Photo
- - - - -

Gigapets - How long do they last?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Eternal Mametchi Fan

• eternal-mametchi-fan user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:03 AM ( #1 )

Surprisingly, I had a Gigapet several years before a Tamagotchi but I barely remember it.  I got it brand new for Christmas.  I think it had a dinosaur... Anyhow, all I know is I hated it and it soon broke.  I don't know when.  It could have been a week or a month, but are Giga Pets usually that junky?  I didn't mistreat it or anything.

Replies

Views

Started

26 Jul 2013

Last Post

26 Jul 2013

LittleChocoWolf

• littlechocowolf user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:42 AM ( #2 )

Gigapets are nice but they are REALLY needy and sensitive. Little things you do can make them die. :P

robodog

• robodog user photo

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:45 AM ( #3 )

Giga Pets don't seem as well made as Tamas. I've heard way more stories of Gigas that no longer function correctly than I have vintage Tamas. And from all I've heard of them they are notoriously difficult to care for. I had a Jurassic Park Giga that wasn't so bad though.

nightspiritwings

• nightspiritwings user photo

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:54 PM ( #4 )

Giga Pets don't seem as well made as Tamas. I've heard way more stories of Gigas that no longer function correctly than I have vintage Tamas. And from all I've heard of them they are notoriously difficult to care for. I had a Jurassic Park Giga that wasn't so bad though.

All my giga pets work perfectly :x and they are vintage, some new in package some very VERY used

robodog

• robodog user photo

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:35 PM ( #5 )

I guess I heard wrong then. I don't have much experience with Giga Pets. I only had a couple back in the day and the only one I really liked was the Jurassic Park one. The other two, Yoda and Small Soldiers, I could never figure out. I may get another Jurassic Park one someday.

Midorime

• midorime user photo

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:48 PM ( #6 )

I think the most common problem with Gigas were the speakers dying on them. I never had any problems with mine, though. But then again I take good care of all of my pets.