- - - - -

What's your favourite book?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

• ra user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:12 AM ( #18 )

"Mists of Avalon" by Marion Zimmer Bradley.

It is a 1983 novel by Marion Zimmer Bradley, in which she relates the Arthurian legends from the perspective of the female characters. The book follows the trajectory of Morgaine (often called Morgan le Fay in other works), a priestess fighting to save her matriarchal Celtic culture in a country where patriarchal Christianity threatens to destroy the pagan way of life. In stark contrast to most other retellings of the Arthurian tales, which consistently cast Morgan le Fay as a distant, one-dimensional evil sorceress, with little or no explanation given for her antagonism to the Round Table, Morgaine is presented as a woman with unique gifts and responsibilities at a time of enormous political and spiritual upheaval who is called upon to defend her indigenous matriarchal heritage against impossible odds.

There was also a TV miniseries made:

• saitohitomi user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:41 AM ( #19 )

I'd have to say it's a tie between Memoirs of a Geisha and the Call of Cthulhu. :)

Franny Samba

• franny-samba user photo

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:03 PM ( #20 )

My favorite book(s) are the Chronicles of Narnia collection, specifically The Horse and His Boy.
I just think they're really well written and I like the themes that the book explores.

It's not often The Horse and His Boy is chosen as a fave, it's very different to the rest.
Still a great read though, but my fave out of the series lies with The Magicians Nephew, I thought it was hugely entertaining.

• tamastar133 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Angelgotchi

Posted 30 January 2014 - 07:41 PM ( #21 )

I love reading many books! I have many of my favorites such as: Dork Diaries, (I don't know if Fruits Baskets counts but meh i'll add it there) Fruits Basket, Middle School Get me out of here , Walk two Moons, Lair & Spy and many more! :D but of all I would have to stick with Dork Diaries ;)

• sonicblades user photo

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:20 PM ( #22 )

My favorite book is one I read in high school called The Lathe of Heaven. It's about a man whose dreams alter reality and a doctor who tries to use the man to shape the world into what he wants it to be. It's a really neat book and pretty creepy at times. I need to track it down so I can read it again. The movie adaptation of it (at least the one I saw) is terrible. It changed way too much.

• minwa user photo

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:49 AM ( #23 )

My favorite two books are Eon by Alison Goodman and Heir to Sevenwaters (Sevenwaters #4) by Juliet Marillier.

I really love them to death *^*

• skitty8 user photo

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:00 PM ( #24 )

Warriors to the MAAAAX! It's my favorite, by far. I love it so much. I'm obsessed. :3

• Eternal Mametchi Fan likes this

Amat Gotchi

• amat-gotchi user photo
  • Group: Validating

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:01 PM ( #25 )

One of them would have to be The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie.

• pango user photo
  • Group: Members+Limited

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:41 PM ( #26 )

Me: Technically, my human friend, Danielle Bowden, loves "1001 Fun Ways to Play". It always gives her ideas on making up different activities to do with her toy friends.