Convincing your parents to buy an iD L (or P's)

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal Mametchi Fan

Reaction score
If you want your parents to buy you an iD L or a P's, here are some useful tips that should help!

• Ask around Christmas or your birthday
  • Do really well in school and do chores without even being asked so you deserve a reward
  • Show your parents pictures and videos of the Tamagotchi you want!
  • Let them know all its cool features
  • Compare it to something your parents like (for example, I compared iD L to Sims, a game my mama likes)
  • Fool them buy finding a fairly cheap price and an astronomical price on eBay. First show them the normal price and say, "I found one for this much!" and then she them the ridiculously priced one and say, "Look how much they're really meant to be worth!"
  • Remember, the price is the last thing you should tell them!

I personally think the last point is the first thing you tell them. Being upfront with the price can mean your parents weigh your work higher. That can be a total killer of all the work you have been doing when it comes down to it. Possibly making a no way more likely, regardless of the hard work you have done.

I would recommend you ask them if you can earn money for an expencive product (price) and go from that.

I'm not sure I like the "fool them" part particularly. I don't think lying is a quality we would want to encourage anyone to do. Being upfront with your parents and presenting the facts is a much better way of approaching this. I remember back when I was little and I wanted my parents to buy me something expensive, I'd first put aside some portion of it from my own allowance, and ask if I could work for the remaining bit by doing chores around the house. More often than not, the answer was yes once my parents saw I was willing to put forth an effort for it.

Ra,

Fooling parents so not the mature thing to do, if you act mature then they will probably feel rest assured that you will take care of it and most definitely be prepared to work for it, in my household you had to earn it to have it, good grades are for starters (it was soon notched that I always got good grades) chores and volunteering for extra chores, (also taking the younger sibling to the park helps my mom loved the couple of hours of quiet ) helping with dinner, cleaning up after dinner, simple things like that can add up. Also explain to them why you want it, what it is ( my mom has no idea what tamas are..... Well she did at one point but refused to buy the batteries) and maybe show them it's not just. Toy you'll play with for a week then beg for the next big thing

All of these are great ideas aside from the "fooling your parents"

I used to try stuff like that when I was younger all the time and it didn't really work in my favor.

The way to win your parents over is to show them maturity. The other things on your list are a great way to do that!

I'd also suggest spending quality time with your parents! Your parents love you and if you offer to play a board game or something with them they'd probably feel really appreciated :)

All I did was say "there's a new Tamagotchi out! Can I buy it? I have enough money!", then ordered it from eBay. :p If you have your own money and you're careful with it, only buying things you really want, your parents will probably let you get it if they're anything like mine.

All I did was say "there's a new Tamagotchi out! Can I buy it? I have enough money!", then ordered it from eBay. :p If you have your own money and you're careful with it, only buying things you really want, your parents will probably let you get it if they're anything like mine.
That's what I do to get my 3DS games all the time. If you pay with your own money... They have no reason to say no.

Theres this tip you have to remember: don't always ask to the same parent, or they'll start thinking you spend too much and tell you no. ^^ Think twice before buying something: Will I really use it?

Often, my mom just says ''You know what... I'll buy it for you. A little gift, okay?''. And that makes me super happy.

Show pictures and videos- I don't think parents want to waste their time watching videos- especially mine :rolleyes:

Parents are also people so none of this has to work. There's never a guarantee.

I always have bad grades (seriously, a good grade for me is C) and we are on the edge with my mom where she promises me to buy me expensive things... If I pass to another class.

She usually agrees on tamas and furbys since she knows they are my hobby, and I mainly use my money to buy them anyway. So maybe if you show them that collecting and playing with tamas is your hobby, they might be more open to that.

Also, I don't have a dad, so there's that... (yay for being a child born from adultery). I'm not sure if having both parents makes it easier or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back