"Wait, THOSE are the lyrics!?"

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

x.//StoryTeller//.x

Reaction score
Yeah so I'm sure we've all heard a song and just sang what we heard. Most of the time we end up getting the lyrics wrong. Sometimes that can be pretty hysterical.

So none of y'all are gonna know any of the following songs 'cause I grew up with 80s and country.

But I was on a spree of my childhood songs today, and realized how much I butchered the lyrics.

We Built This City, Jefferson Starship. I always thought the lyrics were "Macaroni plays the mamba". I remember hearing that and even looking it up. HA NO. That kid's name was not freaking Macaroni. My little kid self read "Marconi" wrong.

Also, Red Dirt Road, Brooks 'N Dunn. I thought the line was "There's nothing orange on that red dirt road". Makes sense, yeah? orange is close to red on the color spectrum. There ain't no orange on that red road. This baby is one pure red road.

That may be true, but there's also "life at both ends on that red dirt road". My dad laughed at me when I sang orange.

Oh yeah, and I always heard the line "I found the path to heaven, it's full of sinners and believers", as "sinners and the beavers". Hey, countryside's gotta have beavers right?

And my mom pointed out that I sang that all the time when I was three. I was singing about my first beer and wrecking my first car when I was three. Oh, childhood.

Tell me your funny lyric mistake. You know you have one. Don't deny it, man.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, when I listen to the Tamagotchi song from Tamagotchi: The Movie, the last phrase in the chorus sounds like, "We're gonna show you homicide, we're gonna be friends with Tamagotchi!" I actually know the first part of that sentence is incorrect but it is strange how it sounds like that to me. I still haven't worked out what the real lyrics are for that part.

In Barbie Girl, I always thought that Barbie said "Imagination, Nike is your creation!" when it's LIFE is your creation. I still get that wrong sometimes..

With basically every song I hear, I butcher the lyrics.

I basically make up the lyrics because I can't tell what they're saying. Then I watch the lyric video and I'm like, WHAT!

In the song "Radioactive" by Imagine Dragons, I always thought they said "Ready to Rock it" instead of "Radioactive" XD

Also, in "Empire State Of Mind" by Alicia Keys, I always thought they said this,

Concrete Jungle

Wet Dream

Tomato

This is what it actually said:

Concrete Jungle

Where Dreams

Are made of

so in Dynamite by China Anne Mcclain, I thought she sang " i'm wearing all my favourite friends, friends, friends " but apparently she sang " I'm wearing all my favourite brands, brands, brands " XDD

what's loooove got to do, got to do with iiit

what's looove

aaaand souja boy

Well for 'See You Again' by Miley Cyrus, I remember I always used to sing

'it was a saturday, you asked me what I'm thinkin' bout'

when it's actually

'I st-st-stuttered when you asked me what I'm thinkin' bout'

I sang this for many years before looking up the lyrics this year. :p

Oh geeze I have a couple really stupidmisheard lyrics.

Green Days 'Holiday' I thought a line was "Do you wanna fax that donut crave"... I'm not gunna write the real lyric cuz it's not appropriate.

Also Fall Out Boys 'Fame > Infamy' I thought a line was "I'm a writing man, but I'm better with a pen"... I'm not gunna write the real lyric for that one either cuz it's also not appropriate

"Islands" by Hey Ocean!

Thought it was:

We could build an island, you and I could set the tides out.

It actually is:

We could build an island, you and I could swim beside.

lol

"Hot Air Balloon" by Owl City.

I understood all the lyrics except:

"I lit a match and let it catch

To light up the room."

I thought it was:

"A little mashed-in leather couch

To lighten the mood."

Failure.

Oh, I almost forgot.

There was a song that went something like "Calling occupants of interplanetary craft" and I thought it said "Calling all kittens of interplanetary crap."

As I'm not a native english speaker with poor understanding of spoken english, I ALWAYS mishear the lyrics or just can't make up of what they say most of the time. To add to that, the only singer I listen to has weird accent (he knows many languages and is Cuban, so ya know) so in two of his songs, namely "Blue Eyed Matador" and "On the Road" he repeatedly says "I lay". I always though he says Ole. It would make sense on Blue Eyed Matador, sure, but it was "I lay, I lay, I lay my eyes on the Devil", so yeah.

When I first heard Barbara Bailey Hutchison sing "Snuggle Up", I thought I heard her sing "You're warm and safe in my own way so snuggle up, snuggle up" when that line was actually "You're warm and safe in my embrace so snuggle up, snuggle up".

When Lovelitchi sings 'Lovely Melody' I thought she was singing "Never never never never never be gay" >w<!

In the Tschoopapa Tamagotchi song by Sqeezer, I though they said, "Gets my Gotchi right to sleep at night" when it's actually "Yes my Gotchi won't get no sleep tonight."

I also misheard "Come and get it" as "Come again".

When Lovelitchi sings 'Lovely Melody' I thought she was singing "Never never never never never be gay" >w<!
That song is actually called "Lovely Day" or "Every Lovely". Lovely Melody is the music that the Melody Charm plays.

Anyway, in the English version of that song, I thought Lovelitchi said, "I tripped over high and under the moon" when it's actually "I dreamed to ride into the afternoon". :mellow:

I ALWAYS thought that "Caramelldansen" said something about a cat doing something to a handbag. I'm not going to say what it says, though, 'cause the misheard lyric might have a bad word...o_O Then it ended with "Yours, only yours, we'll come on back then." Well, it started with "Dan, send me oats!" then that cat thing I told you about, then the last part. I was so confused...

I think I heard a Skrillex song (Kill EVERYBODY) that said "I'm going to kill with everybody in the world!" when it was "I want to kill everybody in the world!". I was very dumbfounded, but that was when I first heard it.

(Reason why I put "going" and "with" in italics, is because those are the misheard words I heard in "Kill EVERYBODY".)

In the Tschoopapa Tamagotchi song by Sqeezer, I though they said, "Gets my Gotchi right to sleep at night" when it's actually "Yes my Gotchi won't get no sleep tonight."

I also misheard "Come and get it" as "Come again".

That song is actually called "Lovely Day" or "Every Lovely". Lovely Melody is the music that the Melody Charm plays.

Anyway, in the English version of that song, I thought Lovelitchi said, "I tripped over high and under the moon" when it's actually "I dreamed to ride into the afternoon". :mellow:
Oopsie >w<. I never watched the original series so @w@.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back