idL Toddler Stage

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JLou

Reaction score
Ok, so this might be more venting than a real cry for help, but I do have a specific question, so I'll get that out there first:

Is there any way at all to influence which toddler you will get on the idL, or is it completely random?

Because every single time I've gotten a female (which is insanely rare for me, I might add) I get Paletchi. With out ever getting Rolutchi, there are adult characters that I will never get. I've been playing with my idL for 9 months. You'd think in that time, that I'd have gotten Rolutchi at least once, even assuming that it's random.

I get all excited on those rare occasions when a little girl is hatched and only to have my excitement dashed when she becomes Paletchi yet again. I've never even had Kingyobotchi either, to be fair, but at least I could get those adult characters through the Paletchi line too.

I'm to the point where I don't even like Paletchi anymore, which is sad because I thought she was so cute when I first got my idL. I keep wanting to reset when she shows up, but I only have the one idL and I have worked so hard at getting all of the other characters that I don't want to lose all that work.

im having the same problem but with the boys..i keep getting the little guy with the cowboy hat. (don't know the name lol) when I first got him I thought he was the cutest thing ever but now I just cant stand seeing him lol...ive tried just about everything and the only thing I can say is if I treat the character really badly I get the cute little kukusapatchi or (fruit bowl guy lol ) but if I treat it good then it turns into that guy I was talking about <3 maybe try that then?

According to experience, toddlers are completely random.

(Yeah I'm not a fan of Paletchi either, lol)

Last edited by a moderator:
According to experience, toddlers are completely random.

(Yeah I'm not a fan of Paletchi either, lol)
This is what I figured, since this time I treated the poor little Momoirotchi horribly. I always give the babies the best care because I make sure to hatch when I have at least an hour free to play. So I thought this time I'd ignore the poor little thing and give care misses galore to see what happened. Didn't change a thing. Oh well. It's just that it's getting so frustrating. On one hand I like part of it being random, but I don't like it when random doesn't let me get to a certain branch of adult characters at all :angry:

I use the reset trick to get the toddlers I need if I'm aiming for a specific adult.

1) A few minutes before the baby evolves I make it connect to another iD L so it would save data.

2) After connecting, wait for it to evolve.

3A) If it evolves into a toddler I like, life goes on :D or

3B) If it evolves into a toddler I don't like, I just push the reset button, select Load. It will revert back to the saved data from Step 1.

4) Repeat steps 2-3A/3B until you get the desired toddler.

I remember someone from TamaTalk posting this idea before, can't remember who it was though... argh memory problems :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
I use the reset trick to get the toddlers I need if I'm aiming for a specific adult.

1) A few minutes before the baby evolves I make it connect to another iD L so it would save data.

3B) If it evolves into a toddler I don't like, I just push the reset button, select Load. It will revert back to the saved data from Step 1.

I remember someone from TamaTalk posting this idea before, can't remember who it was though... argh memory problems :huh:
That is brilliant! I will have to try that next time. I have a couple of P's I could use for connecting with. Thanks!

Paletchi is best care..you must have like 2 or 3 care misses to get Rolutchi, I think. I dont think its random on Colours. :3

Interesting. I got Paletchi just by leaving the baby unattended for the full hour. :p
That's exactly what I did as well -- so it must not be based on care misses. I've taken perfect care, mediocre care, and abysmal care and still consistently get Paletchi every time I have a female. I will definitely be trying the connecting to save and then downloading next time until I get Rolutchi. I hate "cheating" the system, but I would really like to progress! That being said, I'll probably get boy babies the next five generations :D

I use the same method to get the gender I wanted as well. When I was close to completing my Tamatomo seals (back then I only needed two females) so I can't take chances.

I do a connection before getting married to save data and do the reset/load cycle if a boy character is hatched.

I use the same method to get the gender I wanted as well. When I was close to completing my Tamatomo seals (back then I only needed two females) so I can't take chances.

I do a connection before getting married to save data and do the reset/load cycle if a boy character is hatched.
I was wondering if it would work for that too! I figured it would. Thanks for confirming it!

I found the topic here: https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/topic/180845-id-l-how-to-get-the-toddler-you-want/

i think you can influence the toddler you get, because when i took perfect care of a baby character, i got paletchi, but when i took less care of it(letting food bowls go 2 or one, then feeding it, letting happy meter go down half, then make it happy) i got kingyobotchi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back