Phobias

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tinkeepie11

Reaction score
A lot of people have phobias so I decided to make a topic about our worst fears. What kind of phobias do you have?

I have an extreme case of Arachnophobia(fear of spiders) and any time I see a spider, even a small one, I'll freak out

and get the feeling as if 1000 spiders are crawling all over my body.

I also have Achluophobia, which is a fear of the darkness. I can't stand the dark,

especially at night and I'm afraid there's monsters, murderers, etc that will jump

out at me.

I used to have an intense fear of dogs. When I was very little, I was attacked by a pit bull and my leg had to have several stitches. After that, I developed a phobia. As the years have droned on, it has gotten better, but I'm still very uneasy around large dogs.

Ra,

I have lepidopterophobia and emetophobia. I used to be scared of big dogs as well but unless they won't bark and jump on me, I'm fine around them.

I'm also very anxious about people IRL and my social skills are very limited. I'm scared of being around people I don't know.

Last edited by a moderator:
I avoid crowds like the plague. I tend to panic if I find myself in a crowd.

I fear my Tamagotchis degrading into liquid sludge. Plastic doesn't last forever. There are ways to prolong the life of plastics but you're really only delaying the inevitable. Sooner or later they will begin to degrade But considering there are plastic items around that are 50 years old or so it may not be something I need to worry about in my lifetime. The idea of it happening still bugs the crap out of me.

I hate balloons. If I'm in the same room as a balloon I begin to feel nauseated. I can't stand the way they feel.

I've had this intense fear of spiders since I was a kid, don't remember why... But it had progressed to spiders being inside, I'm fine and dandy with outside spiders but the second it goes indoors I panic. Ummm I also really don't like deep water... So fear of drowning, and ummm I've had this fear of lord voldemort living in my closet... So it has to be closed at night... Seriously he has no nose that's scary... Ummm I have some social anxiety when in large groups of people that I don't know... I think that's it......

i have a horrible phobia of bees, i can't even look at pictures of them without feeling sick.

i'm also anxious around dogs. i wouldn't call it a phobia because i really do love dogs, but i always have a fear in the back of my mind that they'll attack me. i guess it goes for any animal, pretty much just the fear of being attacked or scratched.

A lot of people have phobias so I decided to make a topic about our worst fears. What kind of phobias do you have?

I have an extreme case of Arachnophobia(fear of spiders) and any time I see a spider, even a small one, I'll freak out

and get the feeling as if 1000 spiders are crawling all over my body.

I also have Achluophobia, which is a fear of the darkness. I can't stand the dark,

especially at night and I'm afraid there's monsters, murderers, etc that will jump

out at me.
i have a horrible phobia of bees, i can't even look at pictures of them without feeling sick.
I have the same phobias. I also have a fear of mannequins. Yes, I know, it's a strange fear. But they freak me out SO MUCH!

I'm terrified of balloons. I can't stand it when there's the risk that they can pop and make me jump. Sweat breaks out, heart rate goes up and I can't think clearly anymore.

The worst part is that a lot of people don't take this seriously and make fun of it by playing with them in my presence or even popping them on purpose.. :(

And I used to be afraid of needles but now I'm a proud blood donor and soon to be a physicians assistent ^_^

I'm pretty scared of murky water. Any body of water that I can't see clear through terrifies me.

It makes enjoying the beach kind of hard, which is dumb because I live in Florida D;

I'm scared of a lot of things, particularly bugs but more so because they are kind of - you know ugly (sorry all you insects out there!) and gross me out! I'm also a little afraid of being alone and I'm paranoid about out-of-this-world type of things happening like my car stalling in the middle of some state across the country where I don't have a phone and no one drives down that road, etc. :rolleyes: Kinda silly I know! My worst fear EVER, though... is Abraham Lincoln. I have a terrible phobia and will not go anywhere near the memorial in Washington or watch any of the new movies or even dare look at my pennies or five dolla bills. I just can't do it. I used to have nightmares and still get them every once in a while.

Umm... I have these fears:

• Humans
  • Showers
  • Clicking links posted in chatrooms
  • Swear words

I'm going to go on about random little things.

Not much scares me. Actually, it's really very strange... There's so many things I imagine that would be extremely disturbing to most anyone. Not willingly, of course, but...

I won't go into specifics, so I'll put it this way: what people would consider some of the worst nightmares surprisingly don't affect me much at all anymore. And, to think, ten years ago, the sight of internal organs was something I feared.

Even more strangely, I cringe at the taste of rubber. I'm getting over it, of course...

Dead things, too. I love all creatures, even the slimiest little bug. Any of my friends complain about a creepy bug, I'm there. If it's dead, however, I won't touch it. Not even a tiny bug; it's a little corpse._.

Surprisingly, death itself isn't something I fear. When death is inescapable, I'll be able to take solace in the fact that I'll finally learn what death is like :p

Thanks for reading, if you did :)

I have:

Acrophobia, AKA Fear of heights

Fear of falling

Stairs with large openings in between each step, my school has these stairs! :angry:

Mild Claustrophobia

I used to have an animal phobia, especially dogs and cats. xD This was when I was about six or seven though.
What cured my phobia was when I was given a kitten in 2008, which made me love animals. Now I really want a dog, and I miss my cat who I no longer have.

I also used to have arachnophobia, but I've gotten over that recently, probably because I lived in Queensland, Australia for eight months where there were spiders bigger then my face in my closet. :p

I also used to have arachnophobia, but I've gotten over that recently, probably because I lived in Queensland, Australia for eight months where there were spiders bigger then my face in my closet. :p
Hahaha I hear you. After living there I no longer bat an eyelid when I see huntsmans the size of my hand.

I'm terrified of walking in the dark. I lived in south-east asia for a few years, and one time I was walking along a dark road and I stood on a rat :(

Might sound funny but I'm afraid of clowns. They're really creepy. When we went to a birthday party with clowns, I stayed outside and ate there as well because there were 2 clowns. They really freak me out.

I don't really know if this is a phobia but I don't like to turn when I'm sleeping. It seems like there'll be a ghost staring at me or something. That's why I always face the wall when sleeping. I developed this when I read something on CreepyPasta.

I'm very afraid of heartbeats, blood, violent death, needles, and...

driving a car. :p

Also, I have a fear of the passage of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back