What are the new giga pets?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamacass

Reaction score
I heard some stuff about the new giga pets and I have some questions:

• What difference does it make to the original Giga pet?
  • Can you post a pic of it?
  • how bad is it?
-Tamacass

The new Giga Pets (not really new anymore, I think they were made in 2006 or something) are pretty lame.

They have a cheap plastic feeling on the outside and aren't small like the original giga pets or even the size of a connection.

It's a bit bigger because you could plug it into this little gaming console and you could play with it on your TV.

It doesn't die. Therefore there isn't really a point to it. You can feed it and take it for walks and what not.

I'm trying to remember since it's been several years since I had one.

I would buy one for about $5. Do not spend more. They are not worth it.

This is the one that I had

hasbro_giga_pets_hand_held_game_puffball_reviews_290069_300.jpg

Cheap feeling plastic seems to be common in Hasbro's lines recently. Most FurReal Friends animals I've had felt like they were made out of cheap, thin plastic. Even the really expensive ones like Cookie the dog. And even though most of the 2012 Furbys seemed fairly solid I had a couple that had a really cheap feel to them like they were made of a worse quality plastic than the others.​

The animations and pixels were cute... But my Pixie seemed to get sick easily if you didn't care for her much. She lived in the school option for a good chunk of the day. I still enjoy her company every once and a while, but over all, needing something. I don't like how the bottom is very exposed to just about anything. You could really ruin that if you don't cover it with tape or something.

I got the Giga Pet Tomcat from my boyfriend for my birthday and I have to say that I enjoyed it a lot. It looks pretty much like the Littlest Pet Shop electronic pets, the animations and activities are similar, but it has a few hidden locations, you can find some burried stuff during walks, you can also leave your pet at some kind of pet school for the time you are at school / work. It gains personality points and earns money. You have to buy food and toys for it. Idk why most people dislike them, I like my kitty a lot. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it is! Plus it has that uh, some kind of docking station that you can connect with your TV and play games and other stuff, idk how it exactly works. :)

I have the docking station for this line, as well as the scorpion, hamster, and dragon lizard. They're fun if you're looking for a different kind of v-pet, that's for sure. When I don't have time to run a more "complete" v-pet, I sometimes run these.

The docking station allows you to raise a dog, monkey, or panda and transfer items over to your handheld. There's a bit of adventuring involved in the docking station too. Simple but fun in a way. :)

WarOmnimon! Can you, please tell me where to find evil / good / etc. areas? Cause I've been looking EVERYWHERE and couldn't find them! I mean, without the docking station, just in the handheld. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back