Pausing my V3

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

John Len

Reaction score
So when get my new v3 in the mail, I'm just wondering when I pause it will it change the time on the tamagotchi, if I set the time 1:00 and pause for an hour and unpause it will it still be 1:00?

I have another question, should I replace the batterie when I get it? because it's almost 8 years old.

I would replace the battery. And the clock on a v3 always runs when it is on. if you pause, the clock will still run but it makes the growth slow down.

Thank you, I don't bother me that the growth slows down, but will it affect my age?

I would replace the battery. And the clock on a v3 always runs when it is on. if you pause, the clock will still run but it makes the growth slow down.
will it affect my age?

When paused the time is not affected but the growth of your tama Is. Lest say you start it up at about 12 noon. Then at 1:05 pm your baby evovles. Then you pause it for an hour. Your toddler will then evolve at 2:05 not 1:05pm. The growth is stunted for as long as you have it paused. I hope this helps!!

Also I would change th battery before you start it up, if you start it up then change the battery your tama will be saved to the last important event ( evolutions) and the age may or may not be decreased by one. (For mine the age is always decreased by one, a pain in the butt)

It takes aproximately 24 hours for a tamagotchi to age 1 year, though this varies between each tamagotchi. But if you pause for an hour, it will take 25 hours for your tama to age, and 2 hours is 26 hours, and so on and so forth.

I believe your physical age counter will continue to tick. This makes it possible to have a baby that is much older than it actually is. (I.E.- A baby that is 20 years old, or a toddler that is 40 years old and so on.)

I believe your physical age counter will continue to tick. This makes it possible to have a baby that is much older than it actually is. (I.E.- A baby that is 20 years old, or a toddler that is 40 years old and so on.)
Wait...so do you mean that when the Tamagotchi is paused the age will keep going up? (So if I left my V3 paused for a week it would be about 7 Tama-years older than before?)

Because I'm not sure that's true. I've never experienced it before, anyway. For me, if I remember correctly, my V3 would stay the same age when I paused it as when I unpaused it.

Wait...so do you mean that when the Tamagotchi is paused the age will keep going up? (So if I left my V3 paused for a week it would be about 7 Tama-years older than before?)

Because I'm not sure that's true. I've never experienced it before, anyway. For me, if I remember correctly, my V3 would stay the same age when I paused it as when I unpaused it.
I recall inadvertently pausing my tama for an entire weekend. (I had worked a lot and had a ton of projects to do for college so I completely forgot about my tama.) Even though it was suppose to grow up on Saturday, it never did but the age counter still ticked over appropriately. I want to say this was on my v2, because the buttons on that one were always so sensitive. I rarely pause my tamas purposely, so that's pretty much my only experience with "extended" pausing.

I want to say this happened sometime this past April-May, so although it wasn't recent, I remember it because it totally messed me up on judging when the matchmaker was suppose to come. So maybe it's a version thing? Or someone that pauses their tamas for long periods of time can clarify?

I recall inadvertently pausing my tama for an entire weekend. (I had worked a lot and had a ton of projects to do for college so I completely forgot about my tama.) Even though it was suppose to grow up on Saturday, it never did but the age counter still ticked over appropriately. I want to say this was on my v2, because the buttons on that one were always so sensitive. I rarely pause my tamas purposely, so that's pretty much my only experience with "extended" pausing.

I want to say this happened sometime this past April-May, so although it wasn't recent, I remember it because it totally messed me up on judging when the matchmaker was suppose to come. So maybe it's a version thing? Or someone that pauses their tamas for long periods of time can clarify?
I pause my Tamagotchis for a really long time pretty often, and I've never seen that happen. Maybe it has to do with the versions (I've never taken note of either occurrence on my V2, but I have paused my V3 all the time and never seen it age while on pause), or maybe what you witnessed was a glitch? Cause I don't think that's supposed to happen.

Is it possible for anyone else to clarify this one way or the other?

I pause my Tamagotchis for a really long time pretty often, and I've never seen that happen. Maybe it has to do with the versions (I've never taken note of either occurrence on my V2, but I have paused my V3 all the time and never seen it age while on pause), or maybe what you witnessed was a glitch? Cause I don't think that's supposed to happen.

Is it possible for anyone else to clarify this one way or the other?
Hmm, well I don't doubt you are right. If anything, it was probably a glitch. I might start up the same v2 that borked on the age, get it set up to experiment then pause it for the next couple days or so. I'll keep a record of the start up time, record the current evolution stage, and record how long I kept it paused. I will NOT unpause it during this time for any reason so it doesn't tick over the age accidentally. When the experiment is "over", I'll unpause at the same time it had evolved into a toddler and check the age status. Since this is encroaching on "o/t", I'll make another post with my findings and provide pictures as proof.

Though, if it was a glitch, it's entirely possible I can't replicate it but I don't mind testing it. Sound fair enough? I'm actually really curious to see if it was a fluke or something because I tried to find answers across many tamagotchi forums about this issue with no luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back