Tamagotchi Batteries

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

John Len

Reaction score
I have a few questions about my new tamagotchi I bought off ebay, it's a v3. I was wondering if the batteries will be any good, it's a pretty old tama, should I buy new ones for it? I remember as a kid only replacing the little batterie, should I replace the big and small one? Sorry I have lots of questions, I'm just getting back into tamas, but I have a Tama-Go :D

What do you mean "big" and "small" battery? Most modern English tamas (with the exception of the tama-go), use one CR2032 battery. it lasts a couple months unless you connect them a lot with other tamas. You can buy them in most big box stores or any store specializing in batteries or electronics. I personally buy mine in bulk from Ebay since I like to have plenty of batteries on hand.

Well I don't really know, I just remember there was a little and big batterie, maybe I just have a bad memory.

Do you mean "little" as in size AAA and "big" as in size AA? The Version 3 does not use cylinder shaped batteries; it uses the kind of batteries that look like coins. There are also tiny coin batteries and big coin batteries, which is probably what you are referring to. Vintage ones take tiny coin batteries but Connections take the larger kind "CR2032" as jzwolf stated.

Do you mean "little" as in size AAA and "big" as in size AA? The Version 3 does not use cylinder shaped batteries; it uses the kind of batteries that look like coins. There are also tiny coin batteries and big coin batteries, which is probably what you are referring to. Vintage ones take tiny coin batteries but Connections take the larger kind "CR2032" as jzwolf stated.
Most vintage ones take two LR44s. I own a ton of those too. :p

By "little" batteries, you might be thinking of these cell batteries.

96.jpg

The V3 will take these batteries; they are a little flatter and bigger. They look like so:

96.jpg

Does this help?

Do you think I should replace the batteries when I get the new v3?

It's hard to say. Is the Tamagotchi new in box?

If the batteries work in your new Tamagotchi, you can usually use them without fear. The newer Tamagotchis (Connections, etc) are able to retain some save data even when the batteries die. That said, there are some cases where the battery leaks due to corrosion. Watch out for that!

I would replace the batteries just to be safe, even if the tama is unopened. Batteries are fairly cheap, so it doesn't hurt to buy new ones and not have to risk corrosion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back