Received a used iD L (was listed as new) :(

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jennchi

Reaction score
I received my id l and was so excited and everything, but when i looked at the packaging the tapes on the side were open, the tamagotchi has scratches on the plate and the silver ring, there was "fur" coming out of the corner of the screen and a tiny slot in the back was open(a little plastic cover in the battery compartment) and this tamagotchi was listed as a new tama.

heres the feedback page on the seller: https://feedback.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=hhh_mz1&ftab=AllFeedback&rt=nc&myworld=true

:( what should i do?

i thought it was strange since everyone is saying good things about theirs on the feedback page..

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that sucks.

The only thing you can do is message them and see if they'll refund your or what not.

If not you can just leave negative feedback and/or take it up with ebay.

I've never really had a problem before, so I can't say. lol

That's so strange! I've purchased many things from this seller before and all of them have been NIB for me.

Perhaps it was a simple misunderstanding? I would contact the seller directly first. I've had a case where a product was listed as in good condition, but when I received the package, there was scratches all over. The seller gave me a 60%? refund for that product.

Usually sellers are VERY keen on feedback. They should be willing to help you, or you can always open a case with eBay and/or give negative feedback. I've heard that sellers always aim for 99.6% or greater. Seeing as this seller has a100% Feedback score (and several transactions!), you could assume that they want to create a good selling experience.

Try contacting them first and go from there!

I bought from this seller before and they all came in great shape...I think you should message him and ask about it. I think he will be co-operative cause he always seemed to have no problem fixing any problems <3

bought from that seller also, and as for me, everything was just as it was described, NIB or slightly used, but well cared for, I suggest you talk to the Seller, and see if you misunderstood the description? the seller could have gotten the orders mixed up...

I've bought from him as well and never had problems. It's possible it was just a mistake--maybe they had a few ID Ls lying around and grabbed the wrong one (it happens!) Either way, definitely message them. Most sellers are willing to make things right, especially someone like them with great feedback.

If it doesn't work, though, then you can take it up through Paypal/Ebay. They almost always side with buyer (for better or worse). If you take pictures and show them what it looks like compared to what the listing says, there's a very good chance you will get your money back.

Either way, I wouldn't be too worried; you'll more than likely get everything back.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions and replies! i just finished cleaning it. it has less scratches and no more dirt and "fur" o_O. I was thinking about returning it but then i realized that i used a visa gift card to buy the tama. i also dont use paypal because it charges me a dollar everytime i use it, and end up with not enough money to buy what i want. i am sure i did not misread the description https://www.ebay.ca/itm/310703242077?redirect=mobile the seller was also selling only two of the white tamas so i dont think it got mixed up. the only decision i have is to deal with it. it functions properly.. i think. the buttons arent as responsive, is that normal? and if anyone has suggestions on how to make ur tama look newer, it would be great! ^_^ and heres a video i did, kind of reviewing the tama itself

//www.tamatalk.com/IB/applications/core/interface/js/spacer.png

tell them it was used. if they don't do anything to refund or send you the proper one leave negative feedback, and open a paypal claim and list that the item wasn't as described.

you can still get a refund even if you used a gift card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back