hearing more from you members, guides, Admins... Well who ever wants to comment! ^-^

Nazotchi25

• nazotchi25 user photo

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:14 AM ( #9 )

Well I'm off work so i'll give my info:

I'm a high school student and it will potentially be my last year of it. Unless I fail too many classes and not get my credits. 

Money wise, I am a contractor. Pays nicely and I have an excellent boss. Pay checks vary greatly depending on the work done or if it's the finishing pay for a building. (I mainly do Ducting and Ventilation). I had the job handed to me with free training. I was lucky. My boss is the step mother of one of my friends and she likes me greatly and I do my best and be enthusiastic about work.

Last pay check was 400$, so I'd say i make about 100-200$ a week on average. A lot of money for a 16 year old but my money doesn't leave me easily. I keep most of it in my Bank.

Wow that was a lot to type  :D

I'm interested on hearing more from you members, guides, Admins... Well who ever wants to comment! ^-^

As a brother i work along side wit him, his friend's step mother is actually my girlfriend's step mother, who likes us as workers very much :3

As mentioned we are quite enthusiastic about work, and my pay is the same rate as his. 

i put around 75-90% of my pay in the bank. I love money x3

It`s Teri

• its-teri user photo

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:24 PM ( #10 )

I used to do a paper run but I had to quit that after my mum went into hospital in 2011

Now I babysit at least once a week

Eternal Mametchi Fan

• eternal-mametchi-fan user photo

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:31 AM ( #11 )

I don't make money; my parents just give it to me.

And then they take it away from me again.

And then they spend it.

ForeverWaiting

• foreverwaiting user photo

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:13 PM ( #12 )

Excellent question! Well I have had plenty of money making ventures over the years, I worked at a cadet camp for two years of staff and four summers before that you get a weekly "allowance" of $60 a week, ummm then I went to Univeristy and the only way I could pay for tuition fees was student loans, so my main income was that,  Yes I know I should have gotten a part time job in high school, but i was on the year book staff, and sea cadets I just didnt have enough time at the end of the day ( I felt really guilty) then I got a USRA, (an undergrad research award) and got to work in a lab for 40 hours a week for 16 weeks, best job ever. And My two supervisors are looking into hiring me on an hourly basis, so All in all I work for what I get and I can't wait to work off my debt, and support myself for the first time and not rely on student loans to do it!

Eternal Mametchi Fan

• eternal-mametchi-fan user photo

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:13 PM ( #13 )

I also spend my papa's money <_<

Happily Candied

• happily-candied user photo

Posted 14 August 2013 - 02:06 PM ( #14 )

My main job is a freelance product photographer. In other words, I take photos of items that businesses sell so they can use them to advertise their products on their websites and in their ads. I work remotely (from my home) and take on clients both locally and overseas. Most recently, I've worked with high end jewelry, toys and recreational products.

On the side, I'm also a doll and toy customizer. I carve, paint, sculpt and use various other artistic mediums to create one-of-a-kind toys to sell in my online shop. I've been working on creating a story based doll site where I advertise my custom work in story format. My photography helps illustrate the stories and the dolls/toys within them. It's been a two year project in the making so far.

• Minecraft Addict and nerdbot like this

Margareth19

• margareth19 user photo

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:05 AM ( #15 )

Because I still 13, I don't get a job. My parents give 2 USD a day. Usually I spend money for buy a drink or buy a food at school. Sometimes I save the money

neonmoo

• neonmoo user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Angelgotchi

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:53 AM ( #16 )

I have many jobs: I work part-time in a pub, Im a freelance Illustrator/graphic designer and I have a small shop where I sell the things Ive made. I dont make a lot and its not enough to be able to rent my own place, but its enough to run my car :)

Amat Gotchi

• amat-gotchi user photo
  • Group: Validating

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:03 PM ( #17 )

I get $5 a week from my mom if I clean the bathroom and do all my other chores.

My biggest income is my few-and-far-between babysitting jobs, in which I have this very generous client who pays me $50-$60 to babysit their 3 kids. It's a lucrative business when I actually do it, but it's usually only every few months.

For Christmas, my birthday, or good grades, my grandma or other relatives sometimes give me money too.