Can't get universals on v4.5.?!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

9x3f4e

Reaction score
Hi! A few days ago I decided to start up again my v4.5. I want to get universals because: I'm most for Entama and I dislike most of the Ura characters. So, I have been trying with hyperspeed mode to get universals ( note that my Tamagotchi is a conneXion JinSei, people say that those can' t be debugged, but I debugged it in a difficult way... ;- ) ) and the only thing that I didn't got is universal characters! I kept reseting all the time! I took the most ( on purpose ) worst care I have ever take, and look: Shirotsubutchi -> Kutchitamatchi -> Yra young Yattachi!? After the reset.. Tsubutchi -> Kutchitamatchi -> Kometchi?! After the reset... Tsubutchi -> Kutchitamatchi -> Daiyatchi! After... Shirotsubutchi -> Kuribotchi -> Ura young Violetchi ( about that one it might be ok, because to get a universal teen you must get the worst care toddler, whitch is kutchitamatchi ). Also all the skill points were zero. What's wrong? I can' t understand... Also, off hyperspeed, I took good care of my Kutchitamatchi, zero skill points and Ura young Yattachi!? I took great care, then I should have get Ura young Memetchi! The v4.5 must be the most bugged version? What's Up? :-/

I'm pretty sure that the amount of care doesn't effect what you get in the first gen.

Universals or others characters exist! A universal character in a v4.5 is called a bad care character and it is an Entama! Take a look at here: https://tamalovvee.bloog.pl/id,6070664,title,TamaAa,index.html?smoybbtticaid=6110fa In the Tug-of-war game, I have caught them a lot of times! Actually, the Japanese v4.5. don't have universals. The v4.5. was supposed to have also the Bikkuri family. This family is available only in Japan, Bandai removed this family for American, European and English Tamagotchis and replaced it with a family of universals Entama characters. *If I'm wrong at something, correct me*

Actually, there are no universal characters on the V4.5. You can even check the growth chart here: https://tamagotchi-time.weebly.com/tamagotchi-evolution-charts.html

i heard you get universal characters when your total of skills is lower than 60

The way you obtain the Universal characters on the V4.5 is different to that of the V4.

I may be a little rusty since I haven't played with either for some time now, but from memory, on the V4 you obtain the Universal characters through bad care and low skill points (which is the method that you're also applying to the V4.5, and is not working).

On the V4.5, you cannot obtain a Universal character in the first two generations. You must first obtain an Elder character (generation 1), mate it with another Elder character and then receive Oyajitchi (generation 2), and then marry off Oyajitchi to any character and begin generation 3. On this third generation you are able to receive Universal characters. I'm not sure if you can also receive regular Ura characters from Oyajitchi (memory says no, but I could be wrong). Just in case, you may want to also take bad care and keep the skill points low. I seem to remember many people complaining about how hard it was to get Violetchi and Gozarutchi... I only remember one person getting them on Tama Zone through extreme bad care and very low skill points (with them slightly raised in the Strength category).

Good luck! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The way you obtain the Universal characters on the V4.5 is different to that of the V4.

I may be a little rusty since I haven't played with either for some time now, but from memory, on the V4 you obtain the Universal characters through bad care and low skill points (which is the method that you're also applying to the V4.5, and is not working).

On the V4.5, you cannot obtain a Universal character in the first two generations. You must first obtain an Elder character (generation 1), mate it with another Elder character and then receive Oyajitchi (generation 2), and then marry off Oyajitchi to any character and begin generation 3. On this third generation you are able to receive Universal characters. I'm not sure if you can also receive regular Ura characters from Oyajitchi (memory says no, but I could be wrong). Just in case, you may want to also take bad care and keep the skill points low. I seem to remember many people complaining about how hard it was to get Violetchi and Gozarutchi... I only remember one person getting them on Tama Zone through extreme bad care and very low skill points (with them slightly raised in the Strength category).

Now I'm on 2nd generation with Kujakutchi. If I let it envolve to an oldie and I marry it and then I move to 3rd gen., will I be able to obtain universals? Or I have to reset it? If finnaly I obtain Ojitchi, and marry him with Otokitchi ( on a v4 ), will I be able to get universals then? I mean, does it matter if you don't marry him with a v4.5.? Because I have a single v4.5.

Now I'm on 2nd generation with Kujakutchi. If I let him envolve to Ojitchi and marry him to move on the 3rd gen., then will I be able to get universals? Or I have to reset it and do all the things you said? Also, because I have a single v4.5., if I marry Ojitchi with a Otokitchi who is on a v4, will it matter? Or I have to marry him with an other v4.5.?

that just doesn't sound like it's real, it sounds like one of those things people make up, lol :p

Though most of what you say is completely accurate, the only part I disagree with is the fact that you can't get ura characters from the offspring of Oyajitchi. In fact, I was so certain that once I got my universal toddler, that I could just sit back and wait for it to become whatever universal I wanted. HOWEVER, once it evolved into a ura-violetchi teen (even though it was a universal toddler), I realized you could easy bump a universal toddler into the ura character groups if you ignored/neglected it too much. It really sucks because it takes a lot of work to even get to that point only to start over.

You must first obtain an Elder character (generation 1), mate it with another Elder character and then receive Oyajitchi (generation 2), and then marry off Oyajitchi to any character and begin generation 3. On this third generation you are able to receive Universal characters. I'm not sure if you can also receive regular Ura characters from Oyajitchi (memory says no, but I could be wrong). Just in case, you may want to also take bad care and keep the skill points low

Now I'm on 2nd generation with Kujakutchi. If I let it envolve to an oldie and I marry it and then I move to 3rd gen., will I be able to obtain universals? Or I have to reset it? If finnaly I obtain Ojitchi, and marry him with Otokitchi ( on a v4 ), will I be able to get universals then? I mean, does it matter if you don't marry him with a v4.5.? Because I have a single v4.5.
This should work fine. It doesn't matter what generation you start from (you could begin the process on Generation 6, and have Universals by Generation 8, for example). Also, it shouldn't matter if you marry your Ojitchi to an Otokitchi on a V4. You don't need two V4.5's in order for this to work.

that just doesn't sound like it's real, it sounds like one of those things people make up, lol :p
I agree it is a rather odd way to obtain them, but it's Bandai's method, not mine.

Though most of what you say is completely accurate, the only part I disagree with is the fact that you can't get ura characters from the offspring of Oyajitchi. In fact, I was so certain that once I got my universal toddler, that I could just sit back and wait for it to become whatever universal I wanted. HOWEVER, once it evolved into a ura-violetchi teen (even though it was a universal toddler), I realized you could easy bump a universal toddler into the ura character groups if you ignored/neglected it too much. It really sucks because it takes a lot of work to even get to that point only to start over.
Thank you for clearing that up; like I said in my post, I wasn't 100% sure that you could not get Ura characters from Universal characters. I myself have never attempted getting a Universal character on the V4.5, this is just the method that I'm aware of how to get them. So, in your case, bad care of a Universal got you a Ura character? So you'd recommend taking good care of the Universal characters to remain getting Universal characters?

Thank you for clearing that up; like I said in my post, I wasn't 100% sure that you could not get Ura characters from Universal characters. I myself have never attempted getting a Universal character on the V4.5, this is just the method that I'm aware of how to get them. So, in your case, bad care of a Universal got you a Ura character? So you'd recommend taking good care of the Universal characters to remain getting Universal characters?
I will note, this was quite awhile ago, so I may be rusty on my info.

I would say yes. I only attempted a universal run twice on my two v4.5s at the time (their parents were the oldies that birthed them), The first time universal to ura was a complete accident and the second was intentional. Like I said before, I took bad care of my universal toddler and got an ura teen. (Ura-violetchi to be precise). So once this happened, I popped some batteries into my other v4.5 that had an Oyajitchi and breed him with a mate from the matchmaker. I got ANOTHER universal toddler when that one grew up, so I did the same with the previous and took bad care. I ended up with ANOTHER ura-violetchi when it evolved into a teen. After that point, I kinda gave up on my tamas but I think it's a fair conclusion to come to that you can get ura characters from bad care of universals. Kinda like on the v4, you can get universals from bad care/low skills.

Also, to note and speculate, I don't think you can keep getting universals generation after generation. It seems to rely on the breeding oldtimers and getting Oyajitchi to mate with another tama (be it from another tama or the matchmaker).

If anyone has any genuine interests, I can raise a pair of old timers on my v4.5s so I can attempt universals again. I won't be able to stringently record the experiment, but I'd be more than happy to share what info I can gather while doing it including pictures and video if need be.

Also, to note and speculate, I don't think you can keep getting universals generation after generation. It seems to rely on the breeding oldtimers and getting Oyajitchi to mate with another tama (be it from another tama or the matchmaker).
Actually, now that you mention that, I seem to remember a friend of mine who DID get the Universals on the V4.5, was "stuck" in them (from your methods, presumably from good care). I seem to recall them complaining that they'd had eight straight generations of Universal characters, when all they wanted was a Ura one again.

Perhaps it doesn't rely on care to get into the Universal family, but it does to get out of them?

Actually, now that you mention that, I seem to remember a friend of mine who DID get the Universals on the V4.5, was "stuck" in them (from your methods, presumably from good care). I seem to recall them complaining that they'd had eight straight generations of Universal characters, when all they wanted was a Ura one again.

Perhaps it doesn't rely on care to get into the Universal family, but it does to get out of them?
Hmm, like you said, it's possible that the ONLY way to break away from universal is giving bad care. My experience with v4.5 universals is very limited so it's entirely possible that I'm mistaken. It's unfortunate with what limited info we have that we can't give definite answers but I think, overall we are both on the right track. It's funny how easy it is to get universals on v4s, but a total pain to get them on v4.5s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back