Photo
- - - - -

idL Toddler Stage

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

JLou

• jlou user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:39 AM ( #1 )

Ok, so this  might be more venting than a real cry for help, but I do have a specific question, so I'll get that out there first:

Is there any way at all to influence which toddler you will get on the idL, or is it completely random?  

Because every single time I've gotten a female (which is insanely rare for me, I might add) I get Paletchi.  With out ever getting Rolutchi, there are adult characters that I will never get.  I've been playing with my idL for 9 months.  You'd think in that time, that I'd have gotten Rolutchi at least once, even assuming that it's random.

I get all excited on those rare occasions when a little girl is hatched and only to have my excitement dashed when she becomes Paletchi yet again.  I've never even had Kingyobotchi either, to be fair, but at least I could get those adult characters through the Paletchi line too.   

I'm to the point where I don't even like Paletchi anymore, which is sad because I thought she was so cute when I first got my idL.  I keep wanting to reset when she shows up, but I only have the one idL and I have worked so hard at getting all of the other characters that I don't want to lose all that work.

• anosu likes this

Replies

Views

Started

25 Jul 2013

Last Post

04 Aug 2013

oddsandendswithlove

• oddsandendswithlove user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Angelgotchi

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:56 AM ( #2 )

im having the same problem but with the boys..i keep getting the little guy with the cowboy hat. (don't know the name lol) when I first got him I thought he was the cutest thing ever but now I just cant stand seeing him lol...ive tried just about everything and the only thing I can say is if I treat the character really badly I get the cute little kukusapatchi or (fruit bowl guy lol ) but if I treat it good then it turns into that guy I was talking about <3 maybe try that then?

ichiro.malfoy

• ichiromalfoy user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:57 AM ( #3 )

According to experience, toddlers are completely random.

(Yeah I'm not a fan of Paletchi either, lol)

JLou

• jlou user photo

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:08 AM ( #4 )

According to experience, toddlers are completely random.

(Yeah I'm not a fan of Paletchi either, lol)

This is what I figured, since this time I treated the poor little Momoirotchi horribly.  I always give the babies the best care because I make sure to hatch when I have at least an hour free to play.  So I thought this time I'd ignore the poor little thing and give care misses galore to see what happened.  Didn't change a thing.  Oh well.  It's just that it's getting so frustrating.  On one hand I like part of it being random, but I don't like it when random doesn't let me get to a certain branch of adult characters at all  :angry:

ichiro.malfoy

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:19 AM ( #5 )

I use the reset trick to get the toddlers I need if I'm aiming for a specific adult.

1) A few minutes before the baby evolves I make it connect to another iD L so it would save data.

2) After connecting, wait for it to evolve. 

3A) If it evolves into a toddler I like, life goes on :D or

3B) If it evolves into a toddler I don't like, I just push the reset button, select Load. It will revert back to the saved data from Step 1.

4) Repeat steps 2-3A/3B until you get the desired toddler.

I remember someone from TamaTalk posting this idea before, can't remember who it was though... argh memory problems  :huh:

JLou

• jlou user photo

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:55 AM ( #6 )

I use the reset trick to get the toddlers I need if I'm aiming for a specific adult.

1) A few minutes before the baby evolves I make it connect to another iD L so it would save data.

3B) If it evolves into a toddler I don't like, I just push the reset button, select Load. It will revert back to the saved data from Step 1.

I remember someone from TamaTalk posting this idea before, can't remember who it was though... argh memory problems  :huh:

That is brilliant!  I will have to try that next time.  I have a couple of P's I could use for connecting with.  Thanks!

tamagotchialice

• tamagotchialice user photo

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:49 PM ( #7 )

Paletchi is best care..you must have like 2 or 3 care misses to get Rolutchi, I think. I dont think its random on Colours. :3

ichiro.malfoy

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:58 PM ( #8 )

Paletchi is best care..you must have like 2 or 3 care misses to get Rolutchi, I think. I dont think its random on Colours. :3

Interesting. I got Paletchi just by leaving the baby unattended for the full hour. :P

JLou

• jlou user photo

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:07 PM ( #9 )

Interesting. I got Paletchi just by leaving the baby unattended for the full hour. :P

That's exactly what I did as well -- so it must not be based on care misses.  I've taken perfect care, mediocre care, and abysmal care and still consistently get Paletchi every time I have a female.  I will definitely be trying the connecting to save and then downloading next time until I get Rolutchi. I hate "cheating" the system, but I would really like to progress!  That being said, I'll probably get boy babies the next five generations  :D

ichiro.malfoy

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:35 AM ( #10 )

I use the same method to get the gender I wanted as well. When I was close to completing my Tamatomo seals (back then I only needed two females) so I can't take chances.

I do a connection before getting married to save data and do the reset/load cycle if a boy character is hatched. 

JLou

• jlou user photo

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:58 PM ( #11 )

I use the same method to get the gender I wanted as well. When I was close to completing my Tamatomo seals (back then I only needed two females) so I can't take chances.

I do a connection before getting married to save data and do the reset/load cycle if a boy character is hatched. 

I was wondering if it would work for that too!  I figured it would.  Thanks for confirming it! 

tamaninjacat

• tamaninjacat user photo

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:36 AM ( #12 )

I found the topic here: http://www.tamatalk....ddler-you-want/

ichiro.malfoy

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:59 PM ( #13 )

I found the topic here: http://www.tamatalk....ddler-you-want/

Alrighty! Credits to EMF for the trick :D

tamafan325

• tamafan325 user photo

Posted 04 August 2013 - 01:17 PM ( #14 )

i think you can influence the toddler you get, because when i took perfect care of a baby character, i got paletchi, but when i took less care of it(letting food bowls go 2 or one, then feeding it, letting happy meter go down half, then make it happy) i got kingyobotchi