Photo

Need Help removing screws from 1997 tamagotchi

• This topic is locked

raidermegaman

• raidermegaman user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:08 PM ( #1 )

I am trying to replace the battery in a gold 1997 tamagotchi. I can not get the screws to turn at all.  I did try WD40. Anyone have any luck getting out the screws or know where to buy a Japanese screw driver?

Replies

Views

Started

24 Jul 2013

Last Post

06 Aug 2013

Brittygotchi

• brittygotchi user photo

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:54 PM ( #2 )

I had trouble with one of my P2's not too long ago. I just brought it to a jeweler and asked if they could help me out. The lady there said they usually charge for that sort of thing but did it for free anyway, and she popped the screws right out 

PiIsARational

• piisarational user photo

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:00 AM ( #3 )

Also, don't use WD40 with it.  It might leak into the screen and ruin the background.  It will also make it easier for the screwdriver to slip out and strip the screw even more.

Taking it to a jeweler or getting a high quality mini screwdriver will do the trick.

abokado

• abokado user photo

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:31 PM ( #4 )

A  JIS #0 should do the trick. I had the same problem recently, I only had a normal screwdriver at home and after I scratched the backside of my P2 (sigh) I just went and ordered one from amazon for 7 bucks. Good investment.

Bmwah

• bmwah user photo

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:26 PM ( #5 )

I had this exact problem with my P2 which arrived yesterday! Take it to a watchmenders, He only charged me £2 to open it when I couldn't open it even with my super serious screwdriver set.